[Mod] Advanced Vehicles [1.0.1-Release] [adv_vehicles]

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

[Mod] Advanced Vehicles [1.0.1-Release] [adv_vehicles]

by Andrey01 » Post

Advanced Vehicles 1.0.1Release!

Description
Adds different vehicles: cars, trucks, buses, planes, trains, services. Currently it has one car (bmw_118), bus (volvo) and truck (kamaz). This also introduces a bit API allowing to register a car used analogical parameters (see API Doc Reference below). Note, this mod is very WIP and being under active development stage and that`s why many planned features and content are missing.

Features
  • Realistic physics: smooth going/rotation, pushing off nodes (along y axis only).
  • Vehicles have own interiors.
  • Detailed models and textures.
Planned features
  • Add more cars, trucks, buses, planes, trains/trams, ships and many other.
  • Fix a bug when any vehicles just don`t go forward due to the immediate braking. HIGH PRIORITY
  • Pushing off the vehicles along X/Z axises.
  • More crafting ingredients. HIGH PRIORITY
  • Wheels and steering wheel animations.
  • Emitting the smoke.
  • Switching on/off internal lighting.
  • Fix calculating of position of each seat (it offsets each time when a player has got in). HIGH PRIORITY
Version History
Spoiler
  • [19.08.19] 1.0.1-Release
  • [14.08.19] 1.0.0-Release
  • [01.08.19] 1.0.0-Release Candidate 2
  • [16.07.19] 1.0.0-Release Candidate 1
  • [25.06.19] 1.0.0-Beta
Crafting Recipes
https://github.com/Andrey2470T/adv_vehi ... ng-recipes

API Doc Reference
https://github.com/Andrey2470T/adv_vehi ... umentation

Mod License: MIT
Dependencies: default, basic_materials or luxury_decor
Browsing or downloading:
https://github.com/Andrey2470T/adv_vehicles
Last edited by Andrey01 on Mon Aug 19, 2019 20:37, edited 12 times in total.

CalebJ
GitHub: KaylebJay
IRC: KaylebJay
In-game: CalebJ

Re: [Mod] Advanced Vehicles [Beta] [adv_vehicles]

by CalebJ » Post

Yay, finally another car mod. The only one with readable code was paramat's driftcar ;) This looks good, testing!

Red_King_Cyclops

by Red_King_Cyclops » Post

Is this mod going to replace the vehicles mod?
Currently working on new mods.

CalebJ

by CalebJ » Post

+1 on nice coding and textures. The cars are too glitchy IMO at the moment, especially the bus, and driving is laggy. I know this is still WIP, so I really hope this will be THE car mod for Minetest :)
Red_King_Cyclops wrote:Is this mod going to replace the vehicles mod?
I hope it will! D00MED's code is too messy, in my opinion, perhaps accounting for the current state of the mod :(

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Like what I consider. In any case, I want to try to make realistic physics and nice models and textures.
CalebJ wrote:+1 on nice coding and textures. The cars are too glitchy IMO at the moment, especially the bus, and driving is laggy. I know this is still WIP, so I really hope this will be THE car mod for Minetest :)
I hope it will! D00MED's code is too messy, in my opinion, perhaps accounting for the current state of the mod :(
Yes, I know they are glitchy. Also, regardless my *smart* code the vehicles don`t always rotate and change their movement path immediately while driving. However, the default boats do it on time.

yw05
GitHub: y5nw
IRC: y5nw
In-game: ywang

by yw05 » Post

I don't think you need to add trains or trams. AdvTrains is already advanced enough and also used on many servers.

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

yw05 wrote:I don't think you need to add trains or trams. AdvTrains is already advanced enough and also used on many servers.
I wanted to add trains used AdvTrains`s API. Just other models.

CalebJ

by CalebJ » Post

Andrey01 wrote:
yw05 wrote:I don't think you need to add trains or trams. AdvTrains is already advanced enough and also used on many servers.
I wanted to add trains used AdvTrains`s API. Just other models.
I would consider making this a fork/part of advtrains and not part of this mod. But more power to you, bullet train models are always welcome! We don't have enough! :)

Andrey01

Re: [Mod] Advanced Vehicles [1.0.0-rel_cand1] [adv_vehicles]

by Andrey01 » Post

[16.07.19] 1.0.0-RELEASE CANDIDATE #1!

I have finally made many fixations/optimizations of the API, it took much time to do it all. Also, the bmw 118 model & texturre have been changed!
  • Changed the bmw 118 model and texture, it has got look more realistic:
  • Added adv_vehicles.vehicle_stop() function that will be called in the globalstep. So, vehicle braking doesn`t depend on whether any player is sitting inside or not anymore.
  • Vehicle changes its moving direction correctly when it is rotating. It calls adv_vehicles.pave_vector() in the same globalstep now.
  • Added acc_vector_length option that passes to register_vehicle(). Now, the truck, bus and car have different acceleration.
  • Removed unnecessary player_eye_offset parameter from a table of register_vehicle(). Now, you need to use eye_offset field individually for each seat that offsets original player camera position along to given coords.
  • Commented & clarified each action happening in api.txt.
  • Extended the API Doc.
Probably there are other changes, but they`re very small and I can not remember them.

Andrey01

Re: [Mod] Advanced Vehicles [1.0.0-RC2] [adv_vehicles]

by Andrey01 » Post

[01.08.19] 1.0.0-RELEASE CANDIDATE #2!
  • Added full-fledged crafting of vehicles (vehicles are crafted from the frames, tires, ICE, headlights and steering wheel).
  • Added phosphorus, aluminium and silicon ores.
SHARP PROBLEM: vehicles don`t go forward due to the immediate braking.

Andrey01

Re: [Mod] Advanced Vehicles [1.0.0-RC2] [adv_vehicles]

by Andrey01 » Post

Complexly worked over the current crafting guide in README.md. Also, added crafting recipes of new items are since 1.0.0-RC2.

Andrey01

Re: [Mod] Advanced Vehicles [1.0.0-Release] [adv_vehicles]

by Andrey01 » Post

[14.08.19]Release-1.0.0!
Here`s no significant changes expect fixing that enough serious bug that`s mentioned below.

Andrey01

Re: [Mod] Advanced Vehicles [1.0.1-Release] [adv_vehicles]

by Andrey01 » Post

[19.08.19] Release 1.0.1!
  • Vehicles turning are smooth now.
  • Added wheel and bunch of wheels items that serve for crafting of vehicles (tires bunch is removed).

Esskeetit
IRC: Esskeetit
In-game: Esskeetit Rio

by Esskeetit » Post

Andrey01 wrote:Image
Advanced Vehicles 1.0.1Release!

Description
Adds different vehicles: cars, trucks, buses, planes, trains, services. Currently it has one car (bmw_118), bus (volvo) and truck (kamaz). This also introduces a bit API allowing to register a car used analogical parameters (see API Doc Reference below). Note, this mod is very WIP and being under active development stage and that`s why many planned features and content are missing.

Features
  • Realistic physics: smooth going/rotation, pushing off nodes (along y axis only).
  • Vehicles have own interiors.
  • Detailed models and textures.
Planned features
  • Add more cars, trucks, buses, planes, trains/trams, ships and many other.
  • Fix a bug when any vehicles just don`t go forward due to the immediate braking. HIGH PRIORITY
  • Pushing off the vehicles along X/Z axises.
  • More crafting ingredients. HIGH PRIORITY
  • Wheels and steering wheel animations.
  • Emitting the smoke.
  • Switching on/off internal lighting.
  • Fix calculating of position of each seat (it offsets each time when a player has got in). HIGH PRIORITY
Version History
Spoiler
  • [19.08.19] 1.0.1-Release
  • [14.08.19] 1.0.0-Release
  • [01.08.19] 1.0.0-Release Candidate 2
  • [16.07.19] 1.0.0-Release Candidate 1
  • [25.06.19] 1.0.0-Beta
Crafting Recipes
https://github.com/Andrey2470T/adv_vehi ... ng-recipes

API Doc Reference
https://github.com/Andrey2470T/adv_vehi ... umentation

Mod License: MIT
Dependencies: default, basic_materials or luxury_decor
Browsing or downloading:
https://github.com/Andrey2470T/adv_vehicles
Hey Andrey. This mod looks pretty epic from the pictures...but is it compatible with Minetest v 4.16?

-Esk
Esskeeetitttttt

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Hi Esk, thanks for feedback. It can be used, but 5.x versions are recommended to use as I used the newest modding API.

ulla
GitHub: IIIullaIII
IRC: ulla
In-game: ulla

by ulla » Post

my first try

Code: Select all

AsyncErr: Lua: Runtime error from mod 'adv_vehicles' in callback environment_Step(): ...ds\minetest-5.8.0-win64\bin\..\mods\adv_vehicles/api.lua:35: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'current_point_yaw' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	...ds\minetest-5.8.0-win64\bin\..\mods\adv_vehicles/api.lua:35: in function 'rotate_point_around_other_point'
	...ds\minetest-5.8.0-win64\bin\..\mods\adv_vehicles/api.lua:115: in function 'pave_vector'
	...ds\minetest-5.8.0-win64\bin\..\mods\adv_vehicles/api.lua:350: in function <...ds\minetest-5.8.0-win64\bin\..\mods\adv_vehicles/api.lua:335>
	...\minetest-5.8.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\common\register.lua:26: in function <...\minetest-5.8.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\common\register.lua:12>

X4cna2d4UqsiawIzUumDgPoYNx3JLGII

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

ulla wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 21:18
my first try

AsyncErr: Lua: Runtime error from mod 'adv_vehicles' in callback environment_Step(): ...ds\minetest-5.8.0-win64\bin\..\mods\adv_vehicles/api.lua:35: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'current_point_yaw' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	...ds\minetest-5.8.0-win64\bin\..\mods\adv_vehicles/api.lua:35: in function 'rotate_point_around_other_point'
	...ds\minetest-5.8.0-win64\bin\..\mods\adv_vehicles/api.lua:115: in function 'pave_vector'
	...ds\minetest-5.8.0-win64\bin\..\mods\adv_vehicles/api.lua:350: in function <...ds\minetest-5.8.0-win64\bin\..\mods\adv_vehicles/api.lua:335>
	...\minetest-5.8.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\common\register.lua:26: in function <...\minetest-5.8.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\common\register.lua:12>

This mod has been already dead long ago, I don't work on it anymore. There is a much more stable and advanced another mod with an own API (automobiles pack by apercy): viewtopic.php?t=27698&hilit=Automobiles

ulla
GitHub: IIIullaIII
IRC: ulla
In-game: ulla

by ulla » Post

Andrey01 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 17:58
ulla wrote:
my first try

stack traceback:

This mod has been already dead long ago, I don't work on it anymore. There is a much more stable and advanced another mod with an own API (automobiles pack by apercy): viewtopic.php?t=27698&hilit=Automobiles
Thanks for the reply, I already have the apercy mod in the server, it's a shame about your mod, I had it in my old server and it made many people have fun with the tracks and garages, police stations etc I didn't know it wasn't more maintained, I only tried it in single player, I wanted to put it back in the server due to the variety of media, if I have time I can fix it a bit?
X4cna2d4UqsiawIzUumDgPoYNx3JLGII

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

ulla wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 22:59
Andrey01 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 17:58
ulla wrote:
my first try

stack traceback:

Thanks for the reply, I already have the apercy mod in the server, it's a shame about your mod, I had it in my old server and it made many people have fun with the tracks and garages, police stations etc I didn't know it wasn't more maintained, I only tried it in single player, I wanted to put it back in the server due to the variety of media, if I have time I can fix it a bit?
Yes, of course you can fix and then open a PR with those fixes on my github repo. However, I'm not going to revive development of it. The code is actually a mess and inworkable. The textures are too high-resolution and pretty bad quality. The models are also not better, they have a bad shape in some places of the meshes and some of them have duplicated parts. So it needs in a full overhaul. I have a plan to do some new vehicles based on the automobiles pack API. It would be an addition for the basic vehicles which that mod has.