rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

Re: [mod] Animalia [0.2.2] [animalia]

by rubenwardy » Post

MisterE wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 18:22
Centeria Survival's players were annoyed at that cat, and we went on a cat hunt... sort of like an easter egg hunt but the goal was to stop that meowing... about as difficult as an easter egg hunt
Do you have no heart?
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

MisterE
GitHub: MisterE123
IRC: MisterE
In-game: MisterE

by MisterE » Post

lol... it was loud, and driving a certain player crazy :P the mod is updated so we probably wont do that anymore

MisterE

by MisterE » Post

balancing report: the horses neigh too much for the few sounds they have... at some point it might be good to reduce the neighing frequency or add several new sounds

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

Re: [mod] Animalia [0.2.1] [animalia]

by Jordach » Post

runs wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 20:55

if you want war, you will have it. My next update will be DRACOZ.

Nobody messes with Samantha. In two words: NO-BODY

Man if you're getting entirely butthurt that someone is making more quality and competent mods maybe you need to work on your ego some more before you dive into actually trying. At the rate you're going you're about to find yourself on the banlist. Doubling down on stupid won't get you very far. A bold effort, but a vain one.

ElCeejo
GitHub: ElCeejo
In-game: ElCeejo

Minor improvements and fixes

by ElCeejo » Post

Another one of these. Just another fix for some reported issues, this time focusing on animal behavior.

- Mobs now use pathfinding when fleeing - Fix to an issue found by wwar on Discord
- Mobs can now step out of water - Fix to an issue found by myself
- Mobs no longer jump while on half-blocks - Fix to a commonly reported issue
- Eggs are now part of the 'food_egg' group - Added mod compatibility (Suggested by Emerald on Discord)
- Horses now make sounds less often - Suggested by MisterE

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

MisterE

Re: [mod] Animalia [0.2.3] [animalia]

by MisterE » Post

Sorry to bother you about this again, but players on my server are complaining that all the animals are making too much noise, they say it gets tiresome after 15 min. This could be fixed by the spawn rate: I think I am seeing way too many animals about.

quotes:

Code: Select all

"just ran around near spawn.... over 100 pieces of raw meat collected in 5 min, and I still hear animals about"

"Im moving my base to mars lol"
that is really too much for my survival server. Does this setting:

chunk_spawn_queue_int (Chunk Spawning Queue Execution Interval) float 16
affect the spawn rate? If so, how would I make animals spawn less?

If not, could you add a setting to adjust the spawnrate of each animal? I also noticed that I have not seen *any* wolves after playing on the server for several hours each day for 3 days

runs

Re: [mod] Animalia [0.2.1] [animalia]

by runs » Post

Jordach wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 03:46

Man if you're getting entirely butthurt that someone is making more quality and competent mods maybe you need to work on your ego some more before you dive into actually trying. At the rate you're going you're about to find yourself on the banlist. Doubling down on stupid won't get you very far. A bold effort, but a vain one.

You are right, I must not lose my temper so easily. I am impulsive and nervous. I'm sorry, I really am. I will try to improve.

AmyMoriyama
GitHub: AmyMoriyama

by AmyMoriyama » Post

Is there a way to reduce the spawning rate? WAY too many animals. I could nuke a large area and there would still be plenty of mobs left.

ElCeejo

by ElCeejo » Post

Overspawning is an issue I'm working toward fixing. The next minor update should bring a fix, but for now I'd recommend going into init.lua and changing 'animalia.spawn_interval' from 60 to something like 580.

Jackknife

by Jackknife » Post

I haven’t run into any issues yet, I adjusted the rate they are spawned so the game doesn’t lag and slow down. I think wheat is used to tame horses but apples would seem to fit better.

ElCeejo

Patch 0.2.4 and Announcement

by ElCeejo » Post

Just a small patch to add a few settings, and a announcement.

- Added Spawn Interval setting
- Added Fancy Stepping setting

Spawn Interval can be raised to avoid overspawning issues, and Fancy Stepping can be disabled to slightly reduce lag and fix "hopping" problems if they occur often.

In other news, it appears that Ambient Mobs won in quite the landslide. As mentioned before, even if your vote didn't win this time, it will be added at some point.

As for the mobs added this time, they will of course be mostly for ambiance, but that doesn't mean they will be useless outside of the charm they add. Some of them will be have niche uses that will make them beneficial for certain players to keep around.

Now for that announcement: Animalia 0.3 (Ambiance) will be available for beta testing on my Patreon soon. I already have one of the mobs coded, and I get a feeling it will be a favorite. As Patrons/Beta Testers you will also have exclusive previews of mobs and access to polls on what content will be added in future updates.

I hope these new settings will make your experience with the mod more enjoyable. Thanks as always for the feedback.

Jackknife

Re: [mod] Animalia [0.2.4] [animalia]

by Jackknife » Post

The animals keep spawning inside the blocks/nodes.

ElCeejo

Animalia 0.3 Beta on Patreon

by ElCeejo » Post

The Animalia 0.3 Beta has begun on Patreon. This beta includes a single mob, some new features, bug fixes, and performance improvements.

The new mob in the beta is Bats! Small mammals that cling to cave ceilings, dropping Guano, a powerful fertilizer.

The beta also includes another secret mod (designed mainly for another somewhat secretive project) that allows for more flexibility with Animalia going forward, and will allow more people to use the mod without issue.

I can't say when this update will be available for the public, as there are other projects that are more important at the moment.

Announcement aside, I'm aware of a number of spawning and rare pathfinding issues present in the mod. Most of the remaining issues in the mod are Mob Core related and will be fixed, in one way or another, very soon.
Last edited by ElCeejo on Sun Oct 03, 2021 22:55, edited 1 time in total.

ronoaldo
GitHub: ronoaldo
IRC: ronoaldo
In-game: RonoaldoKakashi

by ronoaldo » Post

Nice one! Just checked your patreon link.
Servers: Mercurio | Tools: ContentDB CLI | Mods: minenews

pivert
In-game: Pivert

by pivert » Post

Hi,

I'm currently experiencing recurring server crashes, and I highly suspect animalia :

2021-10-03 23:48:25: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod '??' in callback luaentity_Step(): /config/.minetest/mods/animalia/api/api.lua:917: attempt to index a nil value
2021-10-03 23:48:25: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2021-10-03 23:48:25: ERROR[Main]:       /config/.minetest/mods/animalia/api/api.lua:917: in function 'func'
2021-10-03 23:48:25: ERROR[Main]:       /config/.minetest/mods/mobkit/init.lua:621: in function 'execute_queues'
2021-10-03 23:48:25: ERROR[Main]:       /config/.minetest/mods/mobkit/init.lua:848: in function 'stepfunc'
2021-10-03 23:48:25: ERROR[Main]:       /config/.minetest/mods/mob_core/api.lua:1172: in function 'on_step'
2021-10-03 23:48:25: ERROR[Main]:       /config/.minetest/mods/animalia/api/api.lua:637: in function 'old_on_step'
2021-10-03 23:48:25: ERROR[Main]:       /config/.minetest/mods/monitoring/builtin/on_step.lua:17: in function </config/.minetest/mods/monitoring/builtin/on_step.lua:15>
Using latest minetest server docker image (5.4.1), and latest animalia 0.2.4...

Do you have any idea ?

BTW, those cats meowing all the time are also driving me nuts.
minetestserver on 3 K8S nodes with cloudnative-pg backend

ElCeejo

Patch 0.2.5

by ElCeejo » Post

Welcome to the forums, pivert. Sorry you had those issues, this update should fix it.

- Added a nil check
- Heavily reduced Cat sound repetition

Since I'm already posting, I might as well attach another announcement.

I now have a Discord server. For those of you who aren't against the platform, joining would get you quicker response times, help from community members, and more frequent development updates.Join Here.

pivert
In-game: Pivert

Re: [mod] Animalia [0.2.5] [animalia]

by pivert » Post

Thanks ElCeejo !

But still have very similar crash (except the line number in the api.lua ;-) )

2021-10-04 17:43:07: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod '??' in callback luaentity_Step(): /config/.minetest/mods/animalia/api/api.lua:918: attempt to index a nil value
2021-10-04 17:43:07: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2021-10-04 17:43:07: ERROR[Main]:       /config/.minetest/mods/animalia/api/api.lua:918: in function 'func'
2021-10-04 17:43:07: ERROR[Main]:       /config/.minetest/mods/mobkit/init.lua:621: in function 'execute_queues'
2021-10-04 17:43:07: ERROR[Main]:       /config/.minetest/mods/mobkit/init.lua:848: in function 'stepfunc'
2021-10-04 17:43:07: ERROR[Main]:       /config/.minetest/mods/mob_core/api.lua:1172: in function 'on_step'
2021-10-04 17:43:07: ERROR[Main]:       /config/.minetest/mods/animalia/api/api.lua:637: in function 'old_on_step'
2021-10-04 17:43:07: ERROR[Main]:       /config/.minetest/mods/monitoring/builtin/on_step.lua:17: in function </config/.minetest/mods/monitoring/builtin/on_step.lua:15>
The bug is triggered as soon as a Player gets closer to his place. (I guess if anyone gets close to the place).
minetestserver on 3 K8S nodes with cloudnative-pg backend

Astraporta
In-game: Astraporta

Re: [mod] Animalia [0.2.5] [animalia]

by Astraporta » Post

I'm having trouble with this mod. Whenever I try to spawn an animal or an animal spawns naturally, the game shuts down and gives me this error message, or something similar:

AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod '??' in callback luaentity_Step():
...64\minetest-5.4.1-win64\bin\..\mods\animalia/api/api.lua:1449: in function 'move_head_
...64\minetest-5.4.1-win64\bin\..\mods\animalia/api/api.lua:1449: in function 'head_tracking'
...netest-5.4.1-win64\bin\..\mods\animalia/mobs/chicken.lua:33: in function 'logic'
...1-win64\minetest-5.4.1-win64\bin\..\mods\mobkit\int.lua:940: in function 'stepfunc'
...-win64\minetest-5.4.1-win64\bin\..\mods\mob_core/api.lua:1133: in function 'on_step'
...64\minetest-5.4.1-win64\bin\..\mods\animalia/api/api.lua:637: in function
<...64\minetest-5.4.1-win64\bin\..\mods\animalia/api/api.lua:636>

(I had to type this out, copy/paste would not copy in Minetest)
I've tried redownloading and also tried it in both 5.4.1 and 5.3.0 with the same results. I don't seem to be the only one having these issues! Can anyone help me?

ElCeejo

Patch 0.2.6 and Patreon update

by ElCeejo » Post

Just a patch for the issues above.

As for the Ambience Update, significant progress has been made.

First of the new mobs are Song Birds, which add both audible and visual ambience to forests.

Second are Tropical Fish, which add wonderful visual ambience to oceans

While these mobs have been seen in Minetest before, these ones have a unique feature that will set them apart from others. The update is currently available for all tiers on Patreon and will be available to the public soon.

For frequent updates on progress, join us on Discord.

Jackknife

Re: [mod] Animalia [0.2.6] [animalia]

by Jackknife » Post

How soon do you think?

JordanL2

by JordanL2 » Post

Very good quality mod, subscribed to you on Patreon to help support development.

Jackknife

by Jackknife » Post

I noticed when hitting any of the animal mobs with a sword that it doesn't start breaking, instead
the sword doesn't act like it's been used at all.
But it has some wear after chopping grass with it which seems odd to me.

ElCeejo

by ElCeejo » Post

JordanL2 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 14:15
Very good quality mod, subscribed to you on Patreon to help support development.
Thanks! You now of course have access to the Animalia beta and will have access to more exclusive content soon. Your contribution is very appreciated.
Jackknife wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 21:21
I noticed when hitting any of the animal mobs with a sword that it doesn't start breaking, instead
the sword doesn't act like it's been used at all.
But it has some wear after chopping grass with it which seems odd to me.
That'll be fixed soon. As for when "soon" is, can't say for sure but once I am sure I'll give a rough release date. While the update is primarily focused on the addition of ambient mobs, polish is also a high priority. Thanks to some major changes under the hood, the mod will be far more polished than before. Once the update is released, you won't even have to look at the code to see how massive those "under the hood" changes are.

Jackknife

by Jackknife » Post

Is there any plans for adding additional sounds the animals make. It seems there should be some variations.

Jackknife

by Jackknife » Post

I feel like it should have its own mobs-fence instead of having to use the one from mobs-redo, the animals
constantly get loose from regular fences.
I could try to do that myself but that might take some trial and error as coding is still new
to me.