[mod] YATM (Yet Another Tech Mod)

IceDragon200
GitHub: IceDragon200
IRC: IceDragon
In-game: IceDragon

[mod] YATM (Yet Another Tech Mod)

by IceDragon200 » Post

https://yatm.icedragon.space/ has been updated, take a look if you want to get a quick glance of all the nodes!

Also if you're good with Javascript and 3d rendering, I would really like some help with rendering the nodes on the page for documentation!

tl;dr https://github.com/IceDragon200/mt-yatm for latest, I don't do releases currently, so you'll have to grab the latest from master.

You can either use git to maintain the code in your mods directory, or download the latest release.

Please ensure that you're running a LuaJIT build of minetest.

Please also ensure you have added yatm_core and yatm_oku to your trusted mods list.

If you are unable to use LuaJIT, fear not, YATM can kind-of run without it, just don't expect any computers, you must edit the yatm_core/config.lua for now and set:

Code: Select all

-- When a module or modules is crippled by missing core features,
-- should YATM throw an error instead of just logging?
yatm.config.fail_loud = false -- this will have YATM only log its failures instead of throwing an error.
You may need to place it into a subdirectory to setup the modpack correctly, shouldn't be too hard.

For any additional screenshots, you can check the individual modules, they may contain a screenshots directory.

Please note some of these screenshots are from earlier development cycles.

Origin

YATM was a mod I made originally for Minecraft, but after the 1.8.x updates, I gave up on Java and turned to minetest.
One of the motivations was the ease of prototyping new ideas without all the cumbersome boilerplate that a minecraft mod requires.

Yet Another Tech Mod

The Acronym was born from the fact that minecraft was saturated with different 'Tech' mods during YATM's inception, instead of denying it, or trying to come up with some cool name, I chose to embrace that my mod, was indeed, yet another tech mod.

What's in it?

Quite a few things actually, going by the current list of mods:
  • Core (yatm_core)
    Spoiler
    State: Done? It's a core I don't think it needs much...

Inspiration: It's a core, what inspiration is there?

Core provides materials, and base utilities used by the other mods.
  • Armoury (yatm_armoury)
    Spoiler
    State: Very WIP

Inspiration: Firearms (the real stuff)

Armoury intends to provide the player with weaponry and armour for fighting
  • Autotest (yatm_autotest)
    Spoiler

Inspiration: None really, I just wanted some way to test all the nodes and their interactions.

Autotest is intended to add integration tests to minetest, this means placing nodes and then testing their interactions.
  • Bees (yatm_bees)
    Spoiler
    State: WIP

Inspiration: Growthcraft Bees

Bees, adds, bees to the game, primarily for their honey and wax.
  • Brewery (yatm_brewery)
    Spoiler

Inspiration: Growthcraft Cellar

Brewery intends to bring alcohol to Minetest.

But for now it has all the fluid barrels.
  • Brewery [Apple Cider] (yatm_brewery_apple_cider)
    Spoiler
    State: So WIP, it's practically empty!

Inspiration: Growthcraft Cellar, Growthcraft Apples

Apple Cider is one the beverages provided by the brewery module.
  • Cables (yatm_cables)
    Spoiler
    State: WIP, works at least

Inspiration: Any tech mod that had cables of some form

Cables adds all the different connection cables for YATM.

The categories are:
    • Energy - energy cables (i.e. copper and duplex cables) transport energy between nodes, rather it helps form the energy cluster
    • Device - device cables (i.e. pipes and duplex cables) connect devices together to support different logic (it depends, see dscs for example)
  • Clusters (yatm_clusters)
    Spoiler
    State: Stable-ish

Inspiration: I needed a unified way to manage a group of nodes and apply updates on them in a deterministic way

Clusters defines a service for grouping nodes together to perform a synchronous update on them.
    Clusters provides a simple implement in the form for yatm.SimpleCluster, this will handle regstration, updates, removal and block unloading.

For examples see yatm_cluster_* modules
  • Cluster [Devices] (yatm_cluster_devices)
    Spoiler

Inspiration: See clusters

Devices manages nodes that can be treated as a 'device' network, that is any set of nodes that can inter-communicate to perform different activities.

The DSCS makes use of this cluster to provide it's inventory system.
  • Cluster [Energy] (yatm_cluster_energy)
    Spoiler
    State: Stable

Inspiration: See clusters

The energy cluster registers and manages devices that produce, store and consume energy as well as 'work' using that energy.
  • Cluster [Thermal] (yatm_cluster_thermal)
    Spoiler

Inspiration: See clusters, heat transfer, similar to energy but also affects external nodes (i.e. melting snow, or freezing water)

The thermal cluster manages nodes which interconnect to transfer heat, think of a heat exchanger on a reactor or a smelter.
  • Culinary (yatm_culinary)
    Spoiler

Inspiration: Cooking, a random picture of Pie

The Culinary module provides various appliances, devices and food materials.

For now it has a Pie (which behaves like a minecraft cake).
  • Data Network (yatm_data_network)
    Spoiler
    State: WIP (Stalled by OKU, since the computers there are the ones that actually would produce and use this data)

Inspiration: Red Power (I've never played it, but I saw screenshots and read about it), networking and internet protocols.

The Data Network defines a special cluster for transmitting 'data' between nodes, this data is usually small binary units.

The module itself contains the cables necessary to construct the network.
  • Data [Fluid Sensor] (yatm_data_fluid_sensor)
    Spoiler
    State: WIP (data network isn't finished)

Inspiration: IRL level sensors

Fluid Sensor provides a node that can monitor the 'level' of an adjacent fluid interface node (see fluids for more details)
  • Decoration (yatm_decor)
    Spoiler

Inspiration: Misc. It contains blocks that serve no other purpose than just decorations

Decorations, various nodes that serve no other purpose.
  • Drones (yatm_drones)
    Spoiler
    State: WIP (drones work though, but they're buggy)

Inspiration: Roomba

Adds a drone.

Would have been plural if I had the patience to learn blender properly.

With that aside, drones will wander around, and pick up fallen items.

They can also then dropoff those items at a dropoff station.
  • DSCS - Digital Storage Crafting System (yatm_dscs)
    Spoiler

Inspiration: AE2 - Applied Energistics

I fell in love with AE2 the few times I got to play with it, the idea of storing all your items in digital world (wait, the game is digital, so it's more of digi-digi)

As such, DSCS is my attempt to capture the storage and crafting aspects of that.

As such it operates on a device cluster.
  • Energy Storage (yatm_energy_storage)
    Spoiler

Finally split off from yatm_machines, energy storage contains the battery bank and energy cell nodes.

Battery banks can be used to supply energy to a device network, or to charge batteries for use in other things, such as drones.
  • Fluids (yatm_fluids)
    Spoiler
    State: Stable (API could do with a touch up)

Inspiration: A need for fluids

Before we begin, I looked at fluid_lib, and didn't like it, static definitions and exposing the fluid tank details, and the lack of directional interactions bothered me.

With that aside, fluids, adds, fluids to minetest, this module provides everything needed to work with YATM's fluid system.

Including default implementations of common fluid interfaces complete with callbacks.

If you have no idea what it looks like, look around in the mod for fluid_interface to get started.
  • Fluid [Pipes] (yatm_fluid_pipes)
    Spoiler

Inspiration: Any tech mod that added fluid transport pipes

Fluid Pipes adds Extractor, Inserter and Transporter fluid pipes to minetest, this works with the fluid interface as defined by Fluids.

These pipes extract, transport and insert fluids in the same transport network to other fluid interfaces.
  • Fluid [Pipe Valves] (yatm_fluid_pipe_valves)
    Spoiler

Inspiration: A need to stop fluid flow

Fluid Pipe Valves, adds 'valves' for stopping the flow of fluids in a fluid transport network.

It works currently by forcibly splitting the network apart.
  • Fluid [Teleporters] (yatm_fluid_teleporters)
    Spoiler

Inspiration: Too many pipes, need to send fluids somewhat far away.

Fluid Teleporters work with the Spacetime module to provide a way to 'teleport' fluids over long distances.

It works by providing a teleporter and receiver node, simply connect the appropriate Fluid pipe, grab an Address Tool and set both nodes to the same address, it should transfer.

Also don't forget it needs to be powered.
  • Foundry (yatm_foundry)
    Spoiler

Inspiration: Doom 2016's foundry level (the name anyway), Metallurgy

Foundry provides nodes for ore processing and metal forming.

Most nodes come in 2 flavours, electric and heated.

The electric nodes work with a energy cluster while the heated nodes, work with a thermal cluster.

They are functionally the same apart from that.

Also concrete, lots, and lots of concrete, a running joke is YATM should be called TMCM (Too Much Concrete Mod), at least by my brother
  • Frames (yatm_frames)
    Spoiler
    State: Stable? (I implemented this in a few hours)

Inspiration: Red Power 2 frames (once again, never tried them)

Maybe mesecon movestones did the same thing, I didn't know, sorry if I reinvented the wheel.

Frames provides nodes for moving other nodes using frame motors.

Operable by mesecons.
  • Item Shelves (yatm_item_shelves)
    Spoiler

Inspiration: Itemshelf by Zorman (hkzorman)

Rather than an inspiration, this is a complete rewrite of the inspiration, it also fits a few bugs
    I had with the original, and provides, in my opinion a better API for adding new shelves.

You can also do some crazy stuff like 4x4x4, if that's your thing.
  • Item Storage (yatm_item_storage)
    Spoiler
    State: Unstable (Not too keen on the API)

Inspiration: Mirror of fluid interface for items

Item Storage adds the item interface a mirror of the fluid interface, but for items.

It also adds a cardboard box that maintains it's inventory upon being broken.

The cardboard box also supports the item interface, so feel free to hook it up.
  • Items [Ducts] (yatm_item_ducts)
    Spoiler
    State: Unstable (due to the underlying interface)

Inspiration: Any mod that added item transport pipes (i.e. Buildcraft)

Item Ducts add inserter, extractor and transporter nodes for item transport.

Inserters take items from an extractor and places it in the adjacent nodes.
  • Items [Duct Valves] (yatm_item_duct_valves)
    Spoiler
    State: MIA

Inspiration: Same as with fluid valves

Item Duct Valves would add valves for breaking up item transport, but I never got around to actually implementing it, and keep forgetting to do so.
  • Items [Teleporters] (yatm_item_teleporters)
    Spoiler
    State: Unstable (due to the underlying interface)

Inspiration: See fluid teleporters

Item Teleporters transport items over long distances, the same jist as with the fluid teleporters.
  • Machines (yatm_machines)
    Spoiler
    State: Hodgepodge of WIP nodes

Inspiration: It's a kitchen sink, most of these nodes were created before the other modules were made (Buildcraft comes to mind for some)

Machines contains a mixture of different nodes, ranging from material processing to energy storage and generation.
  • Mail (yatm_mail)
    Spoiler

Inspiration: Forestry (minecraft mod), mailing in general

Mail adds a Mailbox, or Mailboxes if you count the variations.

You can get your mailbox either in wood or metal, along with an optional color strip around it.
  • Mesecon [Buttons] (yatm_mesecon_buttons)
    Spoiler

Inspiration: A feel for more buttons for mesecons

Mesecon Buttons, adds a new toggable button, it can be wall mounted or placed flat on the floor.

Maybe I'll add a momentary and pressure based one later, who knows.

Yes I am aware mesecon already has a button or lever depending on the mood your in.
  • Mesecon [Hubs] (yatm_mesecon_hubs)
    Spoiler

Inspiration: Wanted a few more control nodes for mesecons

Mesecon Hubs, adds a few new nodes, primarily the wireless receiver and emitter, and the flip-flop.

The hub and ele hub do nothing, not sure if I'll keep them around.
  • Mesecon [Locks] (yatm_mesecon_locks)
    Spoiler

Inspiration: After making the Mail module, I had plenty of 'keys' lying around and wanted to add other nodes that makes use of it

Mesecon Locks adds, a key operated lock that emits a mesecon signal when toggled.

In addition, it also includes access cards, card readers and card swipers which do similar things.

Card readers will take and keep a card to remain toggled, card swipers are a momentary signal.

Currently there are no restrictions on which access card can be used on the readers or swipers, that will be fixed later.
  • OKU - Octet Kompute Unit (yatm_oku)
    Spoiler
    State: Ultra WIP

Inspiration: Computer Craft (minecraft mod), my unhealthy obsession with trying to write cpu emulators...

OKU, or the Octet Kompute Unit is a mod that adds a computer, these computers can execute actual byte-code to perform various tasks, it communicates with other devices over the data network.

Upon completion, if I ever muster up enough energy to fix it up, it will provide cpus with different architectures and memory requirements.

For now the pool of available ISAs will be 6052 (8 bit), 8086 (16 bit) and RISCV-RV32I (32 bit)

And yes, you may notice a module in there to parse ELF binaries for riscv, I couldn't coerce my compiler to spit out actual riscv binary.

You can run simple programs in riscv, go ahead, check the tests for example.
  • Papercraft (yatm_papercraft)
    Spoiler

Inspiration: Paintings, Japanese paper doors, lamps etc...

Papercraft adds paper stuff, including cardboard.

But mostly, paintings!

Grab a painting canvas, place it in a 3x2, 2x3 or 3x4 plane and right click on it with the paintbrush.

Shoji nodes and materials will be added later.
  • Plastics (yatm_plastics)
    Spoiler

Currently adds a few decorative nodes.

Yep, that's it.
  • Rails (yatm_rails)
    Spoiler
    State: Very much WIP, is empty

Inspiration: Railcraft (minecraft mod)

Rails will add various locomotives and nodes for interacting with the data network, fluid transport, item transport and mesecons in regards to rails.

I intend to stick with the small default rails.
  • Reactions (yatm_reactions)
    Spoiler
    State: Old, overdue a review

Inspiration: Learning about ABMs, various side effects from nodes.

Freezing, melting, radioactivity, that's what this mod handles.

Also, spontaneous combustion when exposed to air.
  • Reactors (yatm_reactors)
    Spoiler

Inspiration: Big Reactors (minecraft mod), Nuclear reactors in general

NOTE: it's not meant to be scientifically accurate, but if you feel I can improve it in some way, let me know!

Reactors intends to add a nuclear reactor for producing heat, energy and radioactive materials.

It can be controlled by the data network, and can emit mesecon signal on various events.

But most of that isn't implemented yet, I just have the ideas.
  • Refinery (yatm_refinery)
    Spoiler
    State: Stable-ish (I still find odd ways to break it)

Inspiration: Factorio (game), Buildcraft (minecraft mod)

Refinery adds various nodes for handling crude oil and fluids.
  • Solar Energy (yatm_solar_energy)
    Spoiler
    State: Stable-ish (I rarely ever fix it up, so it's kind of old at this point)

Inspiration: Solar energy systems

Adds solar panels which produce energy.
  • Spacetime (yatm_spacetime)
    Spoiler
    State: Stable-ish (teleporters are pretty sometime-ish)

Inspiration: Fast travel, need to move on different floors in my dreaded test lab.

Spacetime adds the spacetime cluster/network and entity teleporters.
  • Woodcraft (yatm_woodcraft)
    Spoiler
    State: WIP (I just revisted the module)

Inspiration: Carpentry

Woodcraft would add the Sawmill, various planks and wooden fixtures and materials.

Should have added the sawmill, but I haven't gotten around to doing the textures or the nodebox.

For shame too, its one of the first nodes I designed in my sketchpad!
Screenshots
Spoiler

A rather messily made mesecons circuit for a large frame motor door.

Above is a combination of wireless emitter and receivers, along with flip flops.

It's messy, I was prototyping it in a small space.
Spoiler

My brother about to be crushed by the frame door.

We're in creative, he'll be fine.

I think...
Spoiler

The door opening.
Spoiler

The door after installing the new card swiper and replacing both independent circuits with wireless emitters.
Spoiler

The door, closed.
Spoiler

A cluster of combustion engines.

The red blocks below are energy cells, different coloured cables and pipes will not connect with each other.

It also helps to color code what material/fluid is going in them.
Spoiler

A test setup of the DSCS system, granted nothing works at the moment apart from the energy and device cluster logic.
Spoiler

A simple test of the flip-flop, it was dastardly buggy before.

Like how does one manage to get a flip-flop stuck in a loop!
Spoiler

It may be creative mode, but we still needed a lot of building material and fuel for various equipment (digtron tunnel construction, see the door above)
Spoiler

Some machines, most don't work as intended yet, but they at least power up, so that's a plus!
Spoiler

A test reactor, it's only for show at the moment, it doesn't have any fuel or even produces energy yet.

But soon it will, and we will have accidents...
Spoiler

A rather messy setup to refine crude oil into heavy oil and light fuel for the combustion engines.

Blue pipes are the return line from the distillation units in the corner.

Black pipes carry crude oil or vapourized crude oil, depending on what side of the vapourizers it's on.

Yellow pipes carry light oil.

Orange pipes carry heavy oil.

That orange column on the left is a thermal duct meant for sharing heat.
Spoiler

A bunch of solar panels, they don't really power anything, but a few energy cells are attached to the tower below it.
License

Apache 2.0

There aren't any trademarks so to speak of, an MIT would have worked for me.

If you have any problems with the licensing I will be more than happy to change to MIT.

Bug reporting

If you have a github account, please submit all bug reports to the bug tracker.

This isn't only because I'm more active on github, but it also allows others to see what bugs have been recently fixed.

Mod Comptability

If you have a favourite mod that you want YATM to be compatible with let me know, I'll look into it.

For now I use mesecons, and digtron (I intend to extend this later)

Contributions

I'm open to any form of contributions, be it audio, images, screenshots, new paintings, code, ideas.

Q & A

Reserved for any potential FAQ.

Loose TODO (I may take forever to get around to it)
  • Computers that actual compute, also solve ingame compilation of assembly source (possibly with a C extension loaded via FFI)
  • Actual reactor logic
  • DSCS import and export interfaces, just the whole module in general
  • Figure out why the distillation units randomly stop working sometimes.
  • A mountain of other things to fix...
  • Crafting Recipes
Last edited by IceDragon200 on Mon Nov 18, 2019 05:24, edited 3 times in total.

BuckarooBanzay
GitHub: BuckarooBanzay
IRC: BuckarooBanzai
In-game: BuckarooBanzai

Re: [mod] YATM (Yet Another Tech Mod)

by BuckarooBanzay » Post

IceDragon200 wrote: I gave up on Java and turned to minetest.
Welcome to the club :)

This looks awesome...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Not active here anymore, contact me on the minetest discord, irc, lemmy or github (for programming issues)

durtective6
In-game: derplez or BlockFrog

by durtective6 » Post

Is there a specific way to install this and/or any dependencies? I keep getting this when loading it:

2019-11-04 21:46:12: ERROR[Main]: ModError: Failed to load and run script from C:\Users\User\Desktop\minetest-5.0.1-win64(1)\minetest-5.0.1-win64\bin\..\mods\mt-yatm\yatm_core\init.lua:
2019-11-04 21:46:12: ERROR[Main]: ...0.1-win64\bin\..\mods\mt-yatm\yatm_core/util/bin_buf.lua:4: assertion failed!
2019-11-04 21:46:12: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2019-11-04 21:46:12: ERROR[Main]: 	[C]: in function 'assert'
2019-11-04 21:46:12: ERROR[Main]: 	...0.1-win64\bin\..\mods\mt-yatm\yatm_core/util/bin_buf.lua:4: in main chunk
2019-11-04 21:46:12: ERROR[Main]: 	[C]: in function 'dofile'
2019-11-04 21:46:12: ERROR[Main]: 	...etest-5.0.1-win64\bin\..\mods\mt-yatm\yatm_core/util.lua:19: in main chunk
2019-11-04 21:46:12: ERROR[Main]: 	[C]: in function 'dofile'
2019-11-04 21:46:12: ERROR[Main]: 	...etest-5.0.1-win64\bin\..\mods\mt-yatm\yatm_core\init.lua:23: in main chunk
2019-11-04 21:46:12: ERROR[Main]: Check debug.txt for details.
Otherwise, this is a very promising looking mod. I love the art.
I'm still here, last time I checked at least.

IceDragon200

by IceDragon200 » Post

durtective6: That assertion error, is due to missing ffi, I'll improve the error message and add a fallback in cases where I can.

You'll need a luajit minetest build, and add `yatm_core` to the trusted_mods list.

Thanks for giving it a try

durtective6

by durtective6 » Post

I downloaded sfan5's LuaJIT build (minetest-5.2.0-f2e6229), installed the mod and tried to run it but got the same error, the error message works however:

2019-11-05 21:15:44: [Main]: Automatically selecting world at [C:\Users\User\Downloads\minetest-5.2.0-f2e6229-win64\bin\..\worlds\yatm]
2019-11-05 21:15:47: ERROR[Main]: ModError: Failed to load and run script from C:\Users\Jake\Downloads\minetest-5.2.0-f2e6229-win64\bin\..\mods\mt-yatm\yatm_core\init.lua:
2019-11-05 21:15:47: ERROR[Main]: ...0-f2e6229-win64\bin\..\mods\mt-yatm\yatm_core/errors.lua:7: ERROR: yatm_core.BinaryBuffer is unavailable as it requires LuaJIT's FFI module
2019-11-05 21:15:47: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2019-11-05 21:15:47: ERROR[Main]: 	[C]: in function 'error'
2019-11-05 21:15:47: ERROR[Main]: 	...0-f2e6229-win64\bin\..\mods\mt-yatm\yatm_core/errors.lua:7: in function 'error'
2019-11-05 21:15:47: ERROR[Main]: 	...229-win64\bin\..\mods\mt-yatm\yatm_core/util/bin_buf.lua:5: in main chunk
2019-11-05 21:15:47: ERROR[Main]: 	[C]: in function 'dofile'
2019-11-05 21:15:47: ERROR[Main]: 	...2.0-f2e6229-win64\bin\..\mods\mt-yatm\yatm_core/util.lua:19: in main chunk
2019-11-05 21:15:47: ERROR[Main]: 	[C]: in function 'dofile'
2019-11-05 21:15:47: ERROR[Main]: 	...2.0-f2e6229-win64\bin\..\mods\mt-yatm\yatm_core\init.lua:26: in main chunk
2019-11-05 21:15:47: ERROR[Main]: Check debug.txt for details.
2019-11-05 21:15:47: ACTION[Main]: Server: Shutting down

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

by texmex » Post

I also got a crash when testing but judging from the screenshots this is HUGE work being done AND it’s aesthetically pleasing. Your work is very welcome.

IceDragon200

by IceDragon200 » Post

durtective6: Okay I've tried it on windows, though I was using a cross build, it should be possible to load ffi and bit there, be sure to add yatm_core AND yatm_oku to your trusted mods list.

texmex: I really think I bit off more than I can chew at this point, but it's fun so far, one of the key things I wanted was to make sure it looks really good, also for your crash you can try the above, if it doesn't work, you can check the main post, I added a new note.

If it still causes crashes I'll have the modules fail softly by default, since it logs an error now using minetest.log instead of print.

Let me know if you have any more issues

durtective6

by durtective6 » Post

After adding the two trusted mods (and deleting yatm_spacetime as it was pointing to a missing file) the mod loads, also on the release builds of the game. Just from playing around for a few minutes I haven't had any crashes just yet.

IceDragon200

by IceDragon200 » Post

So a few updates, I've finally updated yatm.icedragon.space, so you can head over there to check out the new webpage, it's still incomplete but it gives an idea of the design I'm heading for.

In addition the woodcraft module has been updated, the sawmill has been implemented!

You can check out the update here https://yatm.icedragon.space/posts/2019 ... ft-update/

Here are the screenshots for quick reference
Spoiler
There were a few other changes, but I don't think they're worth mentioning yet, since the mechanics they affected aren't complete.

But for those interested, the Compactor now works, the Freezer also works, but doesn't have any active freezing recipes, the Condenser should work now, but as with the Freezer it doesn't have any recipes so to speak.

Sidenote, does anyone know a good way to render nodes to png files for documentation? (Something like NEI's renderer from minecraft)

IceDragon200

by IceDragon200 » Post

Hello, here with another update, or rather a few updates.

Since the woodcraft update, I've been poking at various modules touching them up!

First on the list is yatm mail, packages have finally been added with a texture, they aren't fully implemented, but it's a start!

https://yatm.icedragon.space/posts/2019 ... _packages/

Screenshot
Spoiler
Next on the list, after playing around for a bit, I had the idea of a simple drone that would pick up fallen items, thus giving birth to the new YATM Drones mod, it's only one drone at the moment.

https://yatm.icedragon.space/posts/2019/11/16/drones/

Screenshot
Spoiler
Next, a simple update to the bees module, I've added the honey comb textures and a bee hive node.

https://yatm.icedragon.space/posts/2019/11/17/bees/

New decorative nodes!

In the form of plastic blocks

https://yatm.icedragon.space/posts/2019 ... new_decor/

Screenshot
Spoiler
Finally, Energy Cells and the Battery Bank have been split from yatm_machines into it's own mod, yatm_energy_storage.

In addition batteries have been moved, changed to tools, and actually work now.

https://yatm.icedragon.space/posts/2019 ... y_storage/

Screenshots
Spoiler
There were a few other bugfixes and tweaks, but nothing noteworthy here.

I wish everyone a good day.

IceDragon200

by IceDragon200 » Post

Another update, made quite a few internal changes, and added a flew or new features

No screenshots this time around, I'll find time to add some.

The latest post https://yatm.icedragon.space/posts/2019 ... ta-update/ should cover everything new

But a quick summary:

The Locksmith table, keys and locks have been moved to a new mod YATM Security.
Access Cards have also been moved, Access Chips were added as the 'lock' equivalent for Access Cards, these can be programmed using the Programmer's Table and installed using the Locksmith Table with 'Chip Installation'.

Papercraft gained Shoji Panels.

Drones now have upgrades.

Various data modules have either been modified, or new ones added.

A mesecon sequencer utility node has been added.

Isja Krass
In-game: init.lua

by Isja Krass » Post

error.png
error.png (16.38 KiB) Viewed 3009 times
Nice mod!
Ithink its one of the best mods in the whole forum.
The textures, the moddels, the code... everything is perfect.
Respect!

But one problem:
i updatet to minetest 0.4.16 and the mod stopped to work:
Spoiler
Minetest: v0.4.16
system: Windows 10

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

Isja Krass wrote:i updatet to minetest 0.4.16 and the mod stopped to work:
Update again, but to 5.1.1 or 5.2.0-dev.
0.4.16 is soon three years old.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Isja Krass
In-game: init.lua

by Isja Krass » Post

Krock wrote: Update again, but to 5.1.1 or 5.2.0-dev.
0.4.16 is soon three years old.
Same problem as before. But the error displays more detais.
Spoiler
error.png
error.png (59.78 KiB) Viewed 3009 times

IceDragon200

by IceDragon200 » Post

As I stated in the top post you need a LuaJIT build of minetest AND you must add yatm_core and yatm_oku to your trusted mods list

Opons
IRC: Opons
In-game: Opons

by Opons » Post

Is this still being worked on?
yes

IceDragon200

by IceDragon200 » Post

Opons wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 02:48
Yes, but not actively, I'll touch up the code every once in awhile I haven't had the time to really sit down and work on it.

c56
GitHub: tigercoding56
In-game: bm5 or bemo5 also sell_her_on55

by c56 » Post

IceDragon200 wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 13:11
Opons wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 02:48
Yes, but not actively, I'll touch up the code every once in awhile I haven't had the time to really sit down and work on it.
ok . as long as it runs on the latest minetest version it is fine for me
this is a signature not a place to post messages also if i could change my username i would change it to sell_her_on55

c56
GitHub: tigercoding56
In-game: bm5 or bemo5 also sell_her_on55

by c56 » Post

yatm does not work on minetest game for me (i have been trying to get it to work but cannot because i keep finding dig_class errors )

also i do not like the dependency on quite a large chunk of the nokore modpack (im trying to just install the mods of it that are absolutely needed ) given that nowhere is it mentioned that it depends on it (in the readme file). so maybe a documentation update is needed
this is a signature not a place to post messages also if i could change my username i would change it to sell_her_on55