[Modpack] more (adv)trains [moretrains] [WIP]

W3RQ01
GitHub: W3RQ01
In-game: Dario23 or W3RQ01

Re: [Modpack] more (adv)trains [moretrains] [WIP]

by W3RQ01 » Post

Yeah i know, but i see that all the diesel locomotives are for freight trains, i ask if is possible to create a diesel locomotive for passengers like the P40 amtrak and the passengers wagon of the mod is for old trains but btw really nice work
+1
OneUnitedPower

W3RQ01

by W3RQ01 » Post

and then someone can say to me other mods for minetest that regards trains? (obviosly advtrains, jre e231, tflms7 and moretrains i have it)
OneUnitedPower

Maverick2797
In-game: Maverick2797

by Maverick2797 » Post

W3RQ01 wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:25
and then someone can say to me other mods for minetest that regards trains? (obviosly advtrains, jre e231, tflms7 and moretrains i have it)
A catalogue of rolling-stock expansion mods has been added/started on the advtrains wiki here
The number you have called is not available during a solar eclipse. This message will self destruct in ten seconds in protest... [BEEP]

W3RQ01

by W3RQ01 » Post

Hi, i see the new update of moretrains: really good job but there is a bag: when i go into the driver's cab of the silberling, i go on the roof of the train and it doesn't move
OneUnitedPower

Maverick2797

by Maverick2797 » Post

W3RQ01 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 17:15
Hi, i see the new update of moretrains: really good job but there is a bag: when i go into the driver's cab of the silberling, i go on the roof of the train and it doesn't move
The PR by gpcf (commit 2ac602865b) disabled this for some reason. You can change "is_locomotive=false" to true to fix this. Can someone create an issue? I don't have a Notabug.org account
The number you have called is not available during a solar eclipse. This message will self destruct in ten seconds in protest... [BEEP]

W3RQ01

by W3RQ01 » Post

Ok, thanks
Maverick2797 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 23:07
<font style="vertical-align: inherit;"><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">[quote = W3RQ01 post_id = 385661 time = 1607620526 user_id = 28590] </font></font>
<font style="vertical-align: inherit;"><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">Salve, vedo il nuovo aggiornamento di moretrains: ottimo lavoro ma c'è una borsa: quando entro nella cabina di guida della silberling, vado sul tetto della il treno e non si muove </font></font>
<font style="vertical-align: inherit;"><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">[/ quote] </font></font>

<font style="vertical-align: inherit;"><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">Il PR di gpcf (commit 2ac602865b) lo ha disabilitato per qualche motivo. </font><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">Puoi cambiare "is_locomotive = false" in true per risolvere il problema. </font><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">Qualcuno può creare un problema? </font><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">Non ho un account Notabug.org</font></font>
OneUnitedPower

Maverick2797

by Maverick2797 » Post

Maverick2797 wrote:
W3RQ01 wrote:
The PR by gpcf (commit 2ac602865b) disabled this for some reason. You can change "is_locomotive=false" to true to fix this. Can someone create an issue? I don't have a Notabug.org account
Clarification: I spoke to gpcf a few days ago who clarified that the Silberling doesn't actually have a locomotive, rather an unpowered control car. The driver's HUD is only for aesthetics and not actually useable.

Maverick2797

by Maverick2797 » Post

Slightly offtopic: ok which moron registered a Maverick2797 account the day I mentioned I didn't have a notabug account. Not cool.

Edit: <-- this moron completely blanked out registering an account. False alarm. Go on with your day :P

W3RQ01

by W3RQ01 » Post

Maverick2797 wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 03:09
Maverick2797 wrote:
W3RQ01 wrote:
Clarification: I spoke to gpcf a few days ago who clarified that the Silberling doesn't actually have a locomotive, rather an unpowered control car. The driver's HUD is only for aesthetics and not actually useable.
ok, so what i have to change in the files of the mod? because i want that the driver's cab of silberling can be a "locomotive"
OneUnitedPower

Maverick2797

by Maverick2797 » Post

moretrains_basic/init.lua:251-->change to is_locomotive=true,

W3RQ01

by W3RQ01 » Post

Hi, a question:
When new trains will be released, is possible to add the possibility to change the livery with the bike painter like in the jre e231?
OneUnitedPower

Maverick2797

by Maverick2797 » Post

W3RQ01 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 08:45
Hi, a question:
When new trains will be released, is possible to add the possibility to change the livery with the bike painter like in the jre e231?
AFAIK the livery feature is still in development and is experimental. Hopefully in the future there will be a built-in tool or track section that does what the bike painter is currently being used to do, removing the need for a semi-unrelated mod. Applying and changing the livery requires a few functions not yet incorporated into the main advtrains mod, being exclusive to the JRE E231 mod. Of course these could also be ported into other trains too, it just takes a bit more coding to set it up.

gpcf
GitHub: gpcf
In-game: gabriel

by gpcf » Post

I'm working on dynamic textures for the gondola cars, depending on their contents.

W3RQ01

by W3RQ01 » Post

gpcf wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 15:30
I'm working on dynamic textures for the gondola cars, depending on their contents.
I tried it, works really good
OneUnitedPower

Maverick2797

by Maverick2797 » Post

One thing to remember is that the textures can't be changed while the wagon is in a loaded area. If you leave the area for a few seconds to give the wagon time to become unloaded it will change texture to the item in the first inv slot if that is a full block item (eg cobble, gravel, dirt, bricks.)
Really good work gpcf! Makes a busy yard look lively.

Maverick2797

by Maverick2797 » Post

*pokes thread*
Just checking to see if rubberduck is still working on moretrains... there's been a few PR's on the notabug for a few months than probably need addressing... gpcf did a great job making the gondolas display the contents of the first inventory slot, and passengers currently can't ride in the Silberling control car

loppi
In-game: loppi Lolstadt

by loppi » Post

oh,yeah,its my favourite mod-mod XD. i really like the german diesel,its just like home. but,hmm,im really sad about it has no sound.
edit: second question: is it possible to make the steam train without cow catcher? i only make european railways,thats because.
"ich liebe industrie!" And yes, its a Russian Bulldozer 😁

T6C
In-game: T6C

by T6C » Post

This mod isn't in the "online content" section in the game's main menu. Is that because this is a WIP mod?

loppi

by loppi » Post

i think yes. or because its an add on for another mod like "retro computers pack" for the "PC" mod.
but,this one is on in game too.... :-/

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

Yes I've noticed the absence of this modpack on ContentDB before. I would upload it but I feel like it would be disrespectful to rubberduck to upload his mod under my name on there. Perhaps if he remains/is uncontactable for a longer period. In the meantime, I can recommend gpcf's fork on NotABug. We actively develop and maintain moretrains on LinuxForks server.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

loppi

by loppi » Post

oh my god i thought this is the latest version of moretrains! :o

wsor4035
GitHub: wsor4035
IRC: wsor
In-game: wsor

by wsor4035 » Post

Blockhead wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 00:38
Yes I've noticed the absence of this modpack on ContentDB before. I would upload it but I feel like it would be disrespectful to rubberduck to upload his mod under my name on there. Perhaps if he remains/is uncontactable for a longer period. In the meantime, I can recommend gpcf's fork on NotABug. We actively develop and maintain moretrains on LinuxForks server.
contentdb staff can upload it if needed. otherwise if someone wants to upload a fork they can under https://content.minetest.net/policy_and_guidance/ section 3.2
j5uBLfc6NxgersvVj5D5dIsiKDkoQb0o