[Mod] Wilhelmines Living Nether [livingnether]

Liil

[Mod] Wilhelmines Living Nether [livingnether]

by Liil » Post

This mod for Mobs Redo adds various creatures to the Nether Mod by PilzAdam.
screenshot.png
(559.46 KiB) Not downloaded yet
After activating this Mod, the Nether will be a High-End-Zone for advanced and well armored/weaponized players!

Available creatures:

* Cyst
* Flying Rods
* Lava Walker
* Razorback
* Secret Boss
* Soka Archer
* Soka Meele
* Tardigrade
* Flesh Whip

Github: https://github.com/Skandarella/Living-Nether

Content DB: Waiting for approval
cdb_xMf8awymgVmp

1faco
GitHub: minefaco
In-game: faco

Re: [Mod] Wilhelmines Living Nether [livingnether]

by 1faco » Post

i can't see any texture :(.

minetest 5.4 candidate release 1

Bastrabun

by Bastrabun » Post

Happens to me on linux, too, both on 5.3.0 and 5.4.0 on OpenGL 4.5.0

On Windows (OpenGL 4.4.0), the textures show on a 5.3.0 client

Two more things:

1. Could you rename the repo to livingnether, just as it is in the mod.conf?

2. Could you make the y value the mobs appear in configurable? As in nether_floor and nether_ceiling ?

However, those mobs will totally go on my server, we're testing them right now. Thanks!

duckgo
In-game: duckgo

by duckgo » Post

I really liked their mobs, give them an extra life in the nether, they are really fun, congratulations XD

So, it would be nice if the mobs had a drop of something rare and that only they have, especially the Boss .. but that can stay for the future .. Thanks!
cdb_qU1abebFAO3jCksTRdqbXRv1P8DHVu8M

duckgo
In-game: duckgo

by duckgo » Post

I really liked their mobs, give them an extra life in the nether, they are really fun, congratulations XD

So, it would be nice if the mobs had a drop of something rare and that only they have, especially the Boss .. but that can stay for the future .. Thanks!
cdb_qU1abebFAO3jCksTRdqbXRv1P8DHVu8M

Liil

by Liil » Post

1faco wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 22:49
i can't see any texture :(.
Have you activated the Shaders Option? Without it the textures on the models will not be displayed correctly.

There was once an issue with that: https://github.com/Skandarella/animalworld/issues/1
Bastrabun wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 22:55
1. Could you rename the repo to livingnether, just as it is in the mod.conf?
Done!
Bastrabun wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 22:55
2. Could you make the y value the mobs appear in configurable? As in nether_floor and nether_ceiling ?
I don't know how to do that. What do I have to do to make that work?
duckgo wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 09:51
Some day in the future there will be an update for this mod and the animal mod with new items, specially designed, but for now I'm only populating the three Zones of the Minetest World with life.

Prepare for the Floatlands ;)
cdb_xMf8awymgVmp

1faco
GitHub: minefaco
In-game: faco

by 1faco » Post

Liil wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 14:31

Have you activated the Shaders Option? Without it the textures on the models will not be displayed correctly.
Thanks, now it works.

MisterE
GitHub: MisterE123
IRC: MisterE
In-game: MisterE

by MisterE » Post

If it is ok with you, I would like to request the .blend files... for the implementation I have in mind (on a server), we need any clients to be able to view the models. So I would like to see what I could to to "fix" them.

Thanks for considering

Liil

by Liil » Post

You can try to fix it, I uploaded one model:

Datei von filehorst.de laden

If it works, I can upload all models.

The bug is not related to my animals alone, it happens with betterfauna too if Shaders are off:
betterfauna.png
(582.4 KiB) Not downloaded yet
cdb_xMf8awymgVmp

MisterE

by MisterE » Post

Ok, I see 2 problems with the model.

For minetest, the file should have exactly 2 objects, no more no less: the model, and the armature.

That means, you need to join the model's objects together. Currently, each box is a object. They need to be joined together into a single object. Then, you make a vertex group for each component of the model that needs to be animated. Example: leg_front_right, leg_front_left, etc etc... . Then you need to UV unwrap the model, and assign textures to it if you are using more than one texture in the same model; otherwise, you need to edit the UV so that the texture is properly wrapped. Then, to animate, you have to make your armature (1 armature with several bones), and the bones must be named the same as the vertex groups that they should control. then, you parent the entire model object to the entire armature object [with empty groups].

I will see about fixing this model, but it would be best if you could learn to model this way, that way your excellent models wont need fixing :D

I believe that this is the problem, as my models do get displayed correctly, I think. Here are some models that I have made, that you can use for comparison. they are CC0:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=25134

All the git files include the .blend file, open it up and look at how the model is done, with the vertex groups, and the armature, and the parenting, and the UV unwrapping.
Last edited by MisterE on Sun Feb 21, 2021 01:25, edited 1 time in total.

MisterE

by MisterE » Post

Ok, fixing the model is easy... the EXTREMELY hard part would be keeping the animation. I tried lots of ways... and spent hours on research and trial and error to keep the animations. The problem is that when you join the bones, they lose their animations. The best I can come up with is to have a copy of the old armatures, and copy the animation key frame (when you paste them into the new bones, you must have at least 1 keyframe already assigned to the bone, or it wont work) -- when you paste the animations, something always goes wrong, and your animations come out funny. Whatever, its better than doing the whole thing again (maybe). So...

Here is a video detailing how to fix the mobs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko_Q7Tt4-mM

that will take one of your mobs whose textures disappear on Linux, and, following the same process, will make a model which has textures that will be visible in linux. Then you have to re-animate the model, and export it.

Here are my files:
https://github.com/MisterE123/camel

the .b3d is there so you can see that it works. Like I said, the animations are messed up and have to be redone.

the .blend is already fixed, and ready to animate.

In the future: here is how to make the model work:
1) only use 1 object, and 1 armature.

Enter edit mode on the object to change it (you can add objects in edit mode, and they will be part of the same object)

enter edit mode on the armature and use shift-A to add bones in the same armature. select a bone, then select another bone, then use ctrl-p to parent the first bone to the second.

assign vertices in the model object to vertex groups... name these, then name the bones in your armature the same. The bones will then control the vertex groups when you parent the armature to the object in the next step.

2) parent the armature to the model.
Select the model, then shift-select the armature, then press ctrl-p to parent the two. Select [with Empty Groups] in the menu that pops up

3) When animating, select the armature, then enter pose mode if not already in it. There, you can move the individual bones and set keyframes.

-----------
A suggestion... look up how to use keyframe markers or figure it our yourself. It really helps with keeping track of what animation is which