Good bye coal, electricity comes

RealBadAngel

Good bye coal, electricity comes

by RealBadAngel » Post

Here is preview of what ive done already:
energy lines (still need to do gfx for them), battery boxes, solar panels and electric furnaces :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IVt73l1gMM

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

Do you have heard something about mesecons?

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

this has nothin to do with mesecons. here you have to prouce energy, store it, transport it even
then use it with machines like furnaces.
puting mesecon torch next to furnace to power it would be kinda stupid, dont ya think?
Last edited by RealBadAngel on Sun Aug 05, 2012 16:31, edited 1 time in total.

PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

RealBadAngel wrote:this has nothin to do with mesecons
This adds electricity... mesecons adds electricity...
Whats the difference?

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

PilzAdam wrote:
Whats the difference?
mesecons add signals (on/off) thats not electricity at all

PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

RealBadAngel wrote:
PilzAdam wrote:
Whats the difference?
mesecons add signals (on/off) thats not electricity at all
=> IRC

pagliaccio

by pagliaccio » Post

good mod +1

you can make solar pannel more flat?
and conductor width better texture?

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

pagliaccio wrote:good mod +1

you can make solar pannel more flat?
and conductor width better texture?
its just the preview of workin system, textures and models will be of course changed
this and even more machines will be the part of my Technic mod

Jeija

by Jeija » Post

You could also just add an automatic furnace to mesecons and you have the same.
Redstone for minetest: Mesecons (mesecons.net)

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

Jeija wrote:You could also just add an automatic furnace to mesecons and you have the same.
No i will not. your mesecons providing logic, not power for machines
tell me,how would you like furnace runnin on mesecon torch? idiotic idea
also your solar panel should be renamed to light sensor, hydro-something to water sensor.
because they r just sensors.
my network is only for providing power for my machines and has nothin to do with logic circuits.
you have to produce power, store it, and distribute.and the machines will drain it. better machines = more power

and switch that idea to that torch? ROTFL

i can use mesecons of course, to provide control logic for my machines. and thats right.
use timers to switch them on/off, control block breakers, deployers, sorting machines etc...
But still they have to be powered...

btw. you wrote =redstone in topic. ever played minecraft then? if not i suggest lookin for reviews on youtube for such mods like BuildCraft, Industrial Craft 2, RedPower 2. You will understand difference between logic systems (REDSTONE!!!, or RedPower's red alloy wireing which is awsome and both redstone and your mesecons are thousands of light years behind it) and power systems. Each of those mods provides different kind of power, like electricity, blutricity etc, and RedPower its own logic system too. And ppl play with all those mods at once.
Last edited by RealBadAngel on Mon Aug 06, 2012 13:45, edited 1 time in total.

Belgac

by Belgac » Post

Jeija wrote:You could also just add an automatic furnace to mesecons and you have the same.
I don't agree: mesecon doesn't integrate the notion of "amount" of energy. And this plant things would be infinite energy generators wich could be seen as a cheat in a technic game-mode. I always tought of mesecon as a logic sytem rather than an energy system.

MegaGeeza

by MegaGeeza » Post

Iv never been a fan of mesecons, i removed it a few days after i installed it, but im liking this mod and i hope to see it progress further!

Spots

by Spots » Post

MegaGeeza wrote:Iv never been a fan of mesecons, i removed it a few days after i installed it, but im liking this mod and i hope to see it progress further!
same here lasted a few days then removed but this new one sounds great and i cant wait to try it

LocaL_ALchemisT

by LocaL_ALchemisT » Post

Spots wrote:
MegaGeeza wrote:Iv never been a fan of mesecons, i removed it a few days after i installed it, but im liking this mod and i hope to see it progress further!
same here lasted a few days then removed but this new one sounds great and i cant wait to try it
i feel that too
Built Telegate v1.0, Workers v2.0, Broadcast v0.0 & Weeping Angel v0.1
Having A Buzy Week
From 0.4.10 with love~

Spots

by Spots » Post

maybe a water generator for water falls to charge Batteries , lamps for street lights or inside buildings

Splizard
GitHub: Splizard
IRC: Splizard
In-game: Splizard

by Splizard » Post

Nice, looking forward for the release :D
Games: Builda City, The Hungry Games Mods: Lifters, Snow Biomes and Gates. Also checkout my texture pack Gridtoon!

ray8888

by ray8888 » Post

you have some shots to of this mod? looks good i want to use it :).
Also how are you goig to make this better than mesecons,and will this lag servers with the hd textures? One more thing will this crash server if someone uses this wong?
Last edited by ray8888 on Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:18, edited 1 time in total.
fuck off

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

ray8888 wrote:you have some shots to of this mod? looks good i want to use it :).
Also how are you goig to make this better than mesecons,and will this lag servers with the hd textures? One more thing will this crash server if someone uses this wong?
This is not intended to replace mesecons. Mesecons wires do logic, mine transports energy - they dont provide ANY logic functions. Mod comes with default sized textures, or x32 when needed some more details. HD 128x textures for mod provides Haven texture pack.
Anything bugged can crash game and im sure, since its a complex mod, that there will be bugs.
But with feedback i can remove them.

In a day or two i gonna release update for my technic mod. Once im ready with wires placing routines.
Last edited by RealBadAngel on Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:12, edited 1 time in total.

Belgac

by Belgac » Post

Will the machines in your technic mod use mesecon for the logic part? (I mean the control part: start, stop, and so on)

I don't see this as a bad thing espescially with temperest and whiskers75 last improvements, i know this is way behind redpower capacities but eventually we will reach this point.

If you answer is yes, it means your mod or part of your modpack will depend on mesecon, knowing that it would be great to go the extra mile by implementing mesecon-crossing blocks for your energy lines (and later for your pipes) and even better common lines (like a mesecon AND energy line or mesecon line AND pipe or the three of them in the same block) to save space in the design of factories or other technic stuff.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

Quick video on wires, and how will auto connect system work:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcSbsGqrK4c

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

Belgac wrote:Will the machines in your technic mod use mesecon for the logic part? (I mean the control part: start, stop, and so on)

I don't see this as a bad thing espescially with temperest and whiskers75 last improvements, i know this is way behind redpower capacities but eventually we will reach this point.

If you answer is yes, it means your mod or part of your modpack will depend on mesecon, knowing that it would be great to go the extra mile by implementing mesecon-crossing blocks for your energy lines (and later for your pipes) and even better common lines (like a mesecon AND energy line or mesecon line AND pipe or the three of them in the same block) to save space in the design of factories or other technic stuff.
this is song of the future :) first i do need basics to be done and runnin. then we could think bout possible extensions

Belgac

by Belgac » Post

Yeah maybe i was thinking too far ahead.

GloopMaster

by GloopMaster » Post

RealBadAngel wrote:
Belgac wrote:Will the machines in your technic mod use mesecon for the logic part? (I mean the control part: start, stop, and so on)

this is song of the future :) first i do need basics to be done and runnin. then we could think bout possible extensions
and you yelled at me in IRC for saying the same thing? -_-
Meow.

That is all.

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

ok, here we go with complete cables placing algorithms:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CQOSmgTUp8

now, just the same when removin wires, and we go for release

Spots

by Spots » Post

looking good ,great job i so cant wait to mess around with it