[Mod] LWComponents [0.1.34] [lwcomponents]

MisterE
GitHub: MisterE123
IRC: MisterE
In-game: MisterE

Re: [Mod] LWComponents [0.1.11] [lwcomponents]

by MisterE » Post

ok thank you. as soon as I can update I will and then test that. it was reported by a player. if I see them I'll ask about it

loosewheel
GitHub: loosewheel
In-game: loosewheel

Re: [Mod] LWComponents [0.1.15] [lwcomponents]

by loosewheel » Post

Added double reach pistons and sticky pistons.

MisterE

Re: [Mod] LWComponents [0.1.17] [lwcomponents]

by MisterE » Post

suggestion: house signal transmitter. Mesecon signals transmitted through any solid block to another transmitter, in a straight line in a range. that would allow wiring houses without a gap in the wall.

jwmhjwmh
Developer
GitHub: TurkeyMcMac

by jwmhjwmh » Post

MisterE wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:47
suggestion: house signal transmitter. Mesecon signals transmitted through any solid block to another transmitter, in a straight line in a range. that would allow wiring houses without a gap in the wall.
I would suggest storing the transmission distance in part of param2. That way you could make the transmitter a plain old conductor (conductors can't use the metadata.)

loosewheel

by loosewheel » Post

MisterE wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:47
Added mesecons through wire.

Will transmit mesecons power when placed one to two blocks apart opposing each other, through solid blocks or open space. Can also be used as a mesecons crossover.

This is an adaptation of mesecons receiver.

loosewheel

Re: [Mod] LWComponents [0.1.19] [lwcomponents]

by loosewheel » Post

Added cameras

Cameras take an image in the direction they are facing. The colors in the image represent what is being viewed. Nodes are gray, entities are blue and players are green. The closer they are to the camera the brighter the color.

MisterE

by MisterE » Post

WOW o.O

loosewheel

by loosewheel » Post

MisterE wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 22:19
WOW o.O
Thanks.

Its not photo quality, but OK for surveillance. I tried it with the camera over 100 nodes away. I had to use something to keep that block loaded and stop the entities from despawning, but it worked.

The above is obviously just a screenshot. The program updates the image every 0.5 seconds for a crude video display.

jwmhjwmh
Developer

by jwmhjwmh » Post

You may be able to implement the camera with minetest.raycast.

loosewheel

by loosewheel » Post

jwmhjwmh wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 00:25
You may be able to implement the camera with minetest.raycast.
Thanks. I'll have a look.

loosewheel

Re: [Mod] LWComponents [0.1.22] [lwcomponents]

by loosewheel » Post

Added storage.

Storage is accommodated with two nodes, Storage Unit and Storage Indexer. Storage units can be interacted with like a basic chest, each with 32 slots, and visually join together when placed adjacent to each other. Units are generally accessed via indexers, which action all adjoining units as a single storage block. Multiple indexers can action a single storage block.

Indexer form.

Indexers support hoppers and digilines.

Maverick2797
In-game: Maverick2797

by Maverick2797 » Post

loosewheel wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 05:02
Any plans for pipeworks support?
The number you have called is not available during a solar eclipse. This message will self destruct in ten seconds in protest... [BEEP]

MisterE

by MisterE » Post

Suggestion: force field generator. It requires fuel to work, and it creates a selective force field. The force field is sized based on the amount of fuel available, (and does not function in areas that it would violate protection). It uses a bubble entity to represent the field. with digilines, you can make the field smaller, but stronger (by sending a float number). What the field does is it prevents offending players and entities from entering the area by adding velocity to them away from the field. You can enter players or entities to include or exclude from the selection parameters, and you can also send that info with digilines.

Another suggestion: colorblocks. Use the new paramtype to have a colored block that can change its color based on a digilines command without needing to register or swap a bunch of nodes. That could make possible large rgb screens.

MisterE

by MisterE » Post

error report: wierd things happen from a power source in front of a double piston. Power sources in front should not power the piston, same as the mesecons pistons

when shooting a cannon, while attached to a game controller, and you shoot it at your feet, you get sent flying back, and continue moving forever because you are attached. The cannon should be careful not to affect the controller entity.

Also, I cant seem to get the movefloor to move using just mesecons power (the docs indicate I should be able to?)

loosewheel

by loosewheel » Post

MisterE wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 04:55
error report: wierd things happen from a power source in front of a double piston. Power sources in front should not power the piston, same as the mesecons pistons

when shooting a cannon, while attached to a game controller, and you shoot it at your feet, you get sent flying back, and continue moving forever because you are attached. The cannon should be careful not to affect the controller entity.

Also, I cant seem to get the movefloor to move using just mesecons power (the docs indicate I should be able to?)
Mesecons power has to link up both ways. The powering node has to have a rule to transmit to the powered node, and the powered node has to have a rule to take power from the powering node. So just having power at a position doesn't necessarily do it. The 'default' rules for mesecons is three vertical nodes to each of the four sides, one up, direct and one down. But not directly up or directly down. While rules can be made specific for a node, the default is commonly used because it fits with how mesecons wires work.

The movefloor rules are similar to default except not directly to the sides, because that doesn't do anything. Because the movefloor is always powered diagonally, the powering node must have diagonal rules.

If using digiswitches to power the movefloor the side 'switch' has to be uses, which powers by default rules (all 12 nodes). Switching a colored side only powers that node but no diagonal nodes.

Powering only to the six direct sides gives greater precision, because you can power individual nodes adjacent to each other. Mesecons will typically power three vertically. In the wires mod wires only power these six sides for that reason.

I recently did a test of a lift using movefloors and wires. Adjacent to the move floor I placed a stack of Solid Color Conductors (not the horizontal ones), which are conductors with default rules. I ran the wires to these conductor blocks and it worked.

If this doesn't sort out your issue re-post with more details.

The other two issues will be fixed in the next update.

loosewheel

by loosewheel » Post

Maverick2797 wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:26
loosewheel wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 05:02
Any plans for pipeworks support?
Added pipeworks support for:
  • Storage Indexer
  • Dropper
  • Collector
  • Dispenser
  • Breaker
  • Deployer
  • Cannon
  • Conduit
Conduits now work in unloaded blocks, plus various bug fixes.

I have not used pipeworks before. I looked at the api and some code to work out how to implement support. If there are any issues, post them.

MisterE

Re: [Mod] LWComponents [0.1.23] [lwcomponents]

by MisterE » Post

while its great to have pipeworks support, I am very greatful for this mod in combo with hoppers; it provides a low entity count (thus lower lag) alt option to pipeworks stuff

loosewheel

by loosewheel » Post

MisterE wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 21:56
Suggestion: force field generator. It requires fuel to work, and it creates a selective force field. The force field is sized based on the amount of fuel available, (and does not function in areas that it would violate protection). It uses a bubble entity to represent the field. with digilines, you can make the field smaller, but stronger (by sending a float number). What the field does is it prevents offending players and entities from entering the area by adding velocity to them away from the field. You can enter players or entities to include or exclude from the selection parameters, and you can also send that info with digilines.

Another suggestion: colorblocks. Use the new paramtype to have a colored block that can change its color based on a digilines command without needing to register or swap a bunch of nodes. That could make possible large rgb screens.
The colorblocks; rgblightstone does this. I couldn't find it on contentdb, but its in dreambuilder game mods.

The force field looks like it might be a lag monster. When I've got time I'll experiment and see what it does.

loosewheel

by loosewheel » Post

MisterE wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 21:56
This seems to work OK, at least in single player.

It doesn't effect a radius dependant on the amount of fuel. Hoppers or tubes can be used to supply the fuel. The radius of the field can be set from 5 to 25, and the bigger the radius the more fuel it uses. Radius of 5 uses 1 coal for 50 seconds. Radius of 25 uses 1 coal for 10 seconds.

Fast moving objects (such as projectile musket balls) may penetrate the field in between field updates. The field will not repel entities with the immortal armour group.

These are expensive to craft and expensive to run, because behind a force field you're virtually untouchable.

loosewheel

Re: [Mod] LWComponents [0.1.25] [lwcomponents]

by loosewheel » Post

Update v0.1.25

Added hoppers.

With conduits now operating in unloaded blocks a hopper node has been added which also operates in unloaded blocks. While coding it I realized that hoppers from the hopper mod have a deficit that can cause storage indexers to not operate correctly in multi-player games. To keep processor demand to a minimum nodes in this mod respond to external triggers to perform their action where possible. The storage indexers place items into storage in response to it being placed into the input inventory. Hoppers from the hopper mod don't always call the inventory's callback. The hoppers from this mod always do.

These hoppers do not have an inventory. They take an item from a drop or inventory at their wide end and place it into the inventory at their narrow end, one item per second. These hoppers cannot be chained to form a transport path. While it is possible to place an inventory every second node, the conduits are far more efficient for moving items. This hopper's purpose is primarily to provide a pull/push node for conduits.

These hoppers use the registration list from the hopper mod, and so depend on it, and should work with nodes that support hoppers.

These hoppers can be rotated with a screwdriver. When rotated they behave as their typical placement.

All these do the same.

All these do the same.

Both of these do the same.

Conduits have a different visual appearance, and filtering has been added to the form. Up to eight items can be sent to specified targets.

An "inventory" digilines message was also added to facilitate intelligent filtering through digilines.

MisterE

by MisterE » Post

could you add an option for these hoppers to override the original hoppers, or is there a reason that it should not be?

loosewheel

by loosewheel » Post

MisterE wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 02:11
could you add an option for these hoppers to override the original hoppers, or is there a reason that it should not be?
The conduit hoppers are not suitable as a drop in replacement for hopper's hoppers. The conduit transport system and the hoppers system work differently. Using these hoppers integrated with a hopper transport path, in some arrangements it will work and some not. If I made these hoppers more compatible and overrode the ones in the hoppers mod, that would take away the player's choice of which system they wanted to use.

The hopper mod does work with this mod. The only issue is with storage indexers. If the player that placed the hopper leaves the game, the items the hopper places into the indexer wont automatically be placed into the storage units. When that player joins again it starts working again. For everything else they should work. Leaving the hopper mod in tack gives the player the option of using a transport system that does not operate in unloaded blocks.

jwmhjwmh
Developer

by jwmhjwmh » Post

Would it be possible to use the API of mesecons_mvps for pistons, movefloors, etc.? This would enhance compatibility with other mods such as mesecons_stickyblocks.

loosewheel

by loosewheel » Post

jwmhjwmh wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 13:00
Would it be possible to use the API of mesecons_mvps for pistons, movefloors, etc.? This would enhance compatibility with other mods such as mesecons_stickyblocks.
Until recently movefloors did use mvps but the players kept falling through the floor, so I recoded to address that issue. For the time being they're going to stay that way, because any deficit from not using mvps is outweighed by not falling to your death.

I did code the pistons without mvps because I didn't like the way it disappeared all the nodes it was pushing and then reappeared them. But I have been considering converting them to mvps for the stickyblocks reason. I still have to study the api more thoroughly but It's on the todo list.

loosewheel

Re: [Mod] LWComponents [0.1.26] [lwcomponents]

by loosewheel » Post

Update v0.1.26

Added destroyers, automated trash.
Pistons now support stickblocks.

Pistons do not use mvps because mesecons is optional, pistons can be controlled solely through digilines.

Any sticky block structure attached to the pusher will also be pushed, up to the maximum setting. Any free blocks (not attached to the sticky blocks) in front will be pushed up to the maximum setting. This limit is from the pusher, not the sticky block. When retracting a maximum of one free block depth will be pulled. Any sticky block structure extending laterally by more than half the maximum limit will not be pushed.

Any entities in front of or standing on a moving node are pushed/pulled, if nothing is in the way of their base position. Any entities against a sticky face are not pulled.

But they do disappear and reappear all the nodes. It was necessary to update mesecons connections.