By the way the mods come with a brand-new model demonstrating that.
The 2nd mod basically a GUI for the lib/api mod, inspired by Skinsdb. Sfinv is supported, it adds 2 tabs: "skins" and "models".
Each skin and each model should have its own JSON meta file. The meta files contains authoring information and GUI data, but more importantly, it contains informations about available animations, available gear slot (and how to "plug" the gear to the player/entity - e.g. bone), texture format (if a model have more than one texture, if it use the 1.8 format or 1.0), as well as collision box.
- Player_api replacement
- Work for both players and entities
- Can remap texture of a skin to another model when switching (if compatible)
- Each model have its own collision box and "eye height"
- Each animation may override the model base collision box (e.g. the "sit" animation may have a smaller one), also works for "eye height"
- Support for customizable gears like wielded item
- Support for custom controller a thing that trigger user animation depending on control (built-in), but fully modable to add whatever controller you want to affect player animation
- Skin and models have tags, it helps matching the best models for a skins
- Finally a mod allowing players to change their model!
- Built-in round model (not blocky, but still low-poly), but fully-compatible with the 1.8 format
- The built-in model support a "wield" bone to attach the wielded item, as well as a "cape" bone and a "hat" bone (more to come), having specific bones open possibilities for gestures like salute with the hat.
- Planned: a female model
- Planned: a model with overlay for long hair
- Planned: support for a gesture animation for the built-in model, probably triggered by something like holding the sneak-key without moving