[Mod] Medical System/API [medical]

sparky
GitHub: Elkien3
IRC: ircSparky
In-game: sparky

[Mod] Medical System/API [medical]

by sparky » Post

A very new project for me, medical simulation. plan is to have an api for injuries that are linearly treated, as well as for vital sign management which is more of a nonlinear balancing act to try to achieve homeostasis.
I'm a newly certified EMT, so i have some knowledge, but little experience.

Open tib-fib fracture test screenshot:

README.md (updated 4/11/20):

Code: Select all

Note: features are subject to change. This mod is WIP and may not be useable in it's current state. Intructions on use will come further in development.

Planned features:

injury types: cuts, fractures, punctures, burns, bruises

complications (injuries brought on from other injuries): obstructed airway, heart stopped, breathing stopped

Injuries are treated linearly, but can have steps removed in they arent applicable.

vitals: temperature, blood pressure/volume, oxygen, pulse, respiratory rate

signs: color, injuries, level of alertness.

symptoms: cold, dizzy, pain, immobility

tools: blood pressure cuff, stethoscope, pulse oximeter, suction, AED, OPA and NPA, BVM, non-rebreather mask, oxygen tank, dressing, saline, c-collar, gloves, splint, triangle bandage, tourniquet, blanket, trauma shears, stopwatch/clock, blood bag, vital monitor, ventilator, oxygen concentrator

perfusion rate is calculated based off breaths per minute, oxygen content of breaths taken, blood volume, and heart rate. also hunger and thirst, if applicable.
as the perfusion rate lowers, the patient will (in chronological order) get dizzy, pale, cold, confused, unconscious, stop breathing and pumping blood, and shortly after die.
perfusion will rapidly decrease if patient stops breathing due to drowning or suffocation.
perfusion will rapidly decrease if patient looses a lot of blood.
if patient has no nutrients (food) or no water, perfusion cannot take place.
patient can also can be dizzy, confused, or unconscious due to blunt force trauma, especially to the head.

oxygen tanks will be able to be attached to bvms, non-rebreathers, and oxygen concentrator machines.
bags can be filled with saline (sterile water and salt) or blood from a donor. they can then be placed above the patient and given to the patient by gravity.
dressings can be used to clean, apply pressure, and bandage a wound. a tourniquet may be needed to stop major bleeding.
blankets can be placed on a patient to lower heat loss.
blood pressure cuff and stethoscope is used to attain a blood pressure.
areobic activity (running, jumping, swimming) will increase pulse and respiratory rate. but also has increased need for perfusion.
BVMing too quickly or with too much volume can cause the patient to vomit and cause an airway obstruction.

need a very flexible api for injuries. would need to allow for special tools, vital sign changes, conditions that cause them, signs and symptoms they show, and be able to omit certain steps if needed.
would also need an api for vital sign management tools.
Github: https://github.com/Elkien3/medical

If you are interested in helping with this project feel free to let me know.

Adnunano

Re: [Mod] Medical System/API [medical]

by Adnunano » Post

I think in the future,this mod will be added to minetest game.
NfAPhpmGaVphBjK8NIr9Mit5xNW2emD2

sparky
GitHub: Elkien3
IRC: ircSparky
In-game: sparky

by sparky » Post

happy you think so, but I think this is too specialized/specific for default game. not really the goal anyways

FreeGamers
GitHub: is proprietary I use NotABug

by FreeGamers » Post

Could be interesting for survival?
FreeGamers.org has moved to MeseCraft.net | FreeGamers on this forum is now MeseCraft

FrostRanger
GitHub: WulftheNordicRanger
IRC: FrostRanger FrostRanger[m]
In-game: FrostRanger FrostStar
Location: In the untamed wilderness of wherever I happen to be dimension hopping this time...

by FrostRanger » Post

Keeping an eye on this mod in hopes of using it on my server :p
Sole ranger and ruler of the frozen realms of Cabin Fever and seeker of the ever elusive Dungeon Master...