[Mod] Hades Revisited Back-compatibility [0.11.0] [hades_compatibility]

SFENCE
GitHub: SFENCE
In-game: SFENCE

[Mod] Hades Revisited Back-compatibility [0.11.0] [hades_compatibility]

by SFENCE » Post

This mod provides back-compatibility for older Hades Revisited worlds.

Use configuration value hades_compatibility_list:
Aviable combinations in list (git commit/Hades Revisited version):
  • f185358->2f2fb4d - Version 0.7.0 to commit 2f2fb4d
  • f185358->828b9c9 / 0.7.0->0.8.1 - Version 0.7.0 to 0.8.1
  • 828b9c9->ca1de77 / 0.8.1->0.11.0 - Version 0.8.1 to 0.11.0 (Mesecons for Hades Revisited is needed)
  • ca1de77->88f74ff / 0.11.0->0.13.0 - Version 0.11.0 to 0.13.0 (Mods can be used hades_travelnet, hades_boost_cart, hades_extravessels and hades_3dforniture as replacement of removed mods. Set parameter hades_compatibility_flowergrass to true, if you want flowergrass to be keeped in your world.)
Default value of hades_compatibility_list is 0.7.0->0.8.1,0.8.1->0.11.0,0.11.0->0.13.0

Download: https://github.com/sfence/hades_compati ... 0.13.0.zip
Source code: https://github.com/sfence/hades_compatibility
License: LGPL v3 for source code, CC BY-SA 3.0 for media files.
Last edited by SFENCE on Tue Oct 19, 2021 16:00, edited 1 time in total.
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

SFENCE

Re: [Mod] Hades Revisited Back-compatibility [0.13.0] [hades_compatibility]

by SFENCE » Post

Hades Revisited Back-compatibility mod has been updated to version 0.13.0.
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Re: [Mod] Hades Revisited Back-compatibility [0.11.0] [hades_compatibility]

by Wuzzy » Post

I'm impressed my game has reached enough interest that others are willing to do the "dirty" work for me, even in this rather basic stage! :D

Unfortunately, I'm afraid I'm still not done with the breakage. There will probably be one more major renaming orgy, but hopefully after that one it will be the last one.

I want to make most mods follow the “hades_” naming convention except for those that I took verbatim (or nearly verbatim).

Pretty much all mod names are on the chopping block to be renamed to the “hades_*” naming convention, with only a very few exceptions (mostly API mods I took verbatim). The reason for that is that pretty much all mods now differ enouh from the original versions that it would be foolish to assume any sort of compability. Another reason is that the game still has a healthy dose of ancient legacy code that waits to be deleted / renewed …

The only reason I haven not yet completed the rename orgy is because the rename orgy is a lot of tedious work. I guess I'll schedule the next renaming orgy for November, after the next release.

Once all my mods have nice names, I guess I can make a loose promomise to not break compability TOO brutally anymore, like actually start to use aliases, etc. And remember: I am allowed to break things, as it's still in alpha. :P

SFENCE

Re: [Mod] Hades Revisited Back-compatibility [0.11.0] [hades_compatibility]

by SFENCE » Post

Wuzzy wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 19:52
Once all my mods have nice names, I guess I can make a loose promomise to not break compability TOO brutally anymore, like actually start to use aliases, etc. And remember: I am allowed to break things, as it's still in alpha. :P
I only keep my hades server to work with new versions.
If it helps somebody else to keep his world running without recreating it, it is a good bonus.

So, do what you need to move Hades Revisited game into version 1.0.0, I will try to do what I need to keep my server running with new versions of Hades Revisited.
cdb_3P0AYqjEIn68