[Mod] LWComponents [0.1.34] [lwcomponents]

loosewheel
GitHub: loosewheel
In-game: loosewheel

Re: [Mod] LWComponents [0.1.27] [lwcomponents]

by loosewheel » Post

Update v0.1.27 is a bug fix update, but some notes on Digilines switch connections with mesecons wires.

Mesecons does not appear to allow for some sides to be on and some off on receptors (power sources). When any side is on the state of the digilines switch is on, but only rules for the powered sides are defined. This means if wires are placed while in this state only the sides that are powered will connect. When no side is powered the state of the digilines switch is off with rules defined for all potentially connected sides. In this state (as when first placed) mesecons wires will connect correctly.

loosewheel

Re: [Mod] LWComponents [0.1.28] [lwcomponents]

by loosewheel » Post

Update v0.1.28 added support for lwwires. Wires do not visually connect to conduits but functionally work.

ZAAo

Re: [Mod] LWComponents [0.1.28] [lwcomponents]

by ZAAo » Post

Nice! Thanks :)

loosewheel

Re: [Mod] LWComponents [0.1.30] [lwcomponents]

by loosewheel » Post

Update v0.1.30

Added quantity field to droppers and updated digilines messages to accommodate a quantity. Present implementations should still work the same. Already existing droppers are updated when the form is accessed.

If multiple items are in a dropper each item is treated individually. An action will not drop multiple items to fulfil the quantity. See the docs for more.

Also added 'Use player when placing' setting. This allows locked deployers to place in protected areas if the owner can. This is iffy though. Nodes from some mods may do weird things when placing, and the deployers wont place when the owner is not logged in. This setting is disabled by default.

To use breakers in protected areas, they must be the locked version and the owner must be able to dig.

AmyMoriyama
GitHub: AmyMoriyama

by AmyMoriyama » Post

Ok, so, trying to build/test an automated tree farm and using the breaker, the deployer, and the collector. The deployer can place tree trunks and dirt and stones, but it will only place saplings outside of a protected area. The area where the sapling is supposed to be placed is "opened" (areas mod). I can't figure out why it can place dirt and other blocks into the protected but open area but can't place saplings unless completely outside protected areas (even opened areas). Is this a bug? A limitation? Is there any workarounds? Thank you.

loosewheel

by loosewheel » Post

AmyMoriyama wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 23:15
Ok, so, trying to build/test an automated tree farm and using the breaker, the deployer, and the collector. The deployer can place tree trunks and dirt and stones, but it will only place saplings outside of a protected area. The area where the sapling is supposed to be placed is "opened" (areas mod). I can't figure out why it can place dirt and other blocks into the protected but open area but can't place saplings unless completely outside protected areas (even opened areas). Is this a bug? A limitation? Is there any workarounds? Thank you.
I wasn't able to reproduce this. Both locked and unlocked deployers placed several saplings from default in an opened protected area in creative mode, on dirt with grass. I then tried a locked deployer in survival mode and it too placed them. They placed with the 'Use player when placing' setting disabled and enabled.

If most nodes are placing and some are not, at face value the cause appears to be in the mod of the node being placed. But not being able to reproduce it, I can't back track through the code to find the cause. For me it seems to be working.

loosewheel

Re: [Mod] LWComponents [0.1.31] [lwcomponents]

by loosewheel » Post

Update v0.1.31

Added Crafters. Crafters can craft items by recipe or desired output item. Crafted items are placed in the Output inventory, along with any replacement items. Source items for the craft must be in the Input inventory. If the crafter is adjoined to storage units the crafter will also use source items from it as well.

Crafter form

The recipe grid is just a template. Items placed here are copied. Items cannot be placed or pulled from the grid. Items also cannot be pulled from the preview. Clicking the craft button performs one craft of the recipe from input items.

If Automatic is checked, one craft of the recipe is performed every second. This only operates in loaded blocks. Mesecons and digilines operations operate in unloaded blocks.

The list on the right is a list of all items that can be crafted from the input items (input inventory or storage units), which can be filtered with the search. Clicking an item button performs one craft of that item. When crafting by item the first found recipe which has input items is used, the output quantity may vary. Some recipes may be registered for more than one item, this may cause the actual crafted item to be different to the one selected.

Gaining the list of craftable items is an exponential process, based on the number of unique source items and the total number of items available. As a guide, 320 source items and 795 total items that resulted 623 craftable items took approx. 200ms (1st gen i5 processor). This list is only gained: when the form is opened; when the Search button is clicked; and when the digilines "craftable" message is sent.

Crafters support mesecons, digilines, hoppers and pipeworks.

loosewheel

Re: [Mod] LWComponents [0.1.31] [lwcomponents]

by loosewheel » Post

Update v0.1.33

Added recipe selection for craft by item through the UI in crafters. When crafting by item, if more than one recipe is satisfied by the input items, the crafting grid is replaced with the available crafts for that item.

Clicking the < and > buttons walks through the recipes. Clicking Craft performs one craft with the displayed recipe. Clicking Close displays the crafting grid. If only one recipe is satisfied by the input items one craft is immediately performed without displaying the recipe.
loosewheel wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:19
When crafting by item the first found recipe which has input items is used, the output quantity may vary. Some recipes may be registered for more than one item, this may cause the actual crafted item to be different to the one selected.
The multiple items having the same recipe is still true. The first recipe found is used is still true when crafting by item with "craftitem" digilines message.

Also added result digilines messages for "craft" and "craftitem", and added "can_craft" message. Improvements and fixes to the crafting operation as well.

MisterE
GitHub: MisterE123
IRC: MisterE
In-game: MisterE

Re: [Mod] LWComponents [0.1.34] [lwcomponents]

by MisterE » Post

Suggestion:

This would be a fairly large project, so take it with a grain of salt:

An in-game-programmable arcade machine. The owner gets a choice to play or program. Others can only play. To play, right-click the arcade machine. That attaches you to an entity right in front of the arcade machine. The arcade machine has a screen on which the game is played. When playing, the arcade machine gets the player's controls and feeds them to the program running on the arcade.
For programming, the arcade has a preset game loop. The duration of the loop is adjustable in the server settings, but defaults to something playable for lowish lag servers. The api allows arcade programmers to make sprites and display them on the screen.

Extention: make it 3d, inside the arcade? IDK.

Ive attached an arcade machine model I made for other purposes.
arcade.zip
(3.71 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
License (c) MisterE 2022 CC0

loosewheel

by loosewheel » Post

Due to actions by some members of the maintenance team of Minetest it appears obvious that this is not a FOSS project. ContentDB stopped updating from Github weeks ago. Continuing with the mod appears pointless as they are primarily inaccessible, and I have no interest contributing to an exclusive interest project. This mod was released under an open license so it can obviously be forked, if there is any interest to do so.

This mod is no longer being worked on and can obviously be forked, if there is any interest to do so.
Last edited by loosewheel on Mon Sep 19, 2022 04:53, edited 1 time in total.

MisterE
GitHub: MisterE123
IRC: MisterE
In-game: MisterE

by MisterE » Post

wat?

please explain "some actions", and how you come to the conclusion that minetest is not foss.

I mean, its GPL3, all the code is available, Prs are accepted, the devs are available on irc, what am I missing here?
Last edited by MisterE on Mon Sep 19, 2022 01:36, edited 2 times in total.

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

loosewheel wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 23:18
Due to actions by some members of the maintenance team of Minetest it appears obvious that this is not a FOSS project. ContentDB stopped updating from Github weeks ago. Continuing with the mod appears pointless as they are primarily inaccessible, and I have no interest contributing to an exclusive interest project. This mod was released under an open license so it can obviously be forked, if there is any interest to do so.

The problem for LWComputers Software is that you've put an incorrect branch name. This field should be "master" or left empty, not "v1.0". Let me know any other mods that have had issues, I can look into why

Not sure what you mean by the rest of the comment. Minetest definitely is FOSS...
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

loosewheel

by loosewheel » Post

This was the last straw, and was wrong and I apologise. But this decision was not based on one issue.

Opons
IRC: Opons
In-game: Opons

by Opons » Post

If you are still working on this, it would be nice to make storage indexers have an auto output option for more automation.
yes