[Mod] Native Villages [nativevillages][v0.5]

Liil

[Mod] Native Villages [nativevillages][v0.5]

by Liil » Post

Native Villages is an Add-on for People(Mod) that places sparingly distributed settlements over the landscape of jungle, savanna, coastal forest, desert, grassland and ice sheet biomes.
screenshot.png
screenshot.png (576.02 KiB) Viewed 5565 times
Every settlement has its own inhabitants, but not all are friendly and like to trade. The Jungle People, also known as Cannibals don't like to trade at all and will always attack. A similar aggressive tribe is the Desert People, but there is one exemption, the slave trader.
Hated by their own people, they live in constant fear of their own kind who want to prevent the slave trade and hunt every slave trader they can spot. The slave traders sell you special profession NPCs who can breed special animals, entertain you, or interact as soldiers.

Friendly tribes include the Icelanders, they trade meat, leather and wool for iron lumps. There is sometimes a special trader to find in their villages that sells dogs and sledges for steel ingots.

The Lake People live in the coastal regions of forests where they breed fishes, collect pearls and farming salt, they love rare southern goods like sugar or bananas.

The Grasslanders are the inhabitants of the desolate plains, they are cattle herders, also talented blacksmiths and need imported grain products like bread to survive. Sometimes little altars can be found near their settlements, which are inhabited by witches. These wise, but also mad woman trade two special items for a diamond. Rumours say these items are "Sweet, but deadly too!"

The dry savanna is the home of the Savanna People, known for their ability to tame lions, but this is a knowledge, that they will never give to strangers. If you want your deceased loved ones back, maybe the legendary Witch Doctor can help you, but perhaps you just came to the savanna lands to trade pearls for vegetables and coffee beans.

There is much more to discover, you can find out yourself, or read the guide.

Known Issues:

-Lake Villagers jump into water, although I have set them to get water damage, what should prevent them from doing. Perhaps it has something to do with the ladders or height of the buildings.

-Buildings spawn in unaesthetic places like sides of mountains and hills, on top of cliffs. This problem can only be fixed with a specific written code for schematic placement, what I am not able to at the moment.

Github: https://github.com/Skandarella/nativevillages

Content DB: https://content.minetest.net/packages/L ... evillages/
cdb_xMf8awymgVmp

daret
GitHub: daretmavi
In-game: Daretmavi

Re: [Mod] Native Villages [nativevillages][v0.5]

by daret » Post

Nice mod.
It looks really great.

I found one more issue. You can not open chest, bookcase, ... places by schematic.

It looks like this issue
https://github.com/minetest/minetest_game/issues/1926
- looks like engine devs are ignoring this issue and "Won't add" the solution to the engine
- you have to add some code for on_construct, on_rightclick or ABM or somethink ... not sure

pjinva

by pjinva » Post

Any idea on how to interact with the villagers? All I ever can do is hit/attack them. How do I "trade" or "talk" to them? I've not found any items they will "accept"... I'm just assaulting them with fruit and food items - and they get mad... so I just kill everyone in self defense or run away.

pjinva

by pjinva » Post

Any idea on how to interact with the villagers? All I ever can do is hit/attack them. How do I "trade" or "talk" to them? I've not found any items they will "accept"... I'm just assaulting them with fruit and food items - and they get mad... so I just kill everyone in self defense or run away.

Liil

by Liil » Post

Trading items are described in the guide: https://github.com/Skandarella/nativevi ... /guide.txt
cdb_xMf8awymgVmp

pjinva

by pjinva » Post

It describes "what" to trade... not "how". Do I just drop the item in front of the villager? I can only hit and attack them with items, I can't "give" or "trade" anything by clicking. Is there a button to press? I'm just hitting the fishing villager with bananas - and they don't like it.

Liil

by Liil » Post

Select the item in your inventory, go in front of the villager, press right mouse button, the villager should drop an item.
cdb_xMf8awymgVmp

ronoaldo
GitHub: ronoaldo
IRC: ronoaldo
In-game: RonoaldoKakashi

by ronoaldo » Post

Hi nice mod!

Not sure if by design, but the textures for some items seems resized somehow... Is there a way to customize them? Like creating an override? Also, would you accept a pull request for them, I have some friends that know how to make very interesting ones.

Thanks for the mod, working great on my server ๐Ÿ˜Š
Servers: Mercurio | Tools: ContentDB CLI | Mods: minenews

ronoaldo
GitHub: ronoaldo
IRC: ronoaldo
In-game: RonoaldoKakashi

by ronoaldo » Post

ronoaldo wrote: โ†‘
Mon Sep 06, 2021 00:59
Hi nice mod!

Not sure if by design, but the textures for some items seems resized somehow... Is there a way to customize them? Like creating an override? Also, would you accept a pull request for them, I have some friends that know how to make very interesting ones.

Thanks for the mod, working great on my server ๐Ÿ˜Š
Kindly disregard my comment: I was using a minetest client setting that messed up textures :( - it's all perfect now!
Servers: Mercurio | Tools: ContentDB CLI | Mods: minenews

FrostTheLionCat

by FrostTheLionCat » Post

Really Cool mod!!
but Villages or Villagers don't spawn naturally for me sadly
cdb_55e935e0b607

duckgo
In-game: duckgo

by duckgo » Post

Hello Liil, first of all thank you for the mod, and I've been following it since the beginning, and I always thought it was amazing, but I still see that there are missing loots in the chests.. recently I was looking for some ways to solve this easily because I'm a noob, and I found some good references.. one of them was on Lord of the test and I did it this way: https://codeberg.org/duckgo/survivetest ... s/loot.lua
I hope it's not a problem that I got the reference hehe..

Another good option is to use this Loot mod : https://content.minetest.net/packages/Byakuren/loot/

Which from what I saw is the same thing as the reference I used in the first link, but it can be useful, and I hope it works, because with that, your mod will be perfect and everyone will love it, hugs friend, keep creating new things: )
๐ŸŽฎ Nice Texture ๐ŸŽฎ Mods ๐ŸŽฎ youtube channel ๐ŸŽฎ

Liil

by Liil » Post

Thanks for the hint Duckgo!

I will deal with that problem next week. It looks like I will have to replace the chests in the houses with new ones, so I have to update my schematics. This will take some time.
cdb_xMf8awymgVmp

duckgo

by duckgo » Post

Liil wrote: โ†‘
Sun Feb 26, 2023 20:19
Thanks for the hint Duckgo!

I will deal with that problem next week. It looks like I will have to replace the chests in the houses with new ones, so I have to update my schematics. This will take some time.
yes, if you are going to implement it in the same way, you will have a lot of work ahead of you, but it will be very good, as I said, it will be perfect *_*

Liil

by Liil » Post

Sadly, it doesent work with the survietest code. The chests work when placed with the loot spawner manually, but if they are part of a schematic, the spawning houses again only contain empty chests like before.
It seems to be a Minetest engine problem. The content of chests is not stored, if transformed into a schematic.

I will have a look at the second option soon.
cdb_xMf8awymgVmp

duckgo

by duckgo » Post

Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:32
Sadly, it doesent work with the survietest code. The chests work when placed with the loot spawner manually, but if they are part of a schematic, the spawning houses again only contain empty chests like before.
It seems to be a Minetest engine problem. The content of chests is not stored, if transformed into a schematic.

I will have a look at the second option soon.
strange with me it works, but I have to manually put it really, and when I did that, I had to change the block not of type ar , and put the abm in comment so as not to turn the blocks into loot chests when I enter the world that I create the schemes, it's a bit boring and laborious really, but that's what worked ... the other option is pretty much the same thing :/

Liil

by Liil » Post

And here comes the Windows problem again :/

I cannot manually edit the schematics, becuause I cannto convert them, without damaging the files.
On a Windows system there is a problem converting .mts to .lua and backwards.
All files converted on a Windows system create errors and cannot be used ingame.
Because of this problem, I mad a extra mod to make leaf decay for my mods with trees working.

But I have a solution that I already used in Marinara: I will create loot chests that look similar to normal chests, but they are blocks. When you dig them, they will drop items and a normal chest. I think this would be a good solution for the problem.
cdb_xMf8awymgVmp

duckgo

by duckgo » Post

Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:53
And here comes the Windows problem again :/

I cannot manually edit the schematics, becuause I cannto convert them, without damaging the files.
On a Windows system there is a problem converting .mts to .lua and backwards.
All files converted on a Windows system create errors and cannot be used ingame.
Because of this problem, I mad a extra mod to make leaf decay for my mods with trees working.

But I have a solution that I already used in Marinara: I will create loot chests that look similar to normal chests, but they are blocks. When you dig them, they will drop items and a normal chest. I think this would be a good solution for the problem.
๐Ÿค” I haven't used windows in a while, I didn't even know I had these problems..
I use the "Schematic Editor" mod, it's simple and practical, but this could be a solution, if I find another better way, I'll share it here forum ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

Liil

by Liil » Post

I have updated the mod. Now chests in native houses can be chopped with an axe(Stone is minimum) and random drops are available.

I also reduced the explosion radius of exploding toads. They should be an alternative to creeper, but I think lesser damage is better, to prevent too much damage on the environment and buildings. Also are exploding toads often the reason for forest fires, this should now be a littles less the case.
cdb_xMf8awymgVmp

duckgo

by duckgo » Post

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

duckgo

by duckgo » Post

Hi, I was trying to create a mod for survivetest that adds loot in chests when generating a world, and I used your mod as a test too.. the mod is not perfect as my knowledge is little, but it worked, although in houses with more than one chest, only a single chest receives loot or the inventory may not appear.. I started it before you updated your mod, but it will work ...
If you want to try, the link is here, remembering that it is a simple alternative to chests in schematic structures ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ˜

https://codeberg.org/duckgo/simple_loots/releases

Liil

by Liil » Post

I will look at it later, but when opening the init.lua, I noticed a buuuuug! {name = "default:obsidian_shardr", chance = 1, count = 2}, ;)
cdb_xMf8awymgVmp

duckgo

by duckgo » Post

Wed Mar 01, 2023 07:07
I will look at it later, but when opening the init.lua, I noticed a buuuuug! {name = "default:obsidian_shardr", chance = 1, count = 2}, ;)
fixed, thanks ๐Ÿ˜
And now there are loots in all the chests of the houses ... new link to test here:
https://codeberg.org/duckgo/simpleloots/releases

Liil

by Liil » Post

I have tested it, it works well!

Do you want to release the mod yourself on contentDB? If you want, I will mention the mod in the description of Native Villages and link it.

Otherwise I can integrate it in Native Villages itself. Your choice.
cdb_xMf8awymgVmp

duckgo

by duckgo » Post

if it works well and if it's useful, I can post yes in contentdb ๐Ÿ˜
but it can still happen that some chests are not replaced and continue without inventory, I still don't know how to improve this :/

duckgo

by duckgo » Post

"Native Villages" fans, I've added a new version of "simple loots" to contendb, with support for Native Villages in the current version, and now you can interact with "book shelf", "furnance" and "vessels shelf"... still it's not perfect, but it helps a little in the experience, hope you like it, here's a test I did ..
I'm once again sharing why I like this mod too and I hope you all have fun :)