[MOD] Void Chest [void_chest]

MeseCraft
GitHub: MeseCraft

[MOD] Void Chest [void_chest]

by MeseCraft » Post

Access your belongings anywhere by using the power of the void chest!

A chest that uses the mysterious power of the void to store your items remotely. All void chests appear to have the same inventory, so your inventory can be accessed from any void chest. Void chests can also be mined and picked up, even when they appear to have stuff in them. Lastly, as everyone gets their own void chest account, the items you see in the void chest are not the same items that other players see. This chest's properties make it nice for keeping secrets, as well as essentially almost doubling your inventory space, if you choose to carry one with you!

Recipe
Spoiler
Recipe for "default"

Recipe for "magic_materials"
While this is not a new concept, this is a simple implementation of it. There was much demand for backpacks in my server and I thought this was a more fun and more challenging way to implement the extra inventory concept. I tried to keep the recipe on the expensive side to balance cost with utility of this chest.

depends: default
optional_depends: magic_materials

ContentDB:
Source Code: https://www.notabug.org/mesecraft/void_chest
Download: https://www.notabug.org/mesecraft/void_ ... master.zip

License of source code
-------------------------------------
GPLv3

License of textures
void_chest_front.png, void_chest_side.png, void_chest_top.png by PixelBox Reloaded (WTFPL)
void_chest_void_particle.png by MisterE (CC-BY 4.0)

Credits and Ackowledgements
This mod is a fork of morechests, which itself is a fork of 0gb.us's mod called chests_0gb_us.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4366

The textures used for void chests are from jp's "xdecor" mod, which in turn are from the PixelBOX Reloaded texture pack for Minetest.
https://github.com/minetest-mods/xdecor
🌎 Website | ⛏️ MeseCraft Game | 📰 News | 🖌️ ContentDB

SciFurz

Very secure storage for storage

by SciFurz » Post

I love the portabity of the storage by creating an inventory tied to the player. Even if I lose everything, as long as I can reach one chest, I'll have it all.

I wanted to use different chests for different purposes though, so I did a quick hack on the code and copied the bits to generate four seperate chests (inventories), and already did some preliminary work on implementing fifteen different coloured chests in the way the travelnet boxes are coded via a template.

It also makes great storage for storage, by placing the seperate void chests in one, but even more by using it with microexpansion.
Although microexpansion only seems to really work with one drive case per controller since it ends up duplicating drives when more cases are linked together (hint: cheap item multiplier trick), I can use 10 64k drives to store 64k drives with items, which means I have a virtually unlimited and safe storage for over 4 billion items within one void chest. :-p
(8 billion when I store two complete drive sets in the chest)