[Discarded Mod] testventure

davidthecreator
GitHub: daviddoesminetest
In-game: DavidDoesMinetest

[Discarded Mod] testventure

by davidthecreator » Post

A mod that I started working on back at MT v 0.4.XX days, but ended up discarding, due to learning to implement some of the features it has in better ways and starting a new and better project as a game and not a mod instead. (not yet posted and might not be any time soon, as it still needs a lot of work to be playable)

this mod is greatly inspired by terraria and it adds some underground biomes, lots of new weapons, armor and other items, new mobs, potions, a spreading biome (kinda like terraria's corruptions/crimson), a fake extra HP system that allows you to increase your HP above 20 using some consumables (player's Max HP could not be changed back when I started working on this mod... so I had to make an alternative...) and some other features

I have no plans to work on this mod ever again and I might not even remeber what exactly I added to it, as I stopped working on it aq while ago and only made a few small cahnges to it, so it works with mt 5.4.

this mod might not have very great performance and theres a possibility that it might even have crashes. I'm only posting it so it does not go to a complete waste, in case someone wants to check it out for themselves and try playing it... as unfinished as it is, it does have some gameplay and progression... And since I don't plan to work on it anymore, you could also try to reuse the mods features for your own creations or even try to continue the whole mod's development by yourself if you feel like this mod had great potential.

license: WTFPL
depends: default, bucket, mana(viewtopic.php?t=11154), tnt, 3d_armor(viewtopic.php?t=4654), mobs(viewtopic.php?t=9917), playereffects(viewtopic.php?t=9689)
optional depens: flowers, mobs_monster

you can find it here
https://github.com/daviddoesminetest/testventure

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

Re: [Discarded Mod] testventure

by philipbenr » Post

Even if it is incomplete, your first screenshot is darn pretty.

MCL
GitHub: MCLx86
IRC: migdyn
In-game: singleplayer

by MCL » Post

Pretty nice mod, just have one question though, why is it under WTFPL instead of lets say CC0?
2014-02-14 - 2024-02-14 TEN YEARS OF MCL

davidthecreator
GitHub: daviddoesminetest
In-game: DavidDoesMinetest

by davidthecreator » Post

MHL wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 23:27
Pretty nice mod, just have one question though, why is it under WTFPL instead of lets say CC0?
Whatever allows people to do whatever they want with the mod.

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

by philipbenr » Post

MHL wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 23:27
This is not really a justification for WTFPL but rather a plausible reasoning for not CC0

https://creativecommons.org/faq/#can-i- ... o-software

MCL
GitHub: MCLx86
IRC: migdyn
In-game: singleplayer

by MCL » Post

WTFPL doesn't have a warranty clause, and is a rather bad license in my opinion. I would recommend using either the X license or CC0 for your mods.
2014-02-14 - 2024-02-14 TEN YEARS OF MCL