[Mod] Tech Age [techage]

joe7575
GitHub: joe7575
In-game: JoSto wuffi

Re: [Mod] Tech Age [techage]

by joe7575 » Post

Ja, über das Gabelschlüssel Menü
Sent from my Commodore 64. Some of my Mods: Tech Age, TechPack, Hyperloop, Tower Crane, Lumberjack, vm16, Minecart, Signs Bot.

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

by Festus1965 » Post

joe7575 wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 05:30
Ja, über das Gabelschlüssel Menü
Boa, aus - Hand auf die Stirn schlagen,
nochmals Hand auf die Stirn - nachgelesen unter TA3 Tools Shift + Rechts-Klick

und damit
* TA3 Generator : Auswahl gesehen, geändert 40-60%
* TA4 Electrolyzer : Turnoff zu 60%
* TA4 Fuelcell : zu 60-80%
* TA4 Solar Inverter : no change, 80-100%
OK
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

debiankaios
IRC: debiankaios
In-game: debiankaios Nowe

by debiankaios » Post

Festus1965 wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 22:57
And so as the sources are limited (in real world, as special here in minetest with mtg, basic and techage),
I just open short https://www.volker-quaschning.de/datser ... ndex_e.php and have a look:
- Direct CO2 emissions from various fuels in relation to the primary energy content
Fuel : Emissions in g CO2/kWhPE
* wood : neutral (as/if replanted)
* coal : various 338 until 407
* gasoline : 263
* fuel oil : 266
* diesel : 266
* kerosine : 264
* gas : from 201 - 239
and fix to the fuel we have not so much (oil from leaves might be wood ?)
I would do this with the wood a bit other. If you burn wood it produce CO2(like in real too) but trees can used for reducing co2. Until the tree reaches a given age the CO2 which it reduce to oxygen increases, but after this age, it decreases age for age (every day?) in a exponential curve.
The best option i think would be, if every plant reduce oxygen and at trees not the trees but the leaves.

joe7575

by joe7575 » Post

If all CO2 sources are to be taken into account, this becomes very complex and computationally intensive.
The low hanging fruits are:
- Count all coal and oil products burned in techage furnaces and generators according to their energy content
- Count coal burned in the default furnaces (furnace code needs to be patched)

If wood is used in larger quantities as an energy source, one can assume that there is also an automated wood farm.
This is CO2 neutral.

But there is no defined end in the game, so you could say: CO2 consumption up to point X.

But when you define that goal, doesn't that lead to a completely different game?
Away from leisurely exploring, crafting, automating, building, up to a speedrun game?
Sent from my Commodore 64. Some of my Mods: Tech Age, TechPack, Hyperloop, Tower Crane, Lumberjack, vm16, Minecart, Signs Bot.

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

sure not speedrun,
but maybe a bit more thinking how to avoid - or what is the minimum of nodes I have to build to get as fast to CO2 free game ?

must not end the world, or end the players time - for the beginning would be just enough to be able to see own CO2 footprint

to much sources :
that why I pointes only to the main used ! items to burn from wood, maybe oil from leaves, charcoal, coal and oil with its products - to keep in mind, that there might be more in the future is just for the coding, to keep it prepared for easy enlargment

wood:
if counting a grown tree (that trunks) would be then interesting, if I store them (chest ? or better in old coalmine) to capture the CO2 inside, or use for a build - mean only count +CO2 if burned, count only -Co2 if grown (stand or chopped) and existing trunks!

with my solar at home, I even had another idea about a mod that offer exact ... parts of modern solar systems:
* OnGrid, OffGrid, Hybrid Inverter (with one KW KU first)
* standard Solarcells
* (extra) Batteries for OffGrid, Hybrid
* and a monitoring at the Inverter about: Solar in, Battery Capacity, Grid in, Out (to Grid or island)

nothing must, ... just ideas ... as I am working on that subject this days

QBSteve
In-game: QBSteve

by QBSteve » Post

Just wondering, how much of a performance impact does this mod have on the game?
Hello! I'm just some random person with an ancient 7 year old potato that is my laptop :)

joe7575

by joe7575 » Post

The performance impact is depending on the amount of players and the size of the machines built.
And it is difficult to measure.

I am running a small dual core i3-4170 server which can handle up to 15 players who use techage excessively.
Techage machines are only running, when a player is around (map block loaded), but techage comes with force load blocks to increase the number of loaded map blocks per player.
The default value of force load blocks per player is 20. This value can be configured to reduce the CPU load. On my server this is 24.

Another configurable limit to reduce the CPU load is techage_command_limit (Max. number of commands sent per minute).
All machines communicate with each other via commands. This limit allows to control machine size/speed, especially when nodes are moved/exchanged via controllers. On my server I use the default value.
However, I am not aware of any case where a player has complained about this limit.

What can be said in conclusion:
- Techage is very performance optimized and felt much better than other technology mods

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

QBSteve wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 02:36
Just wondering, how much of a performance impact does this mod have on the game?
I can guaranty you by data from my own server,
compare to pipeworks / technic it IS very LOW.

Last extract after a view days, up to 45 player techage in average just used 2.2% of all Minetest game and mods related CPU time.
Extract from 04.03.2023 :
* the leading one is at me player.api with is basic in game : 30.5 %
* followed by an chosen mod unified-inventory taking : 19.8 %
* and followed by default (part of mtg) with 6.6 %
* mod postool then takes 5 %, but allow optimal map block using builds
* mod mobs_fish has 3.8 % what depends on the spawn is build near and over water
* areas 3.6 %
* 3d_armor : 2.7 %
* xp_redo : 2.4 %
* techage : 2.2 %
mean teachage is is absolute NOT your concern in CPU time and lag !

Compare to former using pipeworks and technic on my server I lost more than 50% of lag compare to techage now.
Or pipeworks and technic was at my server always number 1 and 2 in CPU using, far before player_api - that can be used as reference.

in this Thread I collected some existing most used mod that you should avoid, if lag is a concern as of much player or low hardware speed !

Nik09
GitHub: Niklp09
IRC: Niklp
In-game: Niklp

by Nik09 » Post

The engine Profiler cannot record nodetimers and is therefore not very accurate. The actual load is well above 2.2%.
Try TurkeyMcMac's (RIP) jitprofiler https://github.com/TurkeyMcMac/jitprofiler

Festus1965

[Mod] Tech Age [techage] - lag impact

by Festus1965 » Post

Nik09 wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 18:12
The engine Profiler cannot record nodetimers and is therefore not very accurate. The actual load is well above 2.2%.
Try TurkeyMcMac's (RIP) jitprofiler https://github.com/TurkeyMcMac/jitprofiler
Interesting that you point out another mod, but are not posting any of your results with this profiler.
I don't mind if another profiler might 'see' more work and point out techage has 5%.
As long I can have over 40 player with still lag just at 0.5 s during most technic (+pipeworks) server has 0.5 s at already 10 player, I am still fine with techage.
Just visit some server with technic and techage, do /status and you understand fast what I mean. That is so clear, that you don't even to look /status or any profiler anyway.

One thing also is clear about techage : the player need some more IQ and patience than normal.
As user you need to read the board, to get it straight working and be able to visualize the plans.
Most player are used to technic and struggle with piller and melting pot tower, and seams to be too much work for them = techage server have less gamer. (My result after a good time looking it)

DarkSide
IRC: DarkSide
In-game: DarkSide

by DarkSide » Post

Frage.
Die Windkraft Anlagen zur Strom Gewinnung haben einen Mindestabstand?
Kann es sein pro Mapblock 1 Anlage? In der Anleitung habe ich leider nix gefunden dazu.
Auch nicht wie viele Node mindest Abstand.
Cya DarkSide <--- Be a light in the darkness --->

Festus1965

[Mod] Tech Age [techage]

by Festus1965 » Post

Windanlage Mindestabstand ?
Bei den Windkraft nicht bemerkt, aber ich achtete da bisher eher auf einen vollen Wasserblock und platzierte es mittig.
bin ja gespannt

joe7575

by joe7575 » Post

Mindestabstand ist 14, damit passen 4 Rotoren in einen Mapblock

Nik09

by Nik09 » Post

Interesting that you point out another mod, but are not posting any of your results with this profiler.
I don't mind if another profiler might 'see' more work and point out techage has 5%.
As long I can have over 40 player with still lag just at 0.5 s during most technic (+pipeworks) server has 0.5 s at already 10 player, I am still fine with techage.
Just visit some server with technic and techage, do /status and you understand fast what I mean. That is so clear, that you don't even to look /status or any profiler anyway.
I run a server myself with techage and yes, it is much faster than technic+pipeworks. Jitprofiler itself is just a tool that can start and stop the LuaJIT profiling engine and write these samples to a file. I can't upload profiles because I don't have access to my PC at the moment. (vacation)

Nik09

by Nik09 » Post

My server with this modpack https://github.com/Archtec-io/archtec-mods reaches a techage load of about 14% + 2% sings_bot

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

Nik09 wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 08:59
My server with this modpack https://github.com/Archtec-io/archtec-mods reaches a techage load of about 14% + 2% sings_bot
careful - just to 'show' the pure mod percentage is not helping at all.
You need to list also minimum 2 other basic, most in mtg included mods as a reference, as if you have another 'hard' mod like adv-trains or a animal mod running, the 'share' left of all CPU time in % of other mods is getting lower !
Festus1965 wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 00:42
Profiler extract from 04.03.2023 :
* player.api : 30.5 %
* unified-inventory : 19.8 %
* default (part of mtg) : 6.6 %
* areas : 3.6 %
* 3d_armor : 2.7 %
* techage : 2.2 %
player.api and default (with hard lava cooling ABM) are near basic everywhere,
or other like ui, armor and areas are also consuming just enough CPU time and give the 'right' meter to compare.
Or without ui = loosing near 20% of all 'work' to do, techage would automatic have a higher part in the rankling without ui = guessing 2.75% al player.api then might be near 38%. Never forget to mention comparable values.

On my servers case the difference between pipeworks+technic against techage is simple, as most other higher mods are the same: pipeworks+technic to together already ...
technic: : 42.8
pipeworks: : 22.0
wielded_light: : 4.8
mobs_monster: : 4.5
poshud: : 4.0
unified_inventory: : 3.9
default: : 1.4
areas: : 1.0
easy to see with an older profiler, where ui and default have similar factor 3 difference, and might have done the same work as now BUT as of CPU cooking mods technic + pipeworks their part is much smaller. So beside technic+pipeworks on that old system techage would just be a share of 0.44 % !!!
And THAT makes clear how low the impact of techage is.

BraveGrifter

by BraveGrifter » Post

Pardon my noobiesness. But may I ask, how does one acquire the first Iron bar needed to make the gravel seive?

Also, I tried to install with mobs redo and mobs api and ethereal, yet I have seen zero mobs and but 2 biomes really which were a ton of giant mushrooms and a ton of banana trees. Unlimited food really and no mobs to threaten me. Does one install over MineClone 2 or with mobs redo if I want the occasional monster to attack me like nighttime in Mc? Also, how would anyone compare this to NodeCore ?

debiankaios
IRC: debiankaios
In-game: debiankaios Nowe

by debiankaios » Post

BraveGrifter wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 07:34
Pardon my noobiesness. But may I ask, how does one acquire the first Iron bar needed to make the gravel seive?

Also, I tried to install with mobs redo and mobs api and ethereal, yet I have seen zero mobs and but 2 biomes really which were a ton of giant mushrooms and a ton of banana trees. Unlimited food really and no mobs to threaten me. Does one install over MineClone 2 or with mobs redo if I want the occasional monster to attack me like nighttime in Mc? Also, how would anyone compare this to NodeCore ?
By melting coal and steel in the blast furnace. But isn't this described in construction plans?

In my knowledge, mobs spawn(not caused by ta) really that rare. In Mineclone that is a bit other, there they spawn much more often then in mobs_redo-mods

Gorm

by Gorm » Post

Hello!
I have some other buckets not only the iron ones. Where do i have to register them to be able to fill eg the boiler from ta2?
Danke

Yours Gorm

joe7575

by joe7575 » Post

Gorm wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 14:31
Hello!
I have some other buckets not only the iron ones. Where do i have to register them to be able to fill eg the boiler from ta2?
This is currently not possible, but I will add a register API function for it.

Gorm

by Gorm » Post

Hello Joe!
That would be nice. I like your mod/game so much that i installed it on our server. My coadmin was a little bit against it fearing to much load/lag and so. But i played on your server and there is near to nothing with lag.
We changed some recipes from the metals as we also have some more, but that was easy. But i did not figured out how to do that with the buckets.

Yours Gorm

joe7575

by joe7575 » Post

The bucket feature request is implemented with [v1.15](https://github.com/joe7575/techage/tree ... 2b5accfd95)

Example:

Code: Select all

if minetest.global_exists("techage") and techage.version >= 1.15 then
	techage.register_liquid("bucket_wooden:bucket_water", "bucket_wooden:bucket_empty", 1, "techage:water")
end

Gorm

by Gorm » Post

Hello Joe!
Thanks! Your fast. :-)
Rest in german because its only related to the german techage.manual_DE.

Im techage.manual_DE sind einige Fehler enthalten. Ich gehe das ja gerade quasi live durch. Wie hättest du gerne die Korrekturen? Als Issue im github oder einfach als teilkorrigierte Datei oder sonst wie?

Yours Gorm

ps nur ein Beispiel.
orig:

"Baborium wird nur im Untertagebau gewonnen. Baborium findet man nur in Stein in einer Höhe zwischen -250 und -340 Meter.\n"..
korr:

"Barborium kann nur im Untertagebau gewonnen werden. Diesen Stoff findet man nur in einer Tiefe von -250 bis -340 Metern.\n"..

joe7575

by joe7575 » Post

Hallo Gorm,
wenn ich es mir aussuchen darf: Als github issue.
/Joe

BraveGrifter

by BraveGrifter » Post

I apologize for my nooby-ness but seriously how does one usually go about finding that very first piece of iron ore to even make a gravel sieve ?! Do I really have to dig way down to -150 and then some??