[Mod] Chocolate Stuff [chocolatestuff]

lazerbeak12345
GitHub: lazerbeak12345
In-game: lazerbeak12345

[Mod] Chocolate Stuff [chocolatestuff]

by lazerbeak12345 » Post

Some of you may have noticed that farming:chocolate_dark looks like an ingot.

This mod adds chocolate tools and armor - and you can even eat the armor while wearing it. When the armor is equipped, if your hunger goes below a certain percentage you will "eat" part of your chocolate armor. This lowers the durability of your chocolate armor over time.

This mod plays nicely with other mods providing chocolate armor, uses aliases to ensure the best possible user experience.
  • Licence: GPL3 or later.
Depends on:
Optionally depends on:
  • Mtfoods mtfoods (for chocolate crumbs)
  • MoreFood (not on forum) mcl_morefood (also for dark chocolate, untested. Instant ores still relies on default. I've sent a PR to instant ores to fix this, along with 4 other things.)
  • Farming from MTG (Hoe only)
Prefers mods higher in the list over mods lower in the list. If a mod providing chocolate can't be found chocolatestuff will still provide chocolate armor - but you won't be able to craft it in survival.
Last edited by lazerbeak12345 on Tue Jan 25, 2022 22:16, edited 8 times in total.
Chocolate armor is tasty :)

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

Re: [Mod] Chocolate Stuff [chocolatestuff]

by Blockhead » Post

What flavours of farming mod are supported? I'm familiar with farming being built in to Minetest Game and also with Farming Redo by Tenplus1 and Undo (undo being the LinuxForks server fork maintained by Felfa that keeps up to date with Redo), but Farming Plus appears to be an old mod? Is it compatible anyway by having the same itemstrings?

Also, welcome to the food related mod authors club :) I'm eating as I write this :)
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

lazerbeak12345

by lazerbeak12345 » Post

Ah, sorry. I meant farming redo. Let me correct that.

kristovish
GitHub: kristovish
In-game: kristovish

by kristovish » Post

I installed the mod for my friends to enjoy on my private server. we use only farming redo and the wonderful dark_chocolate. but the armor cannot be obtained in survival mode since the chocolate_ingot and chocolate_block of the mod do not have any recipe. I thought they could be made with dark chocolate but no. When we search for "chocolate" in the GUI, the chocolatestuff ingot and block appear and the dark chocolate block and bar also appear. but they do not interact with each other. I tried to modify the code but nothing good happened. Could it be that you are still developing it and could you guide me?

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

I already made chocolate armor >:( but you did it better :(
What is SCP-055?

lazerbeak12345

by lazerbeak12345 » Post

kristovish wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 06:28
I installed the mod for my friends to enjoy on my private server. we use only farming redo and the wonderful dark_chocolate. but the armor cannot be obtained in survival mode since the chocolate_ingot and chocolate_block of the mod do not have any recipe. I thought they could be made with dark chocolate but no. When we search for "chocolate" in the GUI, the chocolatestuff ingot and block appear and the dark chocolate block and bar also appear. but they do not interact with each other. I tried to modify the code but nothing good happened. Could it be that you are still developing it and could you guide me?
Sorry about that kristovish. I wasn't subscribed, so I hadn't seen your post. Thanks for your bug report.

Apparently minetest broke how aliases work, but it was a quick fix. See 1.5.5 or later for that fix.

Also, I updated some documentation in 1.5.6 to clarify the dependency situation.

lazerbeak12345

by lazerbeak12345 » Post

Chem871 wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 15:09
Wow, I haven't seen you on the forums, contentdb, etc, for awhile. Nice to see you.

I actually made sure to make my chocolate armor compatible with yours - if both mods are present then only one chocolate armor will be available, under your mods name, but with the abilities of my mod. :) Happy eating.

(this was introduced in version 1.2. A downstream fork of your mod, moararmor got support in exactly the same way pre-version 1)

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

lazerbeak12345 wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 19:54
Chem871 wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 15:09
Wow, I haven't seen you on the forums, contentdb, etc, for awhile. Nice to see you.

I actually made sure to make my chocolate armor compatible with yours - if both mods are present then only one chocolate armor will be available, under your mods name, but with the abilities of my mod. :) Happy eating.

(this was introduced in version 1.2. A downstream fork of your mod, moararmor got support in exactly the same way pre-version 1)
I visit the forums on occasion, and I'm really only active on CTF and IFS servers.
What is SCP-055?