[Mod] Nether Layers [deep_nether_example]

DrFrankenstone
GitHub: treer

[Mod] Nether Layers [deep_nether_example]

by DrFrankenstone » Post

A demonstration mod for adding more realms to the Nether (i.e. "nether layers"), which could also be used to replace the existing Nether mapgen with your own.

It's ~400 lines of lua which when installed allows a portal made of hewn basalt to be opened (the basalt can be obtained by reaching the Mantle region in the Nether, where there are islands of basalt in the lava ocean which can be crafted into hewn basalt). These portals lead to a Nether-like realm the mod creates below the existing Nether.

Rather than taking you back to the surface, a hewn basalt portal opened in the Deep Nether will only take you back to the Nether.

Enabling multiple different nether layer mods together will create multiple realms layered deeper and deeper. The deep_nether_example mod acts as a starting template to hit the ground running.

The realm this mod creates is kept simple. It's just a template: fork and adapt it, make it your own project.

Download: git, Github or master.zip

Minetest version: v5.2+

Mod dependencies: Nether v3.1+

Licence: MIT and CC BY-SA 4.0, but can be relicensed on request.

Video:
Attachments
screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg (101 KiB) Viewed 595 times
thumbnail.jpg
thumbnail.jpg (64.23 KiB) Viewed 595 times

c56
GitHub: tigercoding56
In-game: bm5 or bemo5 also sell_her_on55

Re: [Mod] Nether Layers [deep_nether_example]

by c56 » Post

so this is what mc players thought of the nether update being like .... ...i wish there was a mod like that for the entire cave generation that generation is just very well made ....
this is a signature not a place to post messages also if i could change my username i would change it to sell_her_on55