[Mod] Witches [witches] [WIP]

j0j0n4th4n

Re: [Mod] Witches [witches] [WIP]

by j0j0n4th4n » Post

I love this mod but the witches keep building their houses on top my buildings and pools. Is there a way to prevent that?
cdb_894a100ddd76

FreeLikeGNU
GitHub: FreeLikeGNU
IRC: freelikegnu
In-game: FreeLikeGNU

by FreeLikeGNU » Post

Hi j0j0n4th4n,
I've updated the mod to respect protected areas with the optional protector (or similar) mod.

Kindly let me know how this works for you.

Monkeybiter
IRC: Monkeybiter
In-game: Monkeybiter

by Monkeybiter » Post

Great and fun mod, is there a way to prevent the witches appearing in a player's protected build, like the cottages are?

j0j0n4th4n

by j0j0n4th4n » Post

FreeLikeGNU wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 00:35
Hi j0j0n4th4n,
I've updated the mod to respect protected areas with the optional protector (or similar) mod.

Kindly let me know how this works for you.
I play mostly in single player but I think it worked. So far the witches haven't built over my stuff, but it may have over corrected though. I try spawning a bunch of witches in a test word and after some time I still haven't seen any witch house
cdb_894a100ddd76

Monkeybiter
IRC: Monkeybiter
In-game: Monkeybiter

by Monkeybiter » Post

I'm the same, haven't seen their builds, but they are still great fun, but unfortunately they accumulate inside my players' builds, even the protected ones. The players get annoyed so I've removed the mod. Hopefully there will be an update to address this.

FreeLikeGNU

by FreeLikeGNU » Post

j0j0n4th4n wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 21:56

I play mostly in single player but I think it worked. So far the witches haven't built over my stuff, but it may have over corrected though. I try spawning a bunch of witches in a test word and after some time I still haven't seen any witch house
You must enable cottages for them to spawn over dungeons near the surface: Settings Tab > All Settings > Content: mods > witches

FreeLikeGNU

by FreeLikeGNU » Post

I've updated our witches. Available from the GitLab repo, ContentDB, or the awesome in-game content browser.

* Cottages are now enabled by default. They are generated if a dungeon is generated close to the surface. If you don't have dungeons enabled for your game's map gen, you will not have cottages :P

* Fixes to chest activation (this was holding back cottage enablement as default)

* Adjustments to quests (now only a chance of loot so it's less spammy. Added some more tool reward variety (it's still quite basic for now).

* Still working on how witches spawn. It would be nice if they occupied every cottage generated, but I think they are shy until a player hangs around. I tried summoning them with minetest.add_entity() instead of mobs:add_mob() but they only claim their chest and disappear before the player happens upon their home. :P So, for now we will rely on mobs:add_mob() so we don't end up with chests that are claimed by ghost witches. :o :o :o :o :o :o I think it has to do with the cottages being generated (on dungeon generation event) far from the player and mobs just don't like sitting around waiting.

* I know some want to use the witches wands as players, but the witches are very protective of their magic and I respect their condition that I find a way to guide and vet players on responsible magic use in a progressive fashion.

Issue reports and pull-requests are welcome!

Jaime Alterado

by Jaime Alterado » Post

Tras jugar un rato no logre encontrar ninguna cabaña de bruja(s), así que revise la configuración «Settings Tab > All Settings > Content: mods > witches», ya estaba habilitada la opción requerida.

Modifiqué la línea noventa y cinco del archivo init.lua y listo:
local witches_cottages = settings:get_bool("witches_cottages", true)

La versión del mod (según init.lua) es: 202200827
La versión del motor es: 5.5.0

Google Translate:
After playing for a while I couldn't find any witch(s) hut, so check the setting "Settings Tab > All Settings > Content: mods > witches", the required option was already enabled.

Modify line ninety-five of the init.lua file and you're done:
local witches_cottages = settings:get_bool("witches_cottages", true)

The mod version (according to init.lua) is: 202200827
Engine version is: 5.5.0

FreeLikeGNU

by FreeLikeGNU » Post

Witches now have an improved basic questing system and items related to quest are now stored and customizible outside codebase! Frequency of rewards, and number of items (requested and given) is now customizible. Enjoy!

FreeLikeGNU

by FreeLikeGNU » Post

Chest items and cottage furniture are now stored in the mod_storage database!

FreeLikeGNU

by FreeLikeGNU » Post

Translation support improved with added template.

FreeLikeGNU

by FreeLikeGNU » Post

Fixed broken translation function in sheep.lua