[Mod] Wilhelmines Living Floatlands [livingfloatlands]

Liil

[Mod] Wilhelmines Living Floatlands [livingfloatlands]

by Liil » Post

This mod for Mobs Redo adds various prehistoric animals to the Floatlands, a Zone only available in V7 Map Generator. To enter the Floatlands you have to build a tower or stairs with the height of at least 1280 nodes(The Beginning of the Floatlands Zone)
screenshot.png
screenshot.png (572.27 KiB) Viewed 1258 times
These Mobs are hard to beat, so be sure you and your folks are well equipped, if entering the Floatlands.

Available animals:

* Ankylosaurus
* Carnotaurus
* Cave Bear
* Deinotherium
* Entelodon
* Gastornis
* Gigantopithecus
* Lycaenops
* Mammooth
* Nigersaurus
* Oviraptor
* Parasaurolophus
* Rhamphorhynchus
* Smilodon
* Stegosaurus
* Triceratops
* Tyrannosaurus
* Velociraptor
* Wild Horse
* Woolly Rhino

Github: https://github.com/Skandarella/livingfloatlands

Content DB: https://content.minetest.net/packages/L ... loatlands/
Last edited by Liil on Tue Mar 02, 2021 07:45, edited 1 time in total.
cdb_xMf8awymgVmp

Liil

Re: [Mod] Wilhelmines Living Floatlands [livingfloatlands]

by Liil » Post

I am not satisfied with the movement of the large animals like T-Rex, Parasaurolophus and Nigersaurus, they always stuck on slopes and trees. I tried to give them more step height, but this results that they get the ability to walk on top of the trees and I don't want that. Enhancing jump height does not better the situation.

Perhaps it is best to degrade them to dwarf versions of the large animals to make it possible to move better for them. What do you think, should they be shrunken?
cdb_xMf8awymgVmp

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

by philipbenr » Post

I personally think larger ones are nice.

And tbh, they likely should only exist on plains and flat areas anyway, as that is how the animals are, (though I don't know how easy spawning those under certain conditions would be).

Its up to you in the end, but I'd like to see the large ones.

daret
GitHub: daretmavi
In-game: Daretmavi

by daret » Post

I vote for larger ones.

Liil

by Liil » Post

New version with Collision Box fixes is out now, this should prevent large animals from climbing trees. Better movement, lesser chance to stuck for all animals. It was required to make Collision Boxes lower and narrower, now you have to hit at the legs and feet of the large animals, if you want to fight them.
cdb_xMf8awymgVmp

j0j0n4th4n

by j0j0n4th4n » Post

Do you plan on expanding on the animals? If you do, consider adding the Paraceratherium (biggest mammal known) and the Argentavis (biggest bird known)
cdb_894a100ddd76

Liil

by Liil » Post

These animals would be great additions!

One day I will continue this mod and I will add them both.
First I wanted to add Haasts Eagle for the first release, but I decided better to add Rhamphorhynchus.
Argentavis is much cooler then Haarsts Eagle I think, I will add this giant vulture.
I know Paraceratherium under the name Indrigotherium, and I think it is a great addition for savannas.

I don't know how exactly the future of this mod will look like, perhaps it is a good idea to discuss here and get some ideas.
In Animalworld I added some furniture and trophies made from animals, but in Living Floatlands something more special would be nice. A Tyrannsaurus trophy as an example is very big and not so decorative.

I the Palaeolithic the inhabitants of the northern hemisphere build houses out of mammooth teeth and whale bones, so bone building blocks could be an addition. Thin walls made out of skin (made from mobs:leather) known from Palaeolithic era would be another idea.

Another idea comes from the fact that the floatlands don't have ancient flora, so ancient seeds to cultivate could be an idea.

Another idea I once expressed was the floatlands boss. He is something existing in a very known comedy film from the 70s and you have to get tyrannosaurus teeth, a diamond and a chest to summon him, but what should he drop? What's so special about his loot?

Just add some ideas ;)
cdb_xMf8awymgVmp

j0j0n4th4n

by j0j0n4th4n » Post

Liil wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 15:16
I don't know how exactly the future of this mod will look like, perhaps it is a good idea to discuss here and get some ideas.
I like the idea of ancient flora as well, ancient plants is something underappreciated by media depiction of prehistory, I also like the bone block idea perhaps you could expand on that and vary the bones to create a fossil museum?

This mod give me a Lost World kind of vibe, so one goal may be to categorize each species in some kind of tome? Like, you scan the mob in some way and if you have a mod specific book it unlock one entry about the mob, I dunno sounds educative and a bit in line with the collecting theme.

About the boss, I think you should set for a tone first, petz has a focus on the cute side of animals, better fauna focus more on realistic behavior, draconis lean a lot on game of thrones type of dragons. What does your mod intend to be? I think it may be better to have a clear picture before deciding what the boss will be.
cdb_894a100ddd76

Liil

by Liil » Post

j0j0n4th4n wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 16:56
you could expand on that and vary the bones to create a fossil museum?
I like that idea of exhibition skeletons.
j0j0n4th4n wrote:
Like, you scan the mob in some way and if you have a mod specific book it unlock one entry about the mob, I dunno sounds educative and a bit in line with the collecting theme.

Why scan? That is too easy! They can drop it after death :D Or: scanning and this does not only provide a tome with info, but the tome is part of a recipe for pictures of lets say tyrannosaurus, little tyrannosaurus sculpture and tyrannosaurus cookies.
j0j0n4th4n wrote:
I think it may be better to have a clear picture before deciding what the boss will be.
I know what he is, but I wont tell, the people should discover for themselves when he is integrated one day ;) The question is more: What special item should a boss drop?
Hmm perhaps a flying mount the reach the floatlands easily?
cdb_xMf8awymgVmp

Liil

by Liil » Post

New Update is out, with different versions for the Floatlands and Midworld.

With update V 1.2 this mod has now its own prehistoric biomes (Coldsteppe, Giantforest, Cold Giantforest, Paleodesert, Paleojungle)

There is a GROUND version available for the mapgens which do not include floatlands (Caparthian, Valleys). This edition spawns biomes and dinosaurs in the Midworld.

The V7 edition is for those, who only want to have dinosaurs and biomes in the floatlands without adding biomes and dinosaurs to the Midworld.
cdb_xMf8awymgVmp

j0j0n4th4n

by j0j0n4th4n » Post

Does it support mods who change mapgen like Ethereal, 30biomes or mapgen_rivers? Or they don't work together?
cdb_894a100ddd76

Liil

by Liil » Post

j0j0n4th4n wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 15:50
Does it support mods who change mapgen like Ethereal, 30biomes or mapgen_rivers? Or they don't work together?
I have tested it for you. Yes, it does work with Ethereal, 30 Biomes and Mapgen Rivers.
cdb_xMf8awymgVmp

Liil

by Liil » Post

This mod now has its own doors:
Also Living Desert and Living Jungle have their own doors now:
cdb_xMf8awymgVmp