[mods] Mods modified for Hades Revisited by SFENCE

SFENCE
GitHub: SFENCE
In-game: SFENCE

[mods] Mods modified for Hades Revisited by SFENCE

by SFENCE » Post

This is the forum topic for feedback for modes modified for Hades Revisited game by SFENCE.

Mods modified for Hades Revisited by SFENCE:
Spoiler
PaleoTest for Hades Revisited:
This mod adds fossils to Hades Revisited world. With these fossils, you can get plant seeds, tree saplings, and DNA parts of some animals. I recommend you to use this mod with mod pack hades_cool_trees and mods hades_animals, hades_extrafarming

SkinsDB for Hades Revisited:
I recommend you to use this mod with mod hades_clothing.

Cool Trees for Hades Revisited:
This mod adds many new trees to Hades Revisited game. Saplings are available via fossils from mod PaleoTest for Hades Revisited.

Castle Lighting for Hades Revisited:
For open fire lighting, you will need mod Fire for Hades Revisited available via a git repository.
Last edited by SFENCE on Tue Dec 28, 2021 08:01, edited 19 times in total.
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

vibes81
In-game: Vibes81

Re: [mods] Mods modified for Hades Revisited

by vibes81 » Post

Hi all, I updated my lighting wand to add a recipe if hades revisited is detected.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26113

vibes81
In-game: Vibes81

by vibes81 » Post

my mobile phone posted twice somehow

wsor4035
GitHub: wsor4035
IRC: wsor
In-game: wsor

by wsor4035 » Post

why not attempt to get support merged into upstream instead of forking?
j5uBLfc6NxgersvVj5D5dIsiKDkoQb0o

SFENCE

by SFENCE » Post

wsor4035 wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 01:04
why not attempt to get support merged into upstream instead of forking?
There are too many differences to merge into upstream and keep code clear and readable.

The problem is too with dependencies. Hades Revisited has no mod "default/' or "player_api" for example. So merged mod would be forced to move many of dependencies to optional.
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

It's amazing how this little side-project got enough attention to attract new mods, even in this early stage. :D

But I should warn you: Hades Revisited is still in an alpha stage, and I have many radical plans that might change a lot of things. It's still a preview. And I will NOT show any respect for backwards-compability as my ideas require a lot of radical changes. I actually have a lot of ideas, and I'm still in the planning phase. Eventually I hope this game will become more stable (as in, no more radical breaking changes) in future but it's now far from it.
For you, this means your mods will likely break in future, so you would have to chase a moving target to keep your mods working.

Some of the things actually touch on things that might eventually go into the game sooner or later, in some form:

- Stained glass: I think about it. Hades Revisited will have a focus on creative building, so that makes a lot of sense, actually. But I might rethink the whole color palette of this game.
- Clothing/SkinsDB: I do plan some kind of "character customization" that goes beyond simple skins
- Digtron: I probably won't add this mod, but I do want to greatly expand on the mining aspect, I want to make mining more interesting somehow. I still need to work out how.

Note I want to develop most of the fancy features of the game myselves, as I don't want to copy a mod that has been used over and over again in other mods. ;)
The problem is too with dependencies. Hades Revisited has no mod "default/' or "player_api" for example. So merged mod would be forced to move many of dependencies to optional.
The lack of a default mod is intentional. I think the default mod really should be MTG-specific only, as it would be a dependency nightmare anyway.
The player model in Hades Revisited is handled in hades_player instead. As I plan to do some character customization, it will likely have to be incompatible with player_api anyway.

In any case, I will not aim for compability with MTG. But at least I try to not stand in the way of modding. So if you think some aspect of Hades Revisited is too hard to mod, please let me know!

SFENCE

by SFENCE » Post

Wuzzy wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 14:03
It's amazing how this little side-project got enough attention to attract new mods, even in this early stage. :D

But I should warn you: Hades Revisited is still in an alpha stage, and I have many radical plans that might change a lot of things. It's still a preview. And I will NOT show any respect for backwards-compability as my ideas require a lot of radical changes. I actually have a lot of ideas, and I'm still in the planning phase. Eventually I hope this game will become more stable (as in, no more radical breaking changes) in future but it's now far from it.
For you, this means your mods will likely break in future, so you would have to chase a moving target to keep your mods working.

Some of the things actually touch on things that might eventually go into the game sooner or later, in some form:

- Stained glass: I think about it. Hades Revisited will have a focus on creative building, so that makes a lot of sense, actually. But I might rethink the whole color palette of this game.
- Clothing/SkinsDB: I do plan some kind of "character customization" that goes beyond simple skins
- Digtron: I probably won't add this mod, but I do want to greatly expand on the mining aspect, I want to make mining more interesting somehow. I still need to work out how.

Note I want to develop most of the fancy features of the game myselves, as I don't want to copy a mod that has been used over and over again in other mods. ;)
The lack of a default mod is intentional. I think the default mod really should be MTG-specific only, as it would be a dependency nightmare anyway.
The player model in Hades Revisited is handled in hades_player instead. As I plan to do some character customization, it will likely have to be incompatible with player_api anyway.

In any case, I will not aim for compability with MTG. But at least I try to not stand in the way of modding. So if you think some aspect of Hades Revisited is too hard to mod, please let me know!
I am running Hades Revisited on my private server where I am playing with my friends. It is a reason, why I am porting some mods for Hades Revisited to keep the game interesting.
After running these mods on my server for some time I decide to start publishing them.

I know something about your plans, so I am trying to make mods compatible in a way, which is compatible with Hades Revisited idea. For example, it is the reason why I ported paleotest for Hades Revisited, like the way to add fauna and flora which looks to be nicely includable into Hades Revisited world.

On my server I am using little modified version of Hades Revisited (with updated version of mods boost_cart, mesecons and pipeworks. I am trying to keep these mods up to date and in Hades visual style at the moment. So If it will be helpful for you, you can copy/insert/submodule some of them into the origin Hades Revisited game.

So, when you change the way, how water is transferred, I will probably disable the spigot outlet in pipeworks mod and rename it to hades_pipework, or something like it.
Spoiler
Some of the mods (like hades_laboratory, hades_technic) I will probably public later after you make a final decision about mods pipeworks/mesecons.

For example, I missed some API to add new flora into hades_fertilizer. But it doesn't matter because fertilizer is not craftable yet.
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

SFENCE

by SFENCE » Post

Added biofuel for Hades Revisited.

I am planning to add nautilus, vacuum, xoceans and darkage mods modified for Hades Revisited in a few weeks/months.
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

The natural slopes are pretty interesting!
The landscape looks kinda interesting. Makes kind of a difference …

However, the behavior/gameplay isn't too great. The way the slopes get created seems to be random/unpredictable, there isn't a clear rule. That's a bit frustrating if you want to build. So the behavior isn't consistent, that's meh. Is the randomness intended?

The slope nodes shouldn't appear in the Creative Inventory IMO. What's kind of annoying are the slope textures, as they rotate (but they shouldn't). World-aligned textures will come to the rescue.

I feel like it would make sense if there is some gameplay value to this other than just eye-candy and different shape. What is especially weird to me that digging a slope or pike still drops you the full block. That feels so wrong.

Finally, I think stones, leaves and things like that should not be slopes at all, slopes should be reserved for "soft" nodes only. Note that there is already a stone stair in the game, so that's not good.

Anyway, the idea is still pretty interesting. I think I keep this in mind and maybe something like this will go into Hades Revisited like this, but differently. But no promises.

However, there's still the biggest problem of all: Mapgen is much more resource-hungry. :-(

The stained glass panes are a great idea. I wanted to have some kind of "patterend glass" in the game at some point.. But they will need much better textures, these look too flat. And I really dislike how the mod is implemented. The abuse of oversized nodes is strong on that one. Anyway, Hades Revisited still has bad base graphics, so I can't really complain, lol. Also, another problem is that depth-sorting is broken in Minetest, so must avoid semi-transparent textures as much I can, unfortunately. And that sadly means no stained glass for now …

SFENCE

by SFENCE » Post

Wuzzy wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 15:43
karamel is the author of natural slopes for Hades Revisited.
You probably should use this forum topic for feedback: viewtopic.php?t=18140
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

SFENCE

Re: [mods] Mods modified for Hades Revisited by SFENCE

by SFENCE » Post

Mods hades_boost_cart and hades_travelnet have been added. Both of them should be compatible with mods boost_cart and travelnet removed from Hades Revisited in release 0.13.0.
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

SFENCE

by SFENCE » Post

Mod hades_glass_stained now use texture alpha blend instead of opaque, so stained glass should be transparent.
New mod hades_extravessels have been added into modpack. These vessels were removed from Hades Revisited, but uses by Paleotest for Hades Revisited and hades_extrafarming.
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

SFENCE

by SFENCE » Post

Cool trees modpack update.

Fixed bad cool tree doors node registration.
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

SFENCE

by SFENCE » Post

Mod hades_appliances removed. The new version of the appliances mod should be used insteat of it.
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

Ruslan1
GitHub: ruslan1-dev
IRC: Ruslan1
In-game: Ruslan1

by Ruslan1 » Post

hades laboratory cant get work

[C]: in function 'pairs'
...upport/minetest/mods/hades_laboratory/dna_duplicator.lua:199: in main chunk
[C]: in function 'dofile'
...lication Support/minetest/mods/hades_laboratory/init.lua:35: in main chunk
cdb_9fcc437a79b1

SFENCE

by SFENCE » Post

Ruslan1 wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 02:36
hades laboratory cant get work

[C]: in function 'pairs'
...upport/minetest/mods/hades_laboratory/dna_duplicator.lua:199: in main chunk
[C]: in function 'dofile'
...lication Support/minetest/mods/hades_laboratory/init.lua:35: in main chunk
At this moment, hades_laboratory is not prepared to run with public version of mods (from ContentDB). It requires a specific version of Hades Revisited and some other mods.

If you are interested in running it, I can send you a bash script, which is able to clone/download from contentDB required version of mods and Hades Revisited. I am able to provide script for my private server configuration or for my developing experimental versions (including new, not well-tested features).
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

Ruslan1
GitHub: ruslan1-dev
IRC: Ruslan1
In-game: Ruslan1

by Ruslan1 » Post

If you are interested in running it, I can send you a bash script, which is able to clone/download from contentDB required version of mods and Hades Revisited. I am able to provide script for my private server configuration or for my developing experimental versions (including new, not well-tested features).
[/quote]

i do
cdb_9fcc437a79b1

SFENCE

by SFENCE » Post

Ruslan1 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 22:42
i do
You should be able to use regeneration script from the repository https://github.com/sfence/minetest_game ... on_scripts.
I will add script hades_developing.sh later. Let me know in cause of some problems, please.
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

SFENCE

by SFENCE » Post

Ruslan1 wrote:
i do
Now, developing version of my Hades Revisited with mods should be available and regeneratable too.
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

vishl99

by vishl99 » Post

.Thank you for this help, but the recent version I'm not able to install it's show some security problem. Please someone help me.

SFENCE

by SFENCE » Post

vishl99 wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:16
.Thank you for this help, but the recent version I'm not able to install it's show some security problem. Please someone help me.
Please, be more specific about the problem description.
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

jessiebu

by jessiebu » Post

SFENCE wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 16:51
Ruslan1 wrote:
i do
Now, developing version of my Hades Revisited with mods should be available and regeneratable too.
Hey Sir, is it available now? I would love to check that out.

Rueben1
GitHub: arun2000
IRC: arun
In-game: arun

by Rueben1 » Post

vishl99 wrote:
Can you elaborate on the issue?

SFENCE

by SFENCE » Post

jessiebu wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:51
Hey Sir, is it available now? I would love to check that out.
Check this forum topic viewtopic.php?f=50&t=29179

May be, it will not work with the minetest 5.7.0. This version is still not available on my system in packages. So I did not test it. But there was some problem in original Hades Revisited on minetest 5.7.0. See viewtopic.php?f=50&t=19121&start=150 for details.
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

Rueben1
GitHub: arun2000
IRC: arun
In-game: arun

by Rueben1 » Post

vishl99 wrote:
Thank you for this help, but the recent version I'm not able to install it's show some security problem. Please someone help me.
You are very welcome. If you are encountering a security problem while you install the latest version, it would be helpful if you could give more details about the problem. That way, someone can help you better. If you provide more details about the problem, someone can help you a lot more.