[MOD] New Horizons [1.2] (newhorizons)

Hi_World

[MOD] New Horizons [1.2] (newhorizons)

by Hi_World » Post

• Adds over 80 new and unique blocks,
  • Several animated blocks,
  • 4 new and exciting biomes.
This is a perfect mod for building and exploring!

(This mod was previously known as testmod, but thats a terrible name, now its NewHorizon)

Here are some images!

Spoiler
Spoiler

Whats New?

Pillars and spheres have been added
Spoiler

Details

Version: 1.2
License: MIT

Dependencies: default mod (found in minetest_game)

Report bugs or request help on the forum topic.

Installation

Find the files on github at:
https://github.com/HiNice2MeetU/-Minete ... estmod.git

For further information or help downlading the mod go to:
https://wiki.minetest.net/Installing_Mods

(Ps. Please tell me if i have messed up the files in any way in the forum, also please give me critcism, any way to improve the mod is welcome :) )

Awkanimus
GitHub: Awkanimus
In-game: Awkanimus

Re: [MOD] New Horizons [1.2] (newhorizons)

by Awkanimus » Post

Hello. Installed this mod and had some trouble with `newhorizons:WhiteWood`; seems it's in the group `wood` and not the group `tree` which stops it from being used in recipes from other mods.

I also noticed that the GitHub page seems to have been deleted but the mod is still posted on ContentDB. Has the source been moved or is it simply no longer available?

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

Awkanimus wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 01:57
Hello. Installed this mod and had some trouble with `newhorizons:WhiteWood`; seems it's in the group `wood` and not the group `tree` which stops it from being used in recipes from other mods.

I also noticed that the GitHub page seems to have been deleted but the mod is still posted on ContentDB. Has the source been moved or is it simply no longer available?
Thankfully it's MIT-licensed according to the OP and with Lua the source code is the same as the version Minetest uses. So while we don't have the original Git information unless someone finds a copy, you can still legally reupload your copy and modifications/additions to GitHub, just with no history prior to the latest version. It's a shame but I think a lot of people go and delete projects they are not particularly proud of :(
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

Awkanimus
GitHub: Awkanimus
In-game: Awkanimus

by Awkanimus » Post

I may go that route at some point. I'm still assembling mods into a playable world and reporting issues as I go. I've got some ideas for smaller mods I'd like first before I delve into world gen.