[Mod] equippable_accessories v0.3 (3D accessories you can equip for looks and stat bonuses)

davidthecreator
GitHub: daviddoesminetest
In-game: DavidDoesMinetest

Re: [Mod] equippable_accessories v0.3 (3D accessories you can equip for looks and stat bonuses)

by davidthecreator » Post

MisterE wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 01:25
So I want to change this mod so that I can have different types of attacks, and the armor will respond differently to each. Like: Blunt, slash, penetrate, etc.

Is that possible? What would I need to change/add?
No idea for now...

And for future, I don't have any better idea than just implementing support for changing player's armor groups... Which would allow to reduce damage from a certain damage group by a percentage, but would not be able to keep the intervention of defense stat away and would make the player completely invulnerable to 1 point of damage from a certain damage group if the player has that armor group reduced by any amount... And possibly completely invulnerable to even higher damage from a certain group with even greater reduction of a certain armor group...

Bag0Cheese
In-game: BagoCheese

Re: [Mod] equippable_accessories v0.3 (3D accessories you can equip for looks and stat bonuses)

by Bag0Cheese » Post

it does not work anymore
You know the rules and so do I, SAY GOODBYE

davidthecreator

WDYM?

MisterE
GitHub: MisterE123
IRC: MisterE
In-game: MisterE

by MisterE » Post

I have a feature request: an option in settingtypes to allow the armor to take damage and useful accessories to wear with use, along with a float multiplier for how fast it takes damage (wears).
Also, I would like an option for accessories to be placed in bones if the bones mod is present.
Also, If you wouldn't mind, have a setting that tones down the flashyness of the mod: it removes wings, halos, and horns, and it uses a model without horns for mithril and molten helmets.

That last one I can do myself if you are unwilling. Thank you if you decide to implement these.

davidthecreator

MisterE wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 01:22
I have a feature request: an option in settingtypes to allow the armor to take damage and useful accessories to wear with use, along with a float multiplier for how fast it takes damage (wears).
Also, I would like an option for accessories to be placed in bones if the bones mod is present.
Also, If you wouldn't mind, have a setting that tones down the flashyness of the mod: it removes wings, halos, and horns, and it uses a model without horns for mithril and molten helmets.

That last one I can do myself if you are unwilling. Thank you if you decide to implement these.
-Accessories taking damage: Will consider adding that when I feel like working on my mods again and make an update for this one. (Will obviously only work for tool-based accessories though... While blocks and craftitems can be used as accessories, they will not support durability...)

-option to remove "flashy" accessories: not even gonna bother doing that, as the main idea of this mod is to add wearable items that can have any model, rather than being limited to a different player model with texture overlays... If you want less "flashy" equipment, use 3D armor.

-Option to have accessories dropped into player bones: since there's almost as much accessory slots as main inventory slots and there's also dye and vanity inventory... fitting them into a bone block might be difficult, so I might only add dropping accessories on the ground on death, or try to make this mod tinker with bones to give the bone block a bigger inventory...

MisterE

by MisterE » Post

thx for the reply! I will wait for this. I want to have this mod on my survival server :)

also, I get an error... to replicate, place the mithril helmet in the helmet slot, close the formspec, open it again, and remove the helmet. The error has to do with changing the max hp

about flashiness: I like it flashy but not excessively so. My opinion; ill put in the work to change it to my tastes.

about bones: dropping excess accessiories that don't fit in the boes block would work for me. in my game, bags will drop on the ground too

thank you!

davidthecreator

MisterE wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 17:06

also, I get an error... to replicate, place the mithril helmet in the helmet slot, close the formspec, open it again, and remove the helmet. The error has to do with changing the max hp
The error does not happen to me...

Can you show me the error screen, so I can have a better clue of what exactly might have crashed?

And just in case, tell me if you are using any other mods that might somehow react to player's HP changing?

MisterE

by MisterE » Post

equipaccesserror.png
equipaccesserror.png (37.56 KiB) Viewed 1388 times
ok, yeah I definitely was using other mods that would react to the change in hp... Im using the game mesecraft
https://notabug.org/MeseCraft/mesecraft

you can see the mods that are in the game...

in fact, I can see from the error that the error is from hudbars. IDK if you want to support this, or if it is an error inherent to hudbars.

Hudbars:
viewtopic.php?t=11153

davidthecreator

MisterE wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:54
equipaccesserror.png

ok, yeah I definitely was using other mods that would react to the change in hp... Im using the game mesecraft
https://notabug.org/MeseCraft/mesecraft

you can see the mods that are in the game...

in fact, I can see from the error that the error is from hudbars. IDK if you want to support this, or if it is an error inherent to hudbars.

Hudbars:
viewtopic.php?t=11153
It has something to do with how hudbars mod reacts to max HP changing to a lower value...

So I think it's the hudbars mod that needs a fix...

I doubt there's a way I can prevent it from my mod...

MisterE

by MisterE » Post

so I thought of a way to include accessories in bones without expanding the bones inv: create an item that can hold accessories. in fact, let it be craftable, (by placing any two items it the group "accessories" or the container item and one accessory, in the craftgrid, to create a container item that now contains the accessory(s)) and let it list what accessories it contains in the description metadata. it will be an easy way for players to sell or transfer sets of accessories. When a player dies, all their accessories are put into this item, and that is put into the bones. it will use less bones space than 3d armor!

Komodo
GitHub: MeseCraft
In-game: Komodo

by Komodo » Post

I've been wanting this for awhile and just figured I'd have to code it myself at some point. Bookmarked for later integration.
🌎 Website | 🌲 MeseCraft Game | 📰 News | 🖌️ ContentDB

Nota

by Nota » Post

I finally built the speed boots it doesn't seem to be making me any faster, even with .25 speed increase. Come to think of it, not noticing any effect from the armor value either, even with a full set of steel.

I like the mod though, worth it even for the looks alone!

Podo

by Podo » Post

This mod is amazing please updates or someone who takes care of updates and keeps the mod running
cdb_2049351dc8e7