A add-on that allows certain users to create and design custom dungeon crawl levels using a powerful GUI-based editor, making a dynamic in-game Dungeon Crawl game mode a reality!
Greetings Minetest Community!
Are you Thinking about:
- Creating a Dungeon Crawl game mode for your minetest game or server?
- Making a RPG minetest game or server?
- Enhancing your PvE experience while playing Minetest?
Let's begin with how to make a Dungeon Level using this Editor:
1) To start this off, a dungeon level designer must have a privilege called dungeon_master in order to gain access to the editor and it's features.
To view the editor's main menu, type the command /dungeon_editor.
2) To create a Dungeon, press the Create a New Dungeon button. then fill in the following information and apply the changes.
3) To add a Checkpoint for a dungeon, go to Edit Dungeon, then go to Edit Checkpoints (This menu will be extend with additional options soon as "adding a dungeon checkpoint" is currently the only option for that category at the moment), then fill in the following information and apply the changes.
NOTE: For the NPC field, type the NPC entity name, so if you were using mobs, you can type down mobs:<mob name>. If you want to add more enemies to the checkpoint's spawning pool. add commas so you can add more NPCs to the spawning pool (example: "mobs:stone_monster, mobs:sand_monster, mobs:mese_monster").
4) To add a Boss Room for a dungeon, go to Edit Dungeon, then go to Edit Boss Rooms (This menu will be extend with additional options soon as "adding a dungeon boss room" is currently the only option for that category at the moment), then fill in the following information and apply the changes.
NOTE: At the moment you can only select 1 Boss NPC for each boss room, the dropdown will show a list containing existing registered npc entities with the name convention of "mobs:<mob name>" or "npcs:<mob name>" who's property type equals "boss".
And now for the fun part, Deploying configurable dungeon dynamic controllers! :D
5) To Deploy a Dungeon Gate you need to give yourself a Dungeon Gate Deployer item. While holding on to the deployer Item, punch a selected node and a form would pop up. once the form pops up, select the dungeon for this gate and press the Deploy button.
NOTE: Dungeon gates are needed for players to be able to enter a dungeon level. without one, a dungeon level will never activate as it requires a dungeon group to activate the Checkpoints and Boss Room controllers.
6) To Deploy a Dungeon Checkpoint you need to give yourself a Dungeon Checkpoint Deployer item. While holding on to the deployer Item, punch a selected node and a form would pop up. once the form pops up, select the dungeon for this gate, it's checkpoint, the controller's zone's size (it's scaled by radius, scale of 20 should suffice). Then press the Deploy button.
NOTE: Same thing goes with deploying boss room controllers. Also Dungeon Controllers can be toggled as hidden if you wish to hide these controllers from players that entered a dungeon.
To reconfigure dungeon controllers, when revealed. right click the controller to open it's configuration menu which you can edit it's values from there or simply remove the controller.
Also not to worry for those who can't see during the night, controllers can glow in the dark. :)
To design a dungeon level just build the level somewhere in-game and use the dynamic controllers so the dungeon can work accordingly to what you have built, you are free to go wild with your creative mind! :D
NOTE: More information will be posted soon as this add-on is still in development. If there are any further changes with this add-on, I will make sure to keep you guys posted!
A demonstration on how Dungeon progression works using this add-on
Recommended Mods for this Add-on (For Dynamic Mob/NPC entity Spawning):
- Simple Mobs - By: PilzAdam (viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3063)
- Mobs Redo - By: TenPlus1 (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9917)
- Open AI - By: Jordan4Ibanez (https://github.com/jordan4ibanez/open_ai)
- Source Code: GPLv3
- Textures and Model: CC BY-NC-ND 3.0 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by ... /legalcode
Download Link: Coming Soon!
If you have any suggestions, feel free to reply and share some of your thoughts in this forum topic.