In-game: LMD + PRO_LMD + Limo

Zalera

GitHub: Zalera
IRC: Zalera
In-game: Zalera

Re: [Mod] Voxelizer - turns 3d models into buildings [voxeli

by Zalera » Mon Sep 09, 2019 23:23

LMD wrote:Voxelizer
Turns 3d models into astonishing voxel builds.
For more info, please visit GitHub : https://github.com/appgurueu/voxelizer

Hi. There's a problem when you type "/vox 2" pos - the game crashes - Minetest 5.1.0 .

LMD

GitHub: appgurueu

by LMD » Tue Sep 10, 2019 13:09

Hi ! Please provide the error (how does it crash?)

Also make sure that you have the newest versions of modlib, cmdlib and voxelizer.

LMD

by LMD » Tue Sep 10, 2019 13:45

Update: I managed to reproduce the error, and will try to fix it as soon as possible.

LMD

by LMD » Tue Sep 10, 2019 14:36

The cause for the error is mod security, disallowing "os.execute" calls for security reasons.
It has been "fixed" - Voxelizer now requests an insecure environment and obtains "os.execute".
I also left a notice in the Readme - Voxelizer needs to be added to the trusted mods. See the commit here : https://github.com/appgurueu/voxelizer/ ... 1457cd0161
Thanks for your bug report ! I likely wouldn't have found this without it, as I had tested with mod security disabled. But of course this is not always an option for players.

Zalera

by Zalera » Tue Sep 10, 2019 17:59

LMD wrote:The cause for the error is mod security, disallowing "os.execute" calls for security reasons.
It has been "fixed" - Voxelizer now requests an insecure environment and obtains "os.execute".
I also left a notice in the Readme - Voxelizer needs to be added to the trusted mods. See the commit here : https://github.com/appgurueu/voxelizer/ ... 1457cd0161
Thanks for your bug report ! I likely wouldn't have found this without it, as I had tested with mod security disabled. But of course this is not always an option for players.

Ok. I'm just only interested about it can create statues by using *.obj meshes... That's awesome. And excellent job LMD. Voxelizer is very powerful. I'm using on a tiny singlenode map. Thanks for your answer. One question: What option to I need to disable: strict_protocol or another one? When you mean to be trusted mods, it's to copy/paste into ...\games\minetest_game\mods file?

LMD

by LMD » Wed Sep 11, 2019 13:52

> excellent job LMD
Thank you !
> What option to I need to disable: strict_protocol or another one?
In Minetest settings, search "secure.trusted_mods". It's a list of mod names, seperated with commatas, like "mod1, mod2, mod3". Append Voxelizer to that list ("mod1, mod2, mod3, voxelizer"). If there are no mods, then just set it to "voxelizer".

Do you have Discord ? I'm considering opening an Support Server for my stuff. You can also reach me over the Unofficial Minetest Discord, however.

Zalera

by Zalera » Sun Sep 15, 2019 00:22

LMD wrote:> excellent job LMD
Thank you !
> What option to I need to disable: strict_protocol or another one?
In Minetest settings, search "secure.trusted_mods". It's a list of mod names, seperated with commatas, like "mod1, mod2, mod3". Append Voxelizer to that list ("mod1, mod2, mod3, voxelizer"). If there are no mods, then just set it to "voxelizer".

Do you have Discord ? I'm considering opening an Support Server for my stuff. You can also reach me over the Unofficial Minetest Discord, however.

Dude. I've got the same issue after doing this. The game crashes after I type /vox 2. I don't know why...

Zalera

by Zalera » Sun Sep 15, 2019 00:30

You should do a video tutorial.

The next I'm going to do it's to try this mod in a new minetest game folder - with only one world. I was testing on my usual minetest game file - which I've got 4 worlds.

LMD

by LMD » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:48

As said, it's working smoothly for me. Have you changed the settings as shown below ?
If it still doesn't work, please open an issue on GitHub or here, including a screenshot of the error, and additional info.
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto von 2019-09-15 12-46-35.png
(24.41 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to WIP Mods