Steamed_Punk

[WIP]Indian Village and Buffalo[WIP] github

by Steamed_Punk » Mon Sep 09, 2019 16:03

Indian Village Mod and Buffalo Mob

A village and campfire to cook buffalo!

Can you hunt them down?
==========================================================================

Getting started

Before you can build a village and campfire you will need to hunt, buffalo can be found in small herds of up to ten. Don't get close there is a chance they will attack! They are fast, heavy and brutal, keep your distance and be sure to have your trusty bow over your shoulder. Warning they will charge if you try to kill them and they may charge as a group.

Resources

If your hunting trip is successful then you will be rewarded with meat that can be cooked into mouth watering ribs. But to cook them you will need to build the campfire and for this you have to hope your hunting trip produces both buffalo fat as a fire starter and hide to build a village, who knows what the horns could be used for ! ?

Image Image
I hope this helps!

BTW, you can place a torch inside the teepee.

What's the plan

Eventually i would like to make villages spawn naturally in certain biomes as well as have the possibility of just creating your own teepee.! And why not villagers to go with it.
I would like to make the teepee's sleep-able like a bed.
I am looking at the idea of a skinning rack and ground, i am toying with the idea of clothing!?

Adding decorations, such as a totem pole, a buffalo skull ......?????????

I still have a lot to learn so have no idea what, when or how. Obviously if you guys'n'girls have suggestions for objects and decor or know how to do what i am thinking but lightning speed compared to me i am all ears.

SPECIAL THANKS

TenPlus1 thank you for the api's you have put up, i have learnt so much in a month from those and your code, and thank you for your intervention behind the scenes.

Natahn.S thank you for animating the Buffalo, my modelling skill's are reasonable but animating is completely alien. I would have spent another month learning before releasing this. Now i can take a closer look.

Googol thank you your 'New Campfire 0.3.0' has made my campfire a lot easier for me to build, it is self contained within my mod so as not replace yours.

=====================================================================================
FULL CREDITS ARE GIVEN AT GITHUB, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I MISSED YOU OR SOMETHING ELSE.
=====================================================================================

LICENSE - MODELS and TEXTURES:

Basically you can do as you please as long as you follow the terms of license.
The only restriction is that you CANNOT USE COMMERCIALLY.
licensed under (CC BY-NC 3.0) for full details see license within each Mob, Mod or Texture-Pack. Do not use if you don't agree.

DOWNLOADS:
Take a look around and all downloads https://steamed-punk.github.io/
DIRECT
Indian Village https://github.com/Steamed-Punk/Indian-Village-Mod/archive/master.zip
Buffalohttps://github.com/Steamed-Punk/Indian-Village-Mobs/archive/master.zip
Last edited by Steamed_Punk on Wed Sep 11, 2019 15:35, edited 1 time in total.
The sky is not the limit - It's my playground

Chem871

GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Dwaba_Kukai

Re: [WIP]Indian Village and Buffalo[WIP] github

by Chem871 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 20:07

Nice idea, but they're aren't 'Indian', they are 'Native American'. The people who went searching for India didn't know there was an entire continent in the way :P
What is SCP-055 again? I forgot.

Steamed_Punk

by Steamed_Punk » Tue Sep 10, 2019 20:12

LOL, i was waiting on something like this, but thought that the spelling for Tipi/tepee/teepee would be the first :D

The opening lines from the readme.md.....

Indian Village Mod for Minetest!

!!! This is not supposed to be historically correct or target any Nation or tribe, it is definitely not intended to be detrimental in any way shape or form. If anything this is for fun and a cross bred love based on an over mediatized and glorified hollywood image and growing up in a family that participated in large charity organized re-enactements, yes i got dressed up and shot a lot as a kid. On the other hand, i have no objections to advice to make this as authentic as possible, !!!

!!! WORK IN PROGRESS !!!

:p

Nathan.S

GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

by Nathan.S » Thu Sep 12, 2019 14:22

So I just had a chance to look at the mods, and here are a few things I noticed.
1. Having the buffalo and village stuff both different mods confused me, as there is only one forum topic. Once I realized that I needed to download two mods that wasn't an issue, but maybe you should combine them, or make two topics.
2. I noticed in both mods that you have a depends.txt file and a mod.conf file. You can eliminate the depends.txt file and put that information in the mod.conf file.
3. On the subject of dependencies the village mod needs fire:flint_and_steel, but doesn't have fire listed as a dependency.
4. I know you're already working on this one, but you can't kill the buffalo with the bow and arrow, or anything else.
5. The Teepee wield model is a bit on the large size, you should be able to make it smaller with wield_scale, unless that doesn't work on mesh objects.
6. When the campfire is dug you get unknown items. Groups aren't things you can give, you need to explicitly list the specific node(s) you want to drop.
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course

Steamed_Punk

by Steamed_Punk » Thu Sep 12, 2019 18:59

Nathan.S wrote:So I just had a chance to look at the mods, and here are a few things I noticed.
1. Having the buffalo and village stuff both different mods confused me, as there is only one forum topic. Once I realized that I needed to download two mods that wasn't an issue, but maybe you should combine them, or make two topics.
2. I noticed in both mods that you have a depends.txt file and a mod.conf file. You can eliminate the depends.txt file and put that information in the mod.conf file.
3. On the subject of dependencies the village mod needs fire:flint_and_steel, but doesn't have fire listed as a dependency.
4. I know you're already working on this one, but you can't kill the buffalo with the bow and arrow, or anything else.
5. The Teepee wield model is a bit on the large size, you should be able to make it smaller with wield_scale, unless that doesn't work on mesh objects.
6. When the campfire is dug you get unknown items. Groups aren't things you can give, you need to explicitly list the specific node(s) you want to drop.

Hi Nathan and thanks for the feedback.

1. I can understand the confusion. At first i wasn't sure how to put files together and at the same time i wanted to create mobs thinking best to keep them seperate from the village mod. I have just got my head round the: dofile(path .. "/decor.lua") -- Steamed_Punk
Which has allowed me to now include a totem pole and a buffalo skull. I will do the same for the mob.
2. Yes, going over the different tutorials and forum posts, and looking at different peoples code, probably older mods, i got a little confused about the depends and mod.config file. I will go over this shortly.
3. Thanks, i didn't notice because it seemed to just work.
4. This is an issue i came across and have been discussing this behind the scenes with tenPlus1, i thought it was working. I have been updating files these last couple of days but haven't mentioned it yet.
5. This has been addressed and a separate wield image has been added.
6. I'm not sure i follow. It drops ash as with the original campfire and a bone that i added. Once again it worked here.

thanks again i will go over those issues.
regards

Nathan.S

GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

by Nathan.S » Fri Sep 13, 2019 03:30

I'm sorry, I must have had some old code, the Teepee and campfire both work just fine after updating. :)

The buffalo skull does seem to have a wee problem, it says it's a Totem, and it doesn't have an inventory image. It also shares the same recipe as the actual Totem pole.
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course

Steamed_Punk

by Steamed_Punk » Fri Sep 13, 2019 08:55

That's strange, in my game i have the totem in hand (shot below) and in the inventory, same as the skull. But yes you are right for the name. It is a copy of the teepee code, i just changed the names and forgot the description. I'll go deal with that now., well spotted.

Done!

Chem871

by Chem871 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 18:59

Deer would be a nice addition, as would corn.

Steamed_Punk

by Steamed_Punk » Fri Sep 13, 2019 19:31

Chem871 wrote:Deer would be a nice addition, as would corn.

great idea, it would have to be the rainbow coloured corn. I will look into how to make plants grow in stages and be ready to harvest. I will also have to see how to make them sway like leaves and grass etc.

I like the idea of deer, but i think someone has already done this. Needs confirming, i don't want to tread on toes.

Chem871

by Chem871 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 13:34

What about wearable clothes and necklaces, bracelets, etc.?

Steamed_Punk

by Steamed_Punk » Sat Sep 14, 2019 18:25

Chem871 wrote:What about wearable clothes and necklaces, bracelets, etc.?

Hi Chem871 Did you see the "What's the Plan" section in the initial post? I noted a few ideas. I have already added the totem pole and skull (i want that to be a rare find, looking into it), the next build is the skinning and tanning rack for hide. Maybe clothes from there.....One step at a time ;-)

Although not mentioned above, i still haven't a use for the horns, maybe them and other shells for jewellery. I had thought of glass beads, but the problem there is that Native Americans traded for them and i haven't got villagers for that sort of set up yet. Also coloured glass beads as a trade item!?
If someone can and wants to create a coloured glass beads mod and a way of using them as a trade item (just thoughts).
Is it even possible to attach things in different places on the player? If so then why not a headdress?

Steamed_Punk

by Steamed_Punk » Sun Sep 15, 2019 20:59

Now it eats

I just realized that the Buffalo wasn't self feeding, i made the changements and uploaded the buffalo.lua https://github.com/Steamed-Punk/Indian-Village-Mobs/blob/master/buffalo.lua

Return to WIP Mods