[MOD] Swampz (swaz) [v1.15]

runs

[MOD] Swampz (swaz) [v1.15]

by runs » Post

This includes:
- Swampz biome: Warm and wet (it almost always rains)
- Trees and flora.
- New nodes: Silt, silt with grass, mud, mud with moss, limestone.
- Swampy Lakes.
- Spanish Translation.
- Not for v6 mapgen.

Construction

You can get Adobe from Mud and Straw.

And some new nodes:

Dependencies
- Hard: flowers, baldcypress, willow, farming, dye
- Optional: stairs, basic_materials, farming, bucket

Note: 'baldcypress' and 'willow' mods belong to the 'cool_trees' modpack.

Iris Flower

It is an aquatic flower, spawns naturally only on the shallow. You can get Iris and plant it over mud, even at high altitudes, but not underwater (more than 2 water nodes of depth).

License
- Code: GPL v3.0
- Textures: CC BY-SA 4.0

Download

Download

Source Code

Screenshots

Attachments
items.png
items.png (94.9 KiB) Viewed 2563 times
screenshot_02.png
screenshot_02.png (759.39 KiB) Viewed 2563 times
swampz!.png
swampz!.png (918.84 KiB) Viewed 2563 times
Last edited by runs on Sat Dec 11, 2021 13:17, edited 22 times in total.

runs

Re: [MOD] Swampz (swaz)

by runs » Post

v1.1

- Reorder, cleaning and commenting the mod.
- It requires the last version of willow and baldcypress for a better settling them.

runs

Re: [MOD] Swampz (swaz) [v1.1]

by runs » Post

v1.2

- Added Adobe Stuff, made from Mud and Straw.

Attachments
adobe_constructions.png
adobe_constructions.png (315.13 KiB) Viewed 2563 times
adobe_items.png
adobe_items.png (36.81 KiB) Viewed 2563 times

runs

Re: [MOD] Swampz (swaz) [v1.2]

by runs » Post

v1.3

- luacheck cleaning

SB66

Re: [MOD] Swampz (swaz) [v1.3]

by SB66 » Post

swampy river.....

mixed water.....

hhmmm, maybe...................
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/8lR8Bx
https://ascmag.com/blog/filmmakers-foru ... overy-saga
Attachments
screenshot_20200802_120418.jpg
screenshot_20200802_120418.jpg (223.54 KiB) Viewed 2563 times
screenshot_20200802_120739.jpg
screenshot_20200802_120739.jpg (472.39 KiB) Viewed 2563 times

runs

by runs » Post

SB66 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:07

I realized about the mixed biomes, but not the rivers. I almost always use v7.

SB66

by SB66 » Post

runs wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 01:37
SB66 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:07

I realized about the mixed biomes, but not the rivers. I almost always use v7.
I use the Carpathian Mapgenerator., lates windows buld from sfan5
The quiet big swamp is in the middle of the map.
The builing in the middle og the map is a the 0,y,0 coordinate.

btw , thats the map :)
(resized and compressed for upload.....)

Attachments
basis.jpg
basis.jpg (858.76 KiB) Viewed 2563 times

runs

by runs » Post

v1.4

- Minor fixes.
- New nodes:
-- 4 Bricked Walls
-- A set of a red roof

Attachments
materials.png
materials.png (439.79 KiB) Viewed 2563 times

runs

Re: [MOD] Swampz (swaz) [v1.4]

by runs » Post

v1.5

- Incremented the height for this biome.

FrostRanger
GitHub: WulftheNordicRanger
IRC: FrostRanger FrostRanger[m]
In-game: FrostRanger FrostStar
Location: In the untamed wilderness of wherever I happen to be dimension hopping this time...

Re: [MOD] Swampz (swaz) [v1.5]

by FrostRanger » Post

I have an idea, If both petz and swampz are installed, make crocs spawn in the swamp biome
Sole ranger and ruler of the frozen realms of Cabin Fever and seeker of the ever elusive Dungeon Master...

runs

by runs » Post

FrostRanger wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 19:02
I have an idea, If both petz and swampz are installed, make crocs spawn in the swamp biome
Crocs are in 'Water Life' mod, not Petz :-)

FrostRanger
GitHub: WulftheNordicRanger
IRC: FrostRanger FrostRanger[m]
In-game: FrostRanger FrostStar
Location: In the untamed wilderness of wherever I happen to be dimension hopping this time...

by FrostRanger » Post

whoops! sorry. but some swamp specific mob would still be a good idea
Sole ranger and ruler of the frozen realms of Cabin Fever and seeker of the ever elusive Dungeon Master...

cuthbertdoublebarrel
GitHub: cuthbert

by cuthbertdoublebarrel » Post

FrostRanger wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 07:02
yes this is a problem with new biomes and exsisting Mobs not always populating them . need a script that automatically identifies a new boime and populates it .
If we can get all these great mobs and big features like this up and running together Minetest would be a spectacular vision .
If i go out in the woods there is livestock and wildlife moving about in my field of view most of the time , where as Mintest is very sparsely populated in comparision , i have been cranking up the spawn rate until the woods are full of life . its a wonderfull sight to watch them interact from a safe spot as they begin to hunt each other and as the light changes more predators appear .
Its almost as if minetest is generating its own gameplay from the conflicts .
Project BrutalTest...hide your Petz

runs

by runs » Post

cuthbertdoublebarrel wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 09:33
FrostRanger wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 07:02
yes this is a problem with new biomes and exsisting Mobs not always populating them . need a script that automatically identifies a new boime and populates it .
If we can get all these great mobs and big features like this up and running together Minetest would be a spectacular vision .
If i go out in the woods there is livestock and wildlife moving about in my field of view most of the time , where as Mintest is very sparsely populated in comparision , i have been cranking up the spawn rate until the woods are full of life . its a wonderfull sight to watch them interact from a safe spot as they begin to hunt each other and as the light changes more predators appear .
Its almost as if minetest is generating its own gameplay from the conflicts .
It is not a problem of biomes, but nodes (even games). Maybe would be possible to set a default spawn for all the biomes, that it would be the default top mod of the biome. But some mobs are defined to specific biomes/nodes already, for example lions in savanna biome, penguins where snow.

In Petz the server admin already can define the nodes/biomes/ratio where to spawn on. I think that its is the better approach. I do it in my Juanchi Game.

The user should tune it if he wants to adjust it to his wishes. Because it has already happened to me with petz that there are people who complain because many mobs slow down the game and few are shit. In the end it's hard to please everyone.

runs

by runs » Post

v1.6

- Support for farming: Cultivate in Silt with grass nodes.

cuthbertdoublebarrel
GitHub: cuthbert

by cuthbertdoublebarrel » Post

runs wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:34

It is not a problem of biomes, but nodes (even games). Maybe would be possible to set a default spawn for all the biomes, that it would be the default top mod of the biome. But some mobs are defined to specific biomes/nodes already, for example lions in savanna biome, penguins where snow.
In Petz the server admin already can define the nodes/biomes/ratio where to spawn on. I think that its is the better approach. I do it in my Juanchi Game.
The user should tune it if he wants to adjust it to his wishes. Because it has already happened to me with petz that there are people who complain because many mobs slow down the game and few are shit. In the end it's hard to please everyone.
not all penguins live where there is snow they are also found in warmer climes on rocky shores and some lions lives in teak woods,
so both could appear in other biomes too. they might be rare to see, if there was an in game camera players could collect pictures of them as a challange .
It would be great to have one Mod to rule all the mobs and fine tune them on the fly .
people complaining about devices being to slow to run the game should not be your problem .
with other engines they automatically check the players device and reduce the eye candy and entities etc accordingly so that the game will run correctly on the device and the player is none the wiser.
but there is an actual problem with lag and it appears to have greatly increased since the last update to MT .
this is what happens when you add corporate hidef eye candy so the graphics look exactly the same as every other mainstream game .
Project BrutalTest...hide your Petz

HighPopes
GitHub: HighPopes

Re: [MOD] Swampz (swaz) [v1.6]

by HighPopes » Post

Will there be a mud crafting recipe? Some of the land nodes would make great building blocks.

runs

by runs » Post

HighPopes wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 02:52
Will there be a mud crafting recipe? Some of the land nodes would make great building blocks.
There are now building materials with mud. Look carefully at the post.

runs

by runs » Post

v1.7

- Fixed heigh of the biome to back to a lower level, because trees with big roots are not suitable for mountains.
- Improved the Swampz Shore/Swampy Water:
-- Darker vision inside the water.
-- Greenish vision inside the water.
-- Deeper swampy water nodes.
-- Coast with mud below water.

ThorfinnS
GitHub: ThorfinnS

Re: [MOD] Swampz (swaz) [v1.7]

by ThorfinnS » Post

Nice.

Some issues with this and [rainf] where your water sources have a gap in containment and flood the region. Or is this what you meant by -- Coast with mud below water.?

Suggestion: both your biomes force you to leave to avoid starvation, even though you can grow things there. At the minimum, maybe have your grass have random drops of rice and cotton, like jungle? Maybe add your [cool_trees] pineapples? Ideally, it would also be nice to add appropriate plants from [Farming] Redo and/or [cucina_vegana] if those are installed.

HighPopes
GitHub: HighPopes

by HighPopes » Post

I meant actually crafting mud blocks. Not building materials. The only way to get mud is to find it. The wet mud texture is really nice and i want to build with it. Perhaps a crafting recipe: dirt + water bucket for wet mud.

runs

by runs » Post

v1.8
- Fix flooding water sources.

runs

by runs » Post

ThorfinnS wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 20:06
Nice.

Some issues with this and [rainf] where your water sources have a gap in containment and flood the region. Or is this what you meant by -- Coast with mud below water.?

Suggestion: both your biomes force you to leave to avoid starvation, even though you can grow things there. At the minimum, maybe have your grass have random drops of rice and cotton, like jungle? Maybe add your [cool_trees] pineapples? Ideally, it would also be nice to add appropriate plants from [Farming] Redo and/or [cucina_vegana] if those are installed.
Solved (maybe) in the lastest version.
"Coast with mud below water." means the nodes under the water are mud (not sand), till a 5 depth.

No food in the swamps is deliberated. They are places, dirty, smelly and dangerous where no one wants to live, in real life! I'll add something but I don't know what, pineapples are tropical I believe.

The temperate rainforest biome has chestnuts, acorns and grapes as food. I will add some fruit trees, maybe a plum tree.

The grass should drop seeds. I will do too. And some plants from Farming Redo as Pumpkins.
Last edited by runs on Sat Oct 31, 2020 23:59, edited 1 time in total.

runs

by runs » Post

HighPopes wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 20:50
I meant actually crafting mud blocks. Not building materials. The only way to get mud is to find it. The wet mud texture is really nice and i want to build with it. Perhaps a crafting recipe: dirt + water bucket for wet mud.
One reason to explore new biomes. But good idea water + dirt = Mud.

ThorfinnS
GitHub: ThorfinnS

Re: [MOD] Swampz (swaz) [v1.8]

by ThorfinnS » Post

OK, that's cool. If your vision is that one should not try to build in swamps, that's your vision. Don't change things up for me. I just thought [swaz] was a whole lot of work to be a biome you avoid.

IMO, your [rainf] already has a great plenty of food. Chestnuts are hands down the best food source in the game, including baked potatoes, corn on the cob, and the ubiquitous bread. Didn't notice you could eat acorns -- been just trashing them, since I already had a couple stacks of chestnuts. Again, not that food can't be superabundant if that's your vision.

[EDIT]
I know that sounds like the opposite of my last post. What I meant before is that for anything other than chestnuts (and acorns), you have to leave the biome to get anything to plant on the meadow anyway. And once you find it, there's little point to leaving the deciduous forest or grasslands. Just build there. Though between acorns and chestnuts, there is absolutely no reason to even bother with farming.
[/EDIT]