[Mod] Area Containers [1.7.0] [area_containers]

geargames6248

Re: [Mod] Area Containers [1.3.5] [area_containers]

by geargames6248 » Post

can you help me with this problem

ERROR[Main]: ModError: Failed to load and run script from C:\Users\Lucas P\Downloads\minetest-5.4.1\bin\..\mods\area_containers\init.lua:
ERROR[Main]: ...\minetest-5.4.1\bin\..\mods\area_containers/relation.lua:58: The area_containers minimum position is outside the mapgen_limit
ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
ERROR[Main]: [C]: in function 'assert'
ERROR[Main]: ...\minetest-5.4.1\bin\..\mods\area_containers/relation.lua:58: in main chunk
ERROR[Main]: ...oads\minetest-5.4.1\bin\..\mods\area_containers\init.lua:42: in function 'use'
ERROR[Main]: ...minetest-5.4.1\bin\..\mods\area_containers/container.lua:59: in main chunk
ERROR[Main]: ...oads\minetest-5.4.1\bin\..\mods\area_containers\init.lua:42: in function 'use'
ERROR[Main]: ...ads\minetest-5.4.1\bin\..\mods\area_containers/nodes.lua:30: in main chunk
ERROR[Main]: ...ds\minetest-5.4.1\bin\..\mods\area_containers/crafts.lua:22: in main chunk
ERROR[Main]: ...oads\minetest-5.4.1\bin\..\mods\area_containers\init.lua:58: in main chunk
ERROR[Main]: Verifique o debug.txt para mais detalhes.
2ACTION[Main]: Server: Shutting down

Nathan.S
GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

Re: [Mod] Area Containers [1.3.5] [area_containers]

by Nathan.S » Post

Maybe I'm doing something wrong here, not sure. I was going to do a mod review, so I built a little demo setup, four pipes bringing items in, and one bringing items out. When I'm outside of the container items go in just fine, and once I enter the container everything processes though, but new items stop coming in. While outside of the container I don't get any of the processed items coming out. Is this intentional, is there a setting I need to change someplace.
Using minetest 5.5.0-dev-e35cfa589
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course

jwmhjwmh
Developer
GitHub: TurkeyMcMac

Re: area_containers questions

by jwmhjwmh » Post

Sorry, I didn't see these posts for a little while.

geargames6248: Have you changed the mapgen_limit setting? That is the most likely cause. If so, you should change the area_containers_y_level_blocks setting to be inside the bounds of the map. Confusingly, the map bounds can be significantly lower than mapgen_limit, so you should check to see what the actual bounds are.

Nathan.S: I see that you have already published your video. The problem is indeed that the inside is not force-loaded. I didn't see a reason to add automatic force-loading since 1) only 16 block may be force-loaded at a time and 2) other mods such as Technic add force-loading anchors anyway. Note that both pipeworks and mesecons work in inactive blocks. Your problem was that the blinky plants and furnaces only work in active blocks. By the way, the reason you couldn't break that area container was that it was still locked. You had to punch it with an empty hand to remove the lock before breaking the node.

jwmhjwmh
Developer

Re: [Mod] Area Containers [1.4.0] [area_containers]

by jwmhjwmh » Post

Version 1.4.0 changes the digilines integration a bit. The previous implementation was not really supported by the digilines mod. The new implementation introduces a one-step delay in signals being forwarded between the inside and the outside. Also, area_containers will fail to load if digilines is enabled but mesecons is not. Both these changes could theoretically break your stuff, but I doubt they will. The changes are necessary anyway.

revevil

by revevil » Post

This mod is GREAT for mesecons but it DOES have other uses! I was just messing around on my phone in creative mode, but I could easily double up this garden and expand it to a multi-level one, all inside of one node. I could use another node to create an arboretum if I wish. This mod does not like move tool, so I just setup the node in an area where it won't be moved.

(Post if waiting for website to start functioning. Image will not attach, I keep getting an HTTP Error.)

jwmhjwmh
Developer

by jwmhjwmh » Post

revevil wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 08:38
This mod is GREAT for mesecons but it DOES have other uses! I was just messing around on my phone in creative mode, but I could easily double up this garden and expand it to a multi-level one, all inside of one node. I could use another node to create an arboretum if I wish. This mod does not like move tool, so I just setup the node in an area where it won't be moved.
Thanks! One mod that can be used to move containers is teleporter_tool.

revevil

by revevil » Post

jwmhjwmh wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:30
revevil wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 08:38
Thanks! One mod that can be used to move containers is teleporter_tool.
I'm definitely going to try that then! I made one video about setting up an underground garden and arboretum. I might make another one but with area containers. Because the possibilities with a mod like this are endless. I bet you could even hide a building in there! And I really like the applications for mesecons circuits but have not tested it yet.

jwmhjwmh
Developer

Re: [Mod] Area Containers [1.5.0] [area_containers]

by jwmhjwmh » Post

Version 1.5.0 adds two features. Firstly, the mod is now compatible with the "jumpdrive" mod. Secondly, there are now some options for inside chamber protection, available in the settings:
  • "none": Protect nothing.
  • "walls": Protect the walls of the chambers only.
  • "around": Protect the walls and the 26 blocks around the inside chamber block.
  • "layer": Protect the walls and all outside blocks from one block below the inside layer to one above.
"layer" is the default and is identical to the previous behavior.

jwmhjwmh
Developer

Re: [Mod] Area Containers [1.6.0] [area_containers]

by jwmhjwmh » Post

Version 1.6.0 adds full support for the "Zero" modpack.

jwmhjwmh
Developer

Re: [Mod] Area Containers [1.7.0] [area_containers]

by jwmhjwmh » Post

Version 1.7.0 adds an Esperanto translation.