[mod] Sample Minigame and template to make your own minigames [sample_minigame]

MisterE
GitHub: MisterE123
IRC: MisterE
In-game: MisterE

[mod] Sample Minigame and template to make your own minigames [sample_minigame]

by MisterE » Post

This mod adds a simple pvp minigame where players are given a sword and have 3 lives and have to eliminate other players.

But more importantly, it describes in detail how to make your own minigame, and is a simple, working example of a minigame

It is all set up for you to use as a template to make much more complex minigames, and it has extensive code comments to explain what is happening.

License: code CC0 by MisterE, with some documentation GPLv3 by Zughy
Screenshots: CC0 by MisterE

depends = arena_lib, default

This is intended to get people making minigames, cause I like minigames, and I suspect that others do too :P

It explains how to use arena_lib, and gives a working example for you to play around with and change. I do not expect attribution for any minigames made with this.

The mod is much bigger than it needs to be for such a small minigame, because it is split into files for each callback, and not all of those are used in the current minigame. It is intended that programmers will delete the files they do not need. It has the structure of a very large and complex minigame, though the minigame is extremely simple and straightforward, and the code structure is easy to follow and very well explained.

Also tips and tricks and some code samples are included in the comments.

Additionally, in the readme is a step-by-step guide to using arena_libs' arena editor.

Download: https://gitlab.com/arcadeemulationserve ... master.zip
git: https://gitlab.com/arcadeemulationserve ... ree/master

ronoaldo
GitHub: ronoaldo
IRC: ronoaldo
In-game: RonoaldoKakashi

Re: [mod] Sample Minigame and template to make your own minigames [sample_minigame]

by ronoaldo » Post

Thank you!!!
Servers: Mercurio | Tools: ContentDB CLI | Mods: minenews