[Mod] Wilhelmines Animal World [animalworld]

Liil

[Mod] Wilhelmines Animal World [animalworld]

by Liil » Post

This mod for Mobs Redo adds various animals to your Minetest world and makes it harder to survive, because of dangerous and strong beasts.
screenshot.png
screenshot.png (466.46 KiB) Viewed 6856 times
Available animals:

* Anteater
* Bat
* Bear
* Blackbird
* Boar
* Camel
* Carp
* Cobra
* Crab
* Crocodile
* Elephant
* Frog
* Gnu
* Hare
* Hippo
* Hyena
* Kangaroo
* Lobster
* Manatee
* Monitor Lizard
* Moose
* Nandu
* Owl
* Puffin
* Rat
* Reindeer
* Seal
* Shark
* Snow Leopard
* Spiders
* Squid
* Tiger
* Tortoise
* Toucan
* Trout
* Wolverine
* Vulture
* Yak

Dependencies: default, mobs

Github: https://github.com/Skandarella/Animal-World

Content DB: https://content.minetest.net/packages/Liil/animalworld/
Last edited by Liil on Mon Feb 08, 2021 18:29, edited 3 times in total.
cdb_xMf8awymgVmp

Adnunano

Re: [Mod] Wilhelmines Wildlife [wwildlife]

by Adnunano » Post

I love animal mobs so much.It makes minetest world not so dead.I will try to convert these mobs to mobkit.
NfAPhpmGaVphBjK8NIr9Mit5xNW2emD2

theGoodNeighbor

Re: [Mod] Wilhelmines Animal World [animalworld]

by theGoodNeighbor » Post

This looks promising for my zoo map. Are they placeable in creative mode? How do I download it?

Dragonop
GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

Lovely, the models are really well animated and textured, they are very nice! The AI is not particularly smart but that's on mobs_redo. Really enjoyed it, keep it up!

ywwv

by ywwv » Post

how come the spider only has two eyes?

cuthbertdoublebarrel
GitHub: cuthbert

by cuthbertdoublebarrel » Post

ywwv wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 09:27
how come the spider only has two eyes?
I imagine it must be a member of the Caponiidae family.
Project BrutalTest...hide your Petz

Liil

by Liil » Post

theGoodNeighbor wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 22:14
This looks promising for my zoo map. Are they placeable in creative mode? How do I download it?
You can download it from ContentDB now. They should be placeable in Creative Mode. But I often saw that they de-spawn randomly, it could be a problem to place them in a specific exhibit for a long time. Perhaps a mob spawning block would be a solution for this?
cuthbertdoublebarrel wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 14:35
I imagine it must be a member of the Caponiidae family.
I thought the same, until I realized that they have 2 more eyes on the side of the head:
spidereye.png
spidereye.png (85.71 KiB) Viewed 6856 times
Doesn't belong to any known family it seems ;)
cdb_xMf8awymgVmp

theGoodNeighbor

Liil wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 14:52
They should be placeable in Creative Mode. But I often saw that they de-spawn randomly, it could be a problem to place them in a specific exhibit for a long time. Perhaps a mob spawning block would be a solution for this?
Thanks, Liil. I was able to download the mod from the database. I tried many animals (which are all beautiful!) and only the crabs, dungeon/manatee (can't recall which it is) and blackbird stay in their exhibits. Spawning blocks would be great if they were disguised as each animal's biome floor and you could have the animal spawn on top of the node. :)

daret
GitHub: daretmavi
In-game: Daretmavi

by daret » Post

First look - wow

MeseCraft
GitHub: MeseCraft

by MeseCraft » Post

The models look really good. I'll test it out and might use it in a pack I am building for mobs. I try to keep everything high quality. Keep it up!
🌎 Website | ⛏️ MeseCraft Game | 📰 News | 🖌️ ContentDB

Liil

by Liil » Post

Update V 1.1

New animals:

-Anteater
-Bat
-Frog
-Gnu
-Hyena (Replaces Tiger in Savannah. Tiger now spawns in Jungle only)
-Cobra
-Lobster
-Monitor Lizard
-Owl (Beware! ;) )
-Puffin
-Rat
-Snow Leopard
-Squid
-Toucan
-Wolverine
-Vulture

I will not add new animals in the near future, I think it is enough now and the biomes should not be overcrowded with too many animals. I will focus on improving the actual mod content, compatibility with other mods, adding new recipes and if I'm able to manage it, spawning blocks for people who want to build a Zoo with this animals. New decor like trophy, carpets and furniture made from animals.
cdb_xMf8awymgVmp

theGoodNeighbor

Liil wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 18:32
...if I'm able to manage it, spawning blocks for people who want to build a Zoo with this animals...
Might it be easier to fix the problem with animals disappearing?

Liil

by Liil » Post

theGoodNeighbor wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 20:11
Might it be easier to fix the problem with animals disappearing?
I don't know how to fix this, I think it is part of Mobs Redo that mobs disappear after some time.

And even if they wouldn't disappear, the Zookeeper would have another problem: When an exhibit is designed with a specific floor, lets say Savannah Dirt with Savannah Grass and it should be an exhibit for Gnus, Hyenas will spawn in it, because its their nature to spawn on that nodes when my animalworld mod is activated.

But maybe I found a solution: There is a mob-spawner mod out there and I will create an offshoot of my existing animalworld mod, it will be Wilhemines Zooworld, a mod with the same animals, but they wont spawn in Biomes. Only on specific spawn blocks for people who want to build a Zoo.
cdb_xMf8awymgVmp

theGoodNeighbor

Liil wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 21:06
And even if they wouldn't disappear, the Zookeeper would have another problem: When an exhibit is designed with a specific floor, lets say Savannah Dirt with Savannah Grass and it should be an exhibit for Gnus, Hyenas will spawn in it, because its their nature to spawn on that nodes when my animalworld mod is activated.
I've been playing for weeks-worth of game days and I have not had hyenas or gnus spawn in my Petz elephant or Petz lion exhibits. They have only savanna grass and some savanna foliage in there. The only animals from your mod that spawn in my game are moose, blackbirds, camels (in the camel exhibit, but they easily escape ...), anteaters, bats, hares, king cobra, and vultures. Nothing else has spawned.
Liil wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 21:06
But maybe I found a solution: There is a mob-spawner mod out there and I will create an offshoot of my existing animalworld mod, it will be Wilhemines Zooworld, a mod with the same animals, but they wont spawn in Biomes. Only on specific spawn blocks for people who want to build a Zoo.
Sounds fair. Thanks!

theGoodNeighbor

theGoodNeighbor wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 15:08
I've been playing for weeks-worth of game days and I have not had hyenas or gnus spawn in my Petz elephant or Petz lion exhibits. They have only savanna grass and some savanna foliage in there. The only animals from your mod that spawn in my game are moose, blackbirds, camels (in the camel exhibit, but they easily escape ...), anteaters, bats, hares, king cobra, and vultures. Nothing else has spawned.
Okay, I went into another map, explored that world and found a lot more of your animals in various biomes.

Liil

by Liil » Post

Sad News: I worked on it today many hours and everything is ready for Release, all animals can spawn near a specific node, but I got the same bug as others get with this mod: viewtopic.php?t=10555

“minetest.chat_send_all(minetest.get_node_light(npos))" didnt worked for me.

I found no solution to fix that, so there will be no Zoo mod by me in the near future and I will focus on other projects and the existing Animal World.

If you want I can upload the mod, but it crashes after some time with the error message.
cdb_xMf8awymgVmp

theGoodNeighbor

Liil,

So sorry to hear all that hard work went to waste! I wish I could offer advise, but I know nothing about LUA or Minetest mods. When you're ready to look into it again, I still think you could find a way to keep the mobs from disappearing. For a start, only certain animals disappear. Next, it's not a Mobs_Redo thing, because the horses and other farm animals made for it don't disappear. Lastly, have you asked around concerning this bug? This seems like a helpful forum full of knowledgeable people. At least one person might have an idea where things are going wrong.

Don't rush yourself. It's okay. I'm very pleased with your animals, both the ones that pop up randomly and the ones that will stay in my zoo. Good work. :)

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

by philipbenr » Post

theGoodNeighbor wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 15:04
Don't rush yourself. It's okay. I'm very pleased with your animals, both the ones that pop up randomly and the ones that will stay in my zoo. Good work. :)
I echo this sentiment. You've made a really impressive mod in a very short time span, so don't overwork yourself and burn out. Make sure development is still fun.

Adnunano

by Adnunano » Post

Don't worry.After i port these to mobkit,they will function better and they won't have that issue.
NfAPhpmGaVphBjK8NIr9Mit5xNW2emD2

sirrobzeroone
GitHub: sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Post

Hey Liil awesome mod I just noticed some of the issues your having not sure if any of this info might help I apologise if you have already tried all this:

mobs redo does come with its own internal spawner, looks like a blue box you can click on and configuer to spawn whatever is registered. I havent tried specifically with your awesome animal World mod but it should work and you could simply make an add on mod to create specific carpet shaped animals spawners - check spawner.lua under the mobs redo folder, Tenplus1 even configured it with a default which might help also.

I vaguly recall for mobs redo that when mobs are tamed they no longer despawn, although they shouldnt really despawn so long as you haven't overriden the defaults in the "animal".lua files - theres a heap in the mobs redo api.txt which might help you out.

Edit: Did some playing around, manually spawning a mob in using an egg/picture seems to make the mob persistant or more persistant (I couldnt make those despawn) - I also used the name tag on them and that made them stick around. Any spawned by spawner will despawn but then potentially spawn back in once the abm triggers and I would guess assuming you havent exceeded the mob cap for the chunk. I played around with the spawner and fairly easy to turn it into a plant, you could use override item in your mod to do that...kind of cool makes it harder to spot and gave me some ideas for dungeons :). Happy to help further if I can :)

Edit2: forgot to say you can adjust the settings on the abm so they spawn in small radius.

Liil

by Liil » Post

@Sirrobzeroone
Thank you, the spawblocks work! I will try to make a Zoo mod with this in the near future. But first another animal mod will be released in the next days. This animals will be suitable for a Zoo too, and i want them to be integrated in the upcoming Zoo Mod.
cdb_xMf8awymgVmp

Liil

by Liil » Post

V.1.4

New Update out now! “Creepy Crawlers Update” introduces a bunch of small animals to the mod and some new items.

New animals:

Ants + Anthill, Diving Beetle, Dragonfly + Nymph, Goby, Golden Mole, Locust, Notoptera, Olm, Scorpion, Seahorse, Snail, Termites + Termite Mound, Tree Lobster, Wasps + Nest

Also includes new Hippo model + animation, spawning fixes for some animals and Collision Box fixes.
cdb_xMf8awymgVmp

Liil

by Liil » Post

Update V 1.5

The “Trophy Hunters Update” adds trophy and furniture like pelts, stools, curtains and pillows made from animals.
To craft them you need to get an intact animal corpse, but they don't drop at every kill, they are rare and require some grind.
update15.jpg
update15.jpg (413.84 KiB) Viewed 6856 times
cdb_xMf8awymgVmp

Sumi

by Sumi » Post

Does this mod allow for taming animals? If so, how is done as there are no instructions provided with the mod.

Thanks and great mod!

Liil

by Liil » Post

Yes, many animals can be tamed by feeding them, some cannot. Same goes for breeding. Carnivores can be fed too, but will never get tame.

The food depends on the natural food source of the animal. Example:

Anteater = Ants and Termites
Crab = Raw Fish
Hare = Lettuce
Carp = Fish Food
Olm = Worm

There are more things you can feed most animals then only one, but people should discover this on their own ;)
cdb_xMf8awymgVmp