free models for minetest mobs [model, asset]

MisterE
GitHub: MisterE123
IRC: MisterE
In-game: MisterE

Re: free models for minetest mobs [model, asset]

by MisterE » Post

Ok that look great!
Suggestions: make the slither speed a little faster, and check out the strike. I dont think it is using the strike animation properly.

Is there a way that you can have a separate animation for when the snake is turning as it slithers? I could make some animations for left and right tuns as it slithers and swims.

Also, when the snake swims it currently does not stay with its head above the water... that could be fixed.

I know this is a WIP and you probably were aware of these things anyways, so, no pressure.

Gundul
GitHub: berengma
IRC: Gundul

by Gundul » Post

MisterE wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 18:35
Ok that look great!
Suggestions: make the slither speed a little faster, and check out the strike. I dont think it is using the strike animation properly.

I know this is a WIP and you probably were aware of these things anyways, so, no pressure.
Yes that is only a prove of concept. The code was 99% taken from water_life:crocodile.
Only changed model, texture and added some animations.
My servers: Jungle, Lilly in the valley, 3xile

Gundul
GitHub: berengma
IRC: Gundul

by Gundul » Post

That's more work than I thought it would be. :)

I have now a warn behavior and the snake is attacking if you ignore or come too near.
Still some issues with the animations because mobkit uses some standard anim names which do not
really fit into snakes.

Next will be new movement bahaviors with less turns and more just going straight.
While attacking it sometimes still wants to use a stand anim which I do not know why.

All can be seen on my github, tmpsnake repo and water_life, gecko branch.
My servers: Jungle, Lilly in the valley, 3xile