RUS locale commoditymarket_fantasy
Attachments
commoditymarket_fantasy.ru.zip
(4.25 KiB) Downloaded 52 times

FaceDeer
GitHub: FaceDeer

Re: [MOD] Commodities markets [commoditymarket] 0.3

by FaceDeer » Post

Thanks! I've added it to the repository.

skiphoppy

by skiphoppy » Post

Brilliant mod, fantastically executed!

Any idea how to double click on the forms on Android? My kids want to know how to withdraw their earnings from the markets and cancel orders. :)

skiphoppy

by skiphoppy » Post

FaceDeer wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 17:09
True story: I started work on this mod because I was out camping for two weeks and only had my tablet along with me for company. My tablet doesn't have the horsepower to do map generation modding, I didn't have art tools installed, and I just generally don't care for the touchscreen interface when playing Minetest. So I thought to myself "which of my mod ideas can I work on where all I have to do to test it is launch a game and click on the node right in front of me?" :)
Now that's hardcore. I've never developed anything actually on a tablet. The keyboards drive me nuts. :)

I'm hoping this story means there's a way to withdraw from market inventory and cancel orders on tablets, but I'm worried you didn't write that part till you got home...

FaceDeer

by FaceDeer » Post

Just a quick note, I've added Mineclone2 compatibility to this mod (and to commoditymarket_fantasy).

As for the touchscreen issues, I'll see if I can take a look at that. Sorry about going silent for a while there, real life threw me some curve balls and I dropped out of my hobbies for a while to deal with them. Hopefully smoother sailing from now on.

kristovish
GitHub: kristovish
In-game: kristovish

Re: [MOD] Commodities markets [0.3] [commoditymarket]

by kristovish » Post

Hi there! I have this mod on my server but I have problems with the formspect. I have tried several ways to fix it but have not had any success other than breaking the mod. I don't know if the mod is still supported or if someone knows how to correct it so that it looks correctly like in the main image?

Skamiz Kazzarch
GitHub: Skamiz
In-game: Skamiz

by Skamiz Kazzarch » Post

In the first tab you can check the setting for 'Show Icons'. Other then that, the rest is caused by screen space issues. Minetest isn't very good at adjusting the size of formspec elements when the whole formspec is shrunken due to a small game window.
If you don't mind that the formspec will look unbalanced you can try this:
In 'formspecs.lua'
Change line 337 to: "size[15,10]"
Change line 361 to .."table[0,0;14.75,5;summary;"
That will make the formspec wider, allowing you to see the missing table columns.
You can change the values 15 and 14.75 to see what fits you best, but there is no perfect solution, since it just depends on the players screen size and their gui settings.

Edit:
You can also try making the formspec a fixed size: https://github.com/minetest/minetest/bl ... .txt#L2329

Code: Select all

### `size[<W>,<H>,<fixed_size>]`

* Define the size of the menu in inventory slots
* `fixed_size`: `true`/`false` (optional)
That way formspec size doesn't depend on game window size. But it doesn't help for players with unusual gui scaling and it causes the formspec to go off-screen if the window is too small.

FaceDeer

by FaceDeer » Post

Sorry, I sort of took a modding hiatus for a while there. I'll take a look at this mod on the weekend and see if I can fix up the formspecs for more more recent versions of Minetest. There's been a lot of enhancements to the formspec API since last I wrote this stuff, so hopefully I'll be able to overcome some of the limitations I was left with.