[mod] Animalia [0.6] [animalia]

freshreplicant
In-game: freshreplicant

Re: Choose Animalias next update!

by freshreplicant » Post

ElCeejo wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:19
As with last time, I'll be leaving the theme of the next update in the communities hands. This time around, voting and presentation will be carried out a bit differently. The initial 6 themes will be decided here on the forums, and the final 2 on Discord. In addition to this, each theme will have a mob I've already modelled to represent it.
Wow, these all looks great.

I'm not sure I get it though - will you be making all of these, and we're just voting on which comes first or you'll only make one?

Personally I'm between the Predator Update and the Fishing Update right now, as I think both would add a lot of gameplay value (probably slightly skewed towards predators).

I have some feedback on the birds from the last update - they're great overall, nice models. Only thing I wish is that they would behave slightly differently:

1. Birds sticking with like birds, e.g. red birds sticking together, blue birds sticking together, etc. (assuming they're separate species).

2. I'm not 100% sure what birds they're modelled after, but they also look like they species that wouldn't usually gather in big flocks - maybe you could use this behaviour for crows or pigeons. These birds look more like ones you'd see flitting about sparingly.

3. I noticed big flocks of birds sitting on the ground in biomes with no trees. It would be cooler if these birds spawned in or sought out biomes with trees and whenever possible, only landed on branches/treetops. They can still be startled and fly away one tree to another, similar to how they behave now.

These three changes would make the Immersion Update way more immersive. :P

touchatonku

Re: [mod] Animalia [0.3.3] [animalia]

by touchatonku » Post

Hi, the animalia module crashes on first appearance.
2022-02-27 15:51:59: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: Lua: Runtime error from mod 'animalia' in callback environment_OnGenerated(): /home/minetest/bin/../mods/animalia/api/spawning.lua:261: bad argument #1 to 'random' (interval is empty)
2022-02-27 15:51:59: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2022-02-27 15:51:59: ERROR[Main]: [C]: in function 'random'
2022-02-27 15:51:59: ERROR[Main]: /home/minetest/bin/../mods/animalia/api/spawning.lua:261: in function '?'
2022-02-27 15:51:59: ERROR[Main]: /home/minetest/bin/../builtin/game/register.lua:425: in function </home/minetest/bin/../builtin/game/register.lua:409>
I am using stable version 5.5.0

Thanks for your help

Nik09
GitHub: Niklp09
IRC: Niklp
In-game: Niklp

by Nik09 » Post

I have 2 favorites, the Whales and the Macaws

j0j0n4th4n

by j0j0n4th4n » Post

I have 2 favorites, the Whales and the Macaws
There is a very cool mod to add macaws to the game. Is the Markov macaws mod: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=23612

If you don't wanna wait, is a pretty good mod. The birds repeat phrases said on chat and even change them overtime!
cdb_894a100ddd76

ElCeejo
GitHub: ElCeejo
In-game: ElCeejo

Update 0.3.4

by ElCeejo » Post

Just a small fix for a few issues.

- Fixed Wolf attack crash
- Fixed Horse taming crash
- Fixed Spawning crash

Jackknife

Re: [mod] Animalia [0.3.4] [animalia]

by Jackknife » Post

The game randomly crashes with the animlia mod enabled; I don't know why.

ElCeejo

by ElCeejo » Post

Does it give a message? And do you have the latest version of Animalia and Creatura?

Jackknife

by Jackknife » Post

I have the latest version of both. it doesn't give me a message, it just shutdowns down the whole minetest
program.

ElCeejo

by ElCeejo » Post

Check your debug.txt after the crash occurs, you might get a message there. Also, make sure you're on engine version 5.4 or newer.

Jackknife

by Jackknife » Post

I'm on Minetest 5.5 so that shouldn't be an issue.
It was the x-bows mod, that's what was messing everything up.

ElCeejo

Update 0.3.5 and Final Vote Announcement

by ElCeejo » Post

Update 0.3.5 is Public!

- Added Bird Nests
- Added Nametags
- Fixed Bird and Bat behavior
- Birds are now silent at night
- Birds now return to their spawn positions at night

I'm a bit late, but the vote has ended and the Predator and Herpetology updates are the top 2 and will be voted on by members of my Discord server. 2 new mobs will represent these updates in this new vote.

Representing the Herpetology Update in the final part of the vote: The Hellbender Salamander

Tiger and Yellow Spotted Variants are planned as well, and maybe even Axolotls. These guys would keep pests down (especially a few that will be coming in future updates).

Representing the Predator Update in the final vote: The Spotted Hyena

This Savanna and Desert dwelling mob will target vulnerable mobs and potentially even players (if in large enough groups), but can be distracted by dropping meat.

This final vote is taking place now on my Discord server, link in signature.

Jackknife

Re: [mod] Animalia [0.3.5] [animalia]

by Jackknife » Post

The animals do seem to not have any collision whatsoever when I walk into them, I go right
through them as if they weren't there.

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

Re: Update 0.3.5 and Final Vote Announcement

by Blockhead » Post

ElCeejo wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 02:32
That's a thicc looking hyena, maybe its torso is too tall by a pixel or two. Also the diameter of the neck.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

ElCeejo

Re: Update 0.3.5 and Final Vote Announcement

by ElCeejo » Post

Blockhead wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 05:25
ElCeejo wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 02:32
That's a thicc looking hyena, maybe its torso is too tall by a pixel or two. Also the diameter of the neck.
This has already been fixed after some feedback I got in a separate community. The updated model was posted on my Discord a while ago and will be posted here once the update is ready.

lordawe

by lordawe » Post

Hi ElCeejo,
animalia is cool, but it crashes randomly, similar error to the above. Can you fix it please, pretty please? :Đ
I am using MT 5.5.0 stable.

AsyncErr: Lua: Runtime error from mod 'animalia' in callback luaentity_Step(): Invalid float vector dimension range 'y' (expected -2.14748e+06 < y < 2.14748e+06 got inf).

stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'get_objects_inside_radius'
C:\minetest550_x64_server\bin\..\mods\creatura/api.lua:337: in function 'get_nearby_player'
...inetest550_x64_server\bin\..\mods\animalia/mobs/bird.lua:101: in function 'get_score'
...minetest550_x64_server\bin\..\mods\creatura/mob_meta.lua:1108: in function '_execute_utilities'
...minetest550_x64_server\bin\..\mods\creatura/mob_meta.lua:833: in function <...minetest550_x64_server\bin\..\mods\creatura/mob_meta.lua:805>

lordawe

by lordawe » Post

Hi ElCeejo,
please, can you add Hunger NG: A next generation hunger mod (hunger_ng) support? Thank you!

j0j0n4th4n

by j0j0n4th4n » Post

I dunno why, but animals are not taking damage in lava, even the fish. I guess they consider it a liquid so they don't suffocate?
cdb_894a100ddd76

ElCeejo

by ElCeejo » Post

Make sure you update to the latest version of Creatura from ContentDB. There will be an update to address multiple small issues as well as performance on servers relatively soon.

c56
GitHub: tigercoding56
In-game: bm5 or bemo5 also sell_her_on55

by c56 » Post

question / request could you add a werewolf in the future ( like the one in the petz mod potentially with the option of making the player a werewolf if attacked by one and having a cure also maybe during October )
this is a signature not a place to post messages also if i could change my username i would change it to sell_her_on55

ElCeejo

by ElCeejo » Post

No. Animalia focuses on real animals, with some creative liberties for gameplay purposes planned in the future (buffs or rewards depending on treatment of animals). But I do plan on making a fantasy creature mod that will go into development after Draconis 2.0 and the Predator Update are released.

AccidentallyRhine

by AccidentallyRhine » Post

Crash on Minetest 5.6.x with Animalia and Creatura from latest git.

Code: Select all

2022-08-03 10:44:29: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: Lua: Runtime error from mod 'animalia' in callback luaentity_Step(): /home/user/.minetest/mods/animalia/api/behaviors.lua:1459: attempt to compare nil with number
2022-08-03 10:44:29: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2022-08-03 10:44:29: ERROR[Main]: 	/home/user/.minetest/mods/animalia/api/behaviors.lua:1459: in function 'func'
2022-08-03 10:44:29: ERROR[Main]: 	/home/user/.minetest/mods/creatura-main/mob_meta.lua:1088: in function '_execute_utilities'
2022-08-03 10:44:29: ERROR[Main]: 	/home/user/.minetest/mods/creatura-main/mob_meta.lua:793: in function </home/user/.minetest/mods/creatura-main/mob_meta.lua:769>

ElCeejo

by ElCeejo » Post

Make an issue on GitHub and I'll see about fixing it. I'm currently doing a complete re-write of the behavior code anyway.

ElCeejo

Animalia 0.4 is here!

by ElCeejo » Post

Following the new Art Style introduced by Draconis, Animalia has seen almost every texture completely remade. In addition, code quality and performance have been vastly improved. My own testing shows up an increase of up to 33%. The Predator Update is still a ways out, but I do have much planned and I'll hopefully be able to allocate more time to development with Draconis now set aside. I hope you all enjoy this update.

Jackknife

Re: [mod] Animalia [0.4] [animalia]

by Jackknife » Post

Is the animal libri book going
to be able to be stored in a bookshelf
In another update? I noticed that the text spacing in the book is all ran together and makes it difficult to read.

ElCeejo

Re: [mod] Animalia [0.4] [animalia]

by ElCeejo » Post

Text spacing is being worked on. Minetest is really bad at making formspecs work on different size screens so I'll have to come up with some solution myself.