Question regarding glass

Gatharoth

Question regarding glass

by Gatharoth » Post

Okay, so you know how glass removes/makes transparent sides that are connected to other glass?

Is there a force an update on a custom glass node to mimic that behavior to work with a normal glass node?

So in a sense, when the custom glass is placed it will check for non-custom glass nodes around it and remove the texture from the side that is connected to it if there is one. As well as a check for when nodes are placed next to it.

Edit: Made the question a bit clearer.
Last edited by Gatharoth on Wed Jul 04, 2012 21:30, edited 1 time in total.

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Post

By default there is something known as ''backface culling'' that doesn't show faces of nodes that are against faces of other nodes. Anything with the ''glasslike'' drawtype should work like normal glass - take a look at the default glass and see the settings like ''sunlight_propagates'' and ''drawtype'' and all.
"All we need it the right major crisis and the nations will accept the new world order."

Gatharoth

by Gatharoth » Post

SegFault22 wrote:By default there is something known as ''backface culling'' that doesn't show faces of nodes that are against faces of other nodes. Anything with the ''glasslike'' drawtype should work like normal glass - take a look at the default glass and see the settings like ''sunlight_propagates'' and ''drawtype'' and all.
You kind of misunderstand what I'm wanting. Yes the custom glass will work like normal glass, but only with itself. What I'm wanting to know is there a way to force that backface culling. Because if you put the custom glass and a regular glass together, the backface culling won't kick in, thus you can see the face of a node that's connected, both ways, both the regular and the custom glass.

Also that was my fault, I should have made it clearer when I was asking the question.

Gatharoth

by Gatharoth » Post

Anyone know anything about it?

Temperest
GitHub: Uberi

by Temperest » Post

There doesn't seem to be a way to do this as of now.
WorldEdit 1.0 released

The Mesecons Laboratory - the art of Mesecons circuitry
Latest article: Mesecons Basics.