[Mod] Placeable Buckets for Catching Rainwater [placeable_buckets]

Noodlemire
GitHub: Noodlemire
In-game: Noodlemire

[Mod] Placeable Buckets for Catching Rainwater [placeable_buckets]

by Noodlemire » Post

This is a mod with a fairly specific purpose. In situations where water isn't renewable, such as with the dynamic_liquid mod if that weird damp clay mechanic is disabled. My intention is to create a method of gathering new water, without making it easy to infinitely generate it.

With this mod, the types of buckets added by the bucket mod will now be placeable as nodes. Once placed, they'll have a few different configurable properties, with the most notable being their ability to collect rain. With the climate_api mod installed, suitably humid conditions will slowly cause empty buckets to fill with water. Once it's full to the brim, you can pick it up and use it like a normal water bucket, or shift-right click to put it back down.

The other main feature is compatability with a modification I made to the waterworks mod. With it, you can use buckets as inlets simply by putting them on top of pipes. Whenever a bucket attached to a pipe fills up completely, it will send that water through the pipe and out of and outlet. (I had to modify the api to make this possible)

Lastly, lava buckets can be used as light sources and, with the entitycontrol api, as incinerators by throwing items into them.

You can check the included readme for more details about configurations.
Image Dependencies: bucket, default
Optional Dependencies: climate_api, entitycontrol, waterworks
Repository: https://github.com/Noodlemire/placeable_buckets
Liscense: LGPL 2.1
Download: https://mega.nz/file/3iJRFKqA#Lhi15lMfQ09v3jMkUXby_3Mbnh4WR4h7JaOfkZJzSnc

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

Re: [Mod] Placeable Buckets for Catching Rainwater [placeable_buckets]

by Sokomine » Post

There's another mod out there for collecting rainwater. But in general beeing able to place buckets sounds like a neat idea. Another decorative item to make use of! That's fine.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Noodlemire
GitHub: Noodlemire
In-game: Noodlemire

by Noodlemire » Post

Sokomine wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 02:38
There's another mod out there for collecting rainwater.
The only one I know of is rainbarrel, which is still fairly different. It uses a different weather api, has very little visual feedback about how much water is being collected, and its barrels check once every 5 minutes to see if they should get a huge burst of water or not, in comparison to my bucket's very gradual filling, which occurs in a 1/5 chance every 5 seconds. Point being, although both mods fulfill a very similar purpose, they do so with enough differences to remain distinct, and suitable for different preferences. (Unless I'm missing a third rain bucket mod somewhere...)

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Noodlemire wrote: The only one I know of is rainbarrel,
Yes, that's the one I had in mind. But apart from functional differences, your mod adds buckets and not barrels. There's a usage for both :-) My cottages mod also has a well for getting river water, but that's an entirely diffrent mechanism again. It's nice to see that buckets can be placed!
A list of my mods can be found here.