[Mod]3d Armor - Fly and Swim (Player Animations)

sirrobzeroone

Re: [Mod]3d Armor - Fly and Swim (Player Animations)

by sirrobzeroone » Post

minor fix to git version, surprised no-one noticed armor effectiveness went to nearly 1/5 what it is normally with capes enabled :).

Git version updated, I'll wrap a new version shortly just trying to get enough fix's changes together and clean.

Edit: I'm also trying to figure out some way to remove capes from the "set" check without changing 3d_armor. So far no luck, if i can't fix that code wise i'll just add capes for each material type.

1faco
GitHub: minefaco
In-game: faco

by 1faco » Post

Isn't compatible with skinsdb :c

runs
GitHub: runsy

by runs » Post

1faco wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 19:51
No this mod fault. 3darmor perse is only compatible with the following skin mods: "skins", "simple_skins", "u_skins" and "wardrobe".
🤑 Patreon |Minetest Chat | 👧 Samantha | ⛏️ Juanchi Game | 🐱 Petz

sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Post

1faco wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 19:51
Runs nailed it :)

Saying that I am trying to do some fix's and feature adds to base 3d_armor. I could have just added those fix's to my mods ie this one, gloves and another I'm working on. But the functionality I believe is better if it's in the base 3d_armor mod as it has more generic application to anyone using 3d_armor - bare in mind all the below I'm still testing and tweaking.

Little fix - https://github.com/minetest-mods/3d_armor/issues/34
Another little tweak - https://github.com/minetest-mods/3d_armor/issues/30
bigger change - https://github.com/sirrobzeroone/3d_arm ... p/3d_armor

If you raise an issue under the base 3d_armor, then adding skinsdb support could be looked at by someone, if it looks easy enough to do I'll add it or if you have time yourself?.
https://github.com/minetest-mods/3d_armor/issues

Maybe something like "Add skinsdb support" as a title :)

Edit: There's also this little tidbit included in 3d_armor which might mean skinsdb needs to add support for 3d_armor - armor:update_skin(player_name) - I haven't looked into that just noted it was available.

ShadMOrdre
GitHub: ShadMOrdre
In-game: shadmordre

by ShadMOrdre » Post

At one point, stu, the creator of 3darmor, cobled together a collection of mods for the player. It included player_api, 3d_armor, clothing, character_creator, homedecor_wardrobe, multiskin, skin_admin, skins, skinsdb, and wieldview.

Whether it all worked, I can't remember. I recall numerous issues.

However, I did use the player_api mod, which was folded into MTG. I scrapped the rest, and found the appearance mod, by GreenDiamond iirc, and hacked that into 3d_armor. I now have a player that can change hair, eye, and skin color, as well as, shirt, belt, shoes, and pants color, while still using 3d_armor.

It's in my GAL project, in the mod gal. Here's a shortcut to the player code. https://github.com/ShadMOrdre/GAL/tree/ ... gal/player.

In my "hack" of 3d_armor, I embedded the armor api into a player object, gal.player.armor. I configure the armor from the gal_geology mod, the mod that provides the materials. I create the armor in lib_armor. While it may sound convoluted, it actually works very well, and certainly better than the original, with all the required materials mods lagging everything else.

To use gal proper, all you really need is the lib_gal, lib_geology, and lib_tools modpacks from the above referenced project.
MY MODS: lib_ecology lib_materials lib_clouds lib_node_shapes ---- Inspired By: Open Source Virtual World Simulator Opensimulator.

sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Post

That's really cool, I like the customisation level to the underlying character skin and the ability for players to customise.

1faco

by 1faco » Post

maybe you will add a cape with the "hanglider" effect?

1faco

by 1faco » Post

1faco wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 20:18
maybe you will add a cape with the "hanglider" effect?
I was made a PR for this.