[Mod] Research N' Duplication [rnd]

Noodlemire
GitHub: Noodlemire
In-game: Noodlemire

[Mod] Research N' Duplication [rnd]

by Noodlemire » Post

Inspired directly by Terraria's recent 1.4 update, this mod offers an "earned creative" mode to survival players. When active, you can use a specific amount of an item for research. Once an item is fully researched, it is permanently unlocked in the duplication menu, letting you create an infinite amount of that item.

You can choose how to fill out your duplication menu and only see types of items you actually use, but more importantly, you have to play the game in a somewhat normal fasion in order to unlock duplication. There'll be a lot less grinding, but rare materials will still be rare and difficult to research. The overall goal is to create gameplay where you can create impressive builds with relative ease, but there's still a big reason to interact with the game's other features, like exploring and fighting. In turn, those goals may naturally lead to situations where you wish to make a practical super-contraption with whichever dupes you've unlocked so far.

As long as sfinv is active, "Research" and "Duplicate" tabs will appear in your survival inventory. Otherwise, those menus can be shown using the /research and /duplicate commands, respectively.

Here is a set of 3 screenshots. First is the research menu, with a stack of glass ready to be researched. Second is the same scenario, but after the "Research" button was pressed. Last is a screenshot of the duplication menu, as well as the newly unlocked glass duplication.
+ Spoiler
Hard Dependencies: None
Optional Dependencies: creative, default, sfinv (though sfinv is the only one that really matters)
Repository: https://github.com/Noodlemire/rnd
Liscense: LGPL 2.1, https://github.com/Noodlemire/rnd/blob/master/LICENSE.txt
Download (latest): https://mega.nz/file/b2hBmTaY#k1o0B1GuedUmHz2zscTv6GWFFgqEWn0U-9lifh9CpwI

Downloads (older):
Last edited by Noodlemire on Thu Jul 16, 2020 02:58, edited 1 time in total.

Noodlemire

Re: [Mod] Research N' Duplication [rnd]

by Noodlemire » Post

Research N' Duplication has been updated. The main feature is unified_inventory support. Also, French translations have been added thanks to Github user louisroyer. See the new changelog.txt if you want more details and bugfix information.

Download: https://mega.nz/file/b2hBmTaY#k1o0B1GuedUmHz2zscTv6GWFFgqEWn0U-9lifh9CpwI

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Sounds like a very intresting concept. In a way that's how it is alread on many MT servers: Players start in survival, but if they play long enough and build fascinating things, they either get the necessary privs from the server owner/moderators, get the materials from other friendly players on the server for free, or have gathered enough anyway so that it doesn't matter much. Having a mod that can handle this automaticly seems like a nice idea to me. Hope this gets really tried out on some servers!
A list of my mods can be found here.

Ignaramico

by Ignaramico » Post

Is there a way to remove or rearrange the items of the duplicate window?, at a point i researched an iron tools but since i have a diamond tools reasearched now, i dont need the iron pickaxe anymore

Noodlemire

by Noodlemire » Post

Ignaramico wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 00:32
Is there a way to remove or rearrange the items of the duplicate window?, at a point i researched an iron tools but since i have a diamond tools reasearched now, i dont need the iron pickaxe anymore
Currently, there is not.

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

One issue that annoys me about many mods like this one is that they write the itemstring (like "default:glass") in the GUI instead of the proper name (like "Glass").
My creations. I gladly accept bitcoins: 17fsUywHxeMHKG41UFfu34F1rAxZcrVoqH