Voxelizer (Turns 3D models into astonishing voxel builds. Sort of the opposite of )and .
Another mighty world manipulation tool like . Blazing fast.
Note : Voxelizer needs to be added to the "trusted mods" if "mod security" is enabled.Depends on and . IntelliJ IDEA with EmmyLua plugin project.
Code licensed under the GPLv3for now.
Written by Lars Mueller alias LMD or appguru(eu).
Media licenses (files in the folder) :
- CC BY-SA 3.0, by MirceaKitsune & stujones11 -
- CC BY-SA 3.0, by Jordach -
- BSD 2-Clause "Simplified" License, by sfan5 -
- - derived from , same license
- GitHub- sources, issue tracking, contributing
- Discord- discussion, chatting
- Minetest Forum- (more organized) discussion
- ContentDB- releases (downloading from GitHub is recommended)
Some Sams, using reduced palettes.
Another Sam, using the full palette from Minetestmapper.
Same Sam, rear view.
2 mages & Ironmen (thanks to Jordachand Ginsu23for the skins)
The used texture pack was MTUOTPby Aurailus and GamingAssociation39.
Other textures seen are from Minimal Development Testor the Wool mod(wool textures by Cisoun).
All commands are executed with . If in need for help, just do .
You need the priv to use any of the Voxelizer commands. Some commands require extra privs.
Media - models, textures and nodemaps (color lookups) - is stored in .
If you are unsure about which settings to use, either do some research or try it and see.
Editing the placed models is recommended; Voxelizer might place a few blocks undesirably, which needs to be fixed by hand.
Voxelizer needs to be added as to the trusted mods in the settings in order to be able to read textures or download files.
Disabling mod security would also work but is notrecommended.
Per-player configuration commands. Configuration remains after shutdown (is persistent).
- Supported File Formats) - set/get the current texture (see
- Supported File Formats) - set/get the current nodemap (see
- - set/get the current error diffusion dithering algorithms (specify algorithm ID)
- - set/get current color choosing mode (best/average)
- - set/get current filtering mode (nearest/bilinear)
- - set/get merge modes (specify mode ID)
- Supported File Formats) - set/get the current 3D model (see
- - get/enable/disable weighing colors (see ) by their alpha
- - get/enable/disable protection bypass (you need the priv to enable it)
- - set/get the current rasterization accuracy (integer). Note that this increases computation time quadratically. Values higher than are not recommended.
All file formats supported by on your Java setup. You can find them out using the following commands :
Code: Select all
cd ~/.minetest/mods/voxelizer/production/voxelizer java SupportedTextureFormats
Internally, the ( , "Simple Image File") file format (just gave it some name) is used :
- 4 byte header : 2 times a 2 byte unsigned short, first is width, second is height
- Followed by uncompressed image data : array of 4 byte tuples, consisting of ARGB unsigned bytes, positions in array are calculated as
Any valid will be accepted by this mod. The format is :
Multiple lines like
Only the file format is (with certain restrictions) supported. It is recommended to export your models from Blender.
- No free form geometry ( s)
- No complex texture coordinates ( s with more than 2 coordinates given), use simple ones
- No polygonal faces ( s with more than 3 indexes), use triangles
- No line ( ) elements
- No material ( ) file usage, only a single texture
- No smooth shading ( )
- No normals ( )
Export your .obj files with Blender properly by ticking the right options, as seen here :
So summarized, the following boxes should be ticked :
- Apply modifiers
- Write normals (not required)
- Write UVs
- Triangulate faces
- Objects as OBJ objects
- / - set first and second edge position, model will be placed thereafter and positions will be deleted
- - place model with given scale (defaults to )
File will be downloaded to . The URL filename will be taken if is not specified.
Likely not safe due to the usage of HTTP Requests.
- download a file from the internet using a GET request, requires priv additionally.