[Modpack] Regional Weather Bundle [climate] [1.2.1]

TestificateMods
GitHub: t-affeldt
In-game: Testificate

Re: [Modpack] Regional Weather Bundle [climate] [1.0.1]

by TestificateMods » Post

I have now updated the mods and the modpack to include fixes for all of your reported bugs. I have also nerfed the movement penalty caused by the wind.

shazen

Re: [Modpack] Regional Weather Bundle [climate] [1.0.1]

by shazen » Post

Hi, i tried your mod but got a fatal error :/

Code: Select all

ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: environment_Step: Runtime error from mod 'climate_api' in callback environment_Step(): .../climate/climate_api/lib/trigger.lua:27: attempt to index local 'env' (a nil value)
2020-05-17 16:43:50: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2020-05-17 16:43:50: ERROR[Main]: 	.../climate/climate_api/lib/trigger.lua:27: in function 'test_condition'
2020-05-17 16:43:50: ERROR[Main]: 	.../climate/climate_api/lib/trigger.lua:53: in function 'is_weather_active'
2020-05-17 16:43:50: ERROR[Main]: 	.../climate/climate_api/lib/trigger.lua:93: in function 'get_active_effects'
2020-05-17 16:43:50: ERROR[Main]: 	.../climate/climate_api/lib/main.lua:38: in function <.../climate/climate_api/lib/main.lua:15>
2020-05-17 16:43:50: ERROR[Main]: 	.../minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:429: in function <.../minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:413>

TestificateMods

Re: [Modpack] Regional Weather Bundle [climate] [1.0.2]

shazen wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 16:48
Hi, i tried your mod but got a fatal error :/
Hello. Thank you for your report. :) Good thing - I have happened to fix this bug this morning. I just uploaded the newest version to the ContentDB. It should hopefully work for you now.

shazen

by shazen » Post

Thanx a lot

Codesound

by Codesound » Post

+1!

I love this mod!!!

thanks.....

uwu666

by uwu666 » Post

this mod is just what my game was missing and it's very good, but... Is it normal for it to snow on the savannah or in the jungle? How can I disable the snow on certain biomes?
cdb_71b6f99a808c

Bastrabun

by Bastrabun » Post

I also have snow in the jungle, but that's because the values are off there. You can even check in this mod, WHY a certain weather occurs! In my case, I have a snow biome right next to a jungle and while there are jungle trees, the temperature is really low in that point.

I am using valleys as a mapgen with ethereal, no clue how v7 distributes biomes.
Whatever I say is CC0

TestificateMods

uwu666 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 07:41
this mod is just what my game was missing and it's very good, but... Is it normal for it to snow on the savannah or in the jungle? How can I disable the snow on certain biomes?
The weather presets are based on humidity and temperature instead of being biome-locked. This *can* happen if the wordgen decides to put a rain forest in colder spot than usual.
Unfortunately, there's no easy setting to change that. But if it bothers you, then you could add a whitelist of biomes to a specific preset. You'd need to navigate to the respective file (for snow this would be regional_weather/ca_weather/snow.lua and snow_heavy.lua) and add a biome condition. You can check the pollen.lua file for an example. It's really as easy as adding a list of acceptable biome names.
I will definitely test this a bit more myself and maybe I'll add a blacklist feature to disable snow in deserts completely.
Bastrabun wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 08:30
I also have snow in the jungle, but that's because the values are off there. You can even check in this mod, WHY a certain weather occurs! In my case, I have a snow biome right next to a jungle and while there are jungle trees, the temperature is really low in that point.

I am using valleys as a mapgen with ethereal, no clue how v7 distributes biomes.
Yes. Almost all weather presets are entirely dependent on temperature and humidity instead of biome names. I wanted to have rare instances of rain in a desert and also smooth transitions between biomes. Of course this means that it could also snow in a rain forest if it happens to be a very cold one.
shazen wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 13:05
Thanx a lot
You're welcome. Glad you enjoy my work!
Codesound wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 17:02
+1! I love this mod!!! thanks.....
Thank you for your support! :)

uwu666

by uwu666 » Post

TestificateMods wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 14:54
The weather presets are based on humidity and temperature instead of being biome-locked. This *can* happen if the wordgen decides to put a rain forest in colder spot than usual.
Unfortunately, there's no easy setting to change that. But if it bothers you, then you could add a whitelist of biomes to a specific preset. You'd need to navigate to the respective file (for snow this would be regional_weather/ca_weather/snow.lua and snow_heavy.lua) and add a biome condition. You can check the pollen.lua file for an example. It's really as easy as adding a list of acceptable biome names.
I will definitely test this a bit more myself and maybe I'll add a blacklist feature to disable snow in deserts completely.
I did what you said and it gave me the next error:

ModError: Failed to load and run script from /home/user/.minetest/mods/regional_weather/init.lua:
...ser/.minetest/mods/regional_weather/ca_weathers/snow.lua:10: '}' expected (to close '{' at line 3) near 'has_biome'
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'dofile'
	/home/user/.minetest/mods/regional_weather/init.lua:48: in main chunk
Check debug.txt for details.
and I have the snow.lua file as:

local conditions = {
	min_height = regional_weather.settings.min_height,
	max_height = regional_weather.settings.max_height,
	max_heat				= 35,
	min_humidity		= 50,
	max_humidity		= 65,
	daylight				= 15
	has_biome				= {
		"alpine",
		"snowy",
		"frost",
		"frost_ocean",
		"snowy_grassland",
		"snowy_grassland_ocean",
		"grassy",
		"grassy_ocean",
		"grassytwo",
		"grassytwo_ocean",
		"glacier",
		"glacier_ocean",
		"grayness",
		"grayness_ocean",
		"mountain",
		"tundra",
		"tundra_beach",
		"tundra_highland"
	}
}
cdb_71b6f99a808c

TestificateMods

uwu666 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 20:18
I did what you said and it gave me the next error

daylight	= 15
You have a syntax error. This line needs to be ended with a comma, like this daylight = 15,

uwu666

by uwu666 » Post

TestificateMods wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 15:57
uwu666 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 20:18
I did what you said and it gave me the next error

daylight	= 15
You have a syntax error. This line needs to be ended with a comma, like this daylight = 15,
Thank you, now it worked :)
cdb_71b6f99a808c

uwu666

by uwu666 » Post

I made the white list but the snow layer still appears
cdb_71b6f99a808c

TestificateMods

uwu666 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 22:46
I made the white list but the snow layer still appears
Ah, sorry. Yes, the snow layers are configurable separately. Go to regional_weather/abms/snow_cover.lua and you will find the same type of configuration at line 103.

ThorfinnS
GitHub: ThorfinnS

by ThorfinnS » Post

Is there a convenient way to pull all the changes from the git, too?

Neither git fetch --recursive nor git pull --recursive do the trick.

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

`--recurse-submodules=yes` in a git pull or `git submodules update` IIRC
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

uwu666

by uwu666 » Post

TestificateMods wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 01:16
Ah, sorry. Yes, the snow layers are configurable separately. Go to regional_weather/abms/snow_cover.lua and you will find the same type of configuration at line 103.
cdb_71b6f99a808c

ThorfinnS
GitHub: ThorfinnS

by ThorfinnS » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 15:18
`--recurse-submodules=yes` in a git pull or `git submodules update` IIRC
Thanks!

Nordal
GitHub: Nordall

by Nordal » Post

After rainstorm in the mountains (IMO super realistic sound, particularly wind, impressive rainfall) at height 100 the environment was covered with puddles. No surprise, but they do not dry when the weather is fine. As I changed the settings to "puddles deactivated", I found the nodes with puddles converted into unknown nodes. How long does the puddles take to dry?

I will have to change max height to something over 120 'cause mountains I dwell in are snowy on top and until ca. 140 high. Do I have to take anything into account then? Above the clouds there is no weather, if I remember right. But the clouds are in buildings also, i.e. they billow through them.
CFS - still widely unknown

TestificateMods

Nordal wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 03:43
After rainstorm in the mountains (IMO super realistic sound, particularly wind, impressive rainfall) at height 100 the environment was covered with puddles. No surprise, but they do not dry when the weather is fine.
Yes, that is a bug that's currently happening. You could try to download the recent snapshot of Regional Weather from Github and see if that fixes things. I have made some adjustments but I'm not entirely sure whether I've fixed that or not. I am working on it, though.
As I changed the settings to "puddles deactivated", I found the nodes with puddles converted into unknown nodes.
Damn. That's a new one. It's intended to alias the puddles to air nodes if disabled. I'll have a look at it. Thank you.
I will have to change max height to something over 120 'cause mountains I dwell in are snowy on top and until ca. 140 high. Do I have to take anything into account then? Above the clouds there is no weather, if I remember right.
If you increase max height then you might want to consider increasing cloud height as well. But it really comes down to preference, not much that could go wrong here.
But the clouds are in buildings also, i.e. they billow through them.
Yeah, there's nothing I can do about that unfortunately. The engine only lets me set height, speed, color and that sort of stuff for the entire cloud layer. But the physics are out of my hands.

Nordal

by Nordal » Post

Yes, that is a bug that's currently happening. You could try to download the recent snapshot of Regional Weather from Github and see if that fixes things. I have made some adjustments but I'm not entirely sure whether I've fixed that or not. I am working on it, though.
Downloaded the snapshot, but the problem remains.

Animals from mobs_animals take the puddles as water. They jump to get off of it. Two horses even drowned! At this time puddles make a lot of trouble for me.
Damn. That's a new one. It's intended to alias the puddles to air nodes if disabled. I'll have a look at it. Thank you.
I confirm that the unknown nodes appear every time I disable puddles in the settings.
If you increase max height then you might want to consider increasing cloud height as well. But it really comes down to preference, not much that could go wrong here.
Changed to 140. Works.
But the clouds are in buildings also, i.e. they billow through them.
Yeah, there's nothing I can do about that unfortunately. The engine only lets me set height, speed, color and that sort of stuff for the entire cloud layer. But the physics are out of my hands.
Ah, ok. With higher clouds this unwanted effect is eliminated :)

The wind effect, that makes the palyer slow down, keeps on to affect moving even in caves. Tested it until depth of 200. Wind direction was obviously north. Everytime I turned to go north, player's speed slowed down significantly.

Nordal

by Nordal » Post

@TesificateMods, I have a presumption I maybe should have had earlier. I'm on the 5.3 dev branch. Usually I don't experience any disability of features but your mod handles a more sensible field.

TestificateMods

Nordal wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 23:29
Animals from mobs_animals take the puddles as water. They jump to get off of it. Two horses even drowned! At this time puddles make a lot of trouble for me.
You can deativate the setting "Make puddles hydrate farmland". The puddles are marked as water for this effect but I expected some compatibility issues from it. If you deactivate this setting in Regional Weather then you can still have the puddles but without the mobs_animals incompatibility issues you mentioned. If more people report this then I might change the default to disabled.
I confirm that the unknown nodes appear every time I disable puddles in the settings.
I currently don't have the time to investigate (because of work and I'm also moving right now) but I will fix this later.
The wind effect, that makes the palyer slow down, keeps on to affect moving even in caves. Tested it until depth of 200. Wind direction was obviously north. Everytime I turned to go north, player's speed slowed down significantly.
That's a very good point. I will need to make some tweaks to this as well. Thank you.

zwergnase

by zwergnase » Post

Hi, thanks for that awesome mod! (: I love how it adds to the atmosphere of the game.

But i am stuck with a config-problem/question, so it would be nice if someone can help. thx in advance!

How can i change the chance for rain/whatsoever-weather - in my world i am using a 24h day/night-cycle and the "immersion" gets bad if it rains nearly all 20 Minutes or so. I would prefer to configure it like: maximum 1-4 times of rain per one day/night-cycle.

is this possible? or something near to that?

freshreplicant
In-game: freshreplicant

by freshreplicant » Post

Hey TestificateMods, just have question regarding your bundling of mobkit in climate - I am having an issue where for some reason other mods that depend on mobkit (like Petz) do not seem to recognise that mobkit has been bundled with climate (and so should be running), but if I install mobkit as a separate mod, it tends to deactivate itself in favour of the one you included. If I manually toggle the stand-alone mobkit on, everything works, but I am wondering if there's a more graceful solution.

I am new to Minetest and modding, so it's very possible I overlooked something very basic! Thanks for your work on the mod anyhow, feels very immersive.

TestificateMods

zwergnase wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 16:29
How can i change the chance for rain/whatsoever-weather - in my world i am using a 24h day/night-cycle and the "immersion" gets bad if it rains nearly all 20 Minutes or so.
You can play around with the base humidity value in the config. If you decrease that then rain will happen less frequently. But other than that a simple switch in location also often works. Rain is dependent on local climate so moving into a less humid zone will reduce chances for rain.
freshreplicant wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 14:12
Hey TestificateMods, just have question regarding your bundling of mobkit in climate - I am having an issue where for some reason other mods that depend on mobkit (like Petz) do not seem to recognise that mobkit has been bundled with climate (and so should be running), but if I install mobkit as a separate mod, it tends to deactivate itself in favour of the one you included.
You can just go to your mods folder and delete mobkit from my bundle. It's the same version as installing it yourself.