[Modpack] Minerals Core [1.2.1] [ns_minerals_core]

Noriel_Sylvire
GitHub: NorielSylvire
In-game: Noriel_Sylvire

[Modpack] Minerals Core [1.2.1] [ns_minerals_core]

by Noriel_Sylvire » Post

Noriel_Sylvire's Minerals Core

Minerals Core, aka nsmc, is an API that automatically registers all the crafting recipes, craftitems, ores, nodes, tools... of the minerals you want to add, so that you can type less, and do more in less time!

This API even generates colorized textures for your minerals, just give each mineral a color and watch the magic happen!
These are examples of what you can do with this API:
Items autogenerated by nsmc
screenshot_20221024_010429.png (356.86 KiB) Viewed 2430 times
screenshot_20221024_010430.png (390.46 KiB) Viewed 2430 times

Code: Select all

nsam = {} --stands for [REDACTED]
nsam.modname = "ns_[REDACTED]"
nsam.minerals = {
	{	name = "mythril",
		color = "#b5f9ff",
		mineral_type = "metal",
	},
}
nsmc.register_minerals(nsam.modname, nsam.minerals)
Let's see what happens when you leave EVERYTHING BLANK and execute the game;
This is what happens when you leave everything blank
This is what happens when you leave everything blank
screenshot_20221024_014337.png (324.29 KiB) Viewed 2430 times
The game runs as if nothing wrong happened, and your items are still generated!

Code: Select all

nsmc.register_minerals("iamgroot", {{}}) -- this is the entire init.lua

-- And below is the entire mod.conf
name = iamgroot
title = I am Groot
description = An nsmc test.
author = Noriel_Sylvire
depends = ns_minerals_core
You can customize as much (or as little) as you like. You can set only names and colors and it'll already look very convincing. The power of this API comes from the fact that you can forget about a lot of the redundant code; things like what sound a node makes when you walk on it, or each tool's full punch interval, and just focus on the specific stuff you want to customize.

Every value you don't set gets a default value by the API, so you can forget about sounds, textures, where does the ore spawn in, registering nodes, registering tens of different recipes per new mineral...
With Minerals Core you only ever need to worry about those things if you want to.

The API comes with premade grayscale textures, that can then be given a color of your choice, and used as the item and node texture of everything a mineral ever needed to have, so you don't even need to worry about making textures for your cool new minerals, there's a selection of textures in Minerals Core waiting for you!

However, of course, should you want to actually use your own textures, you can!!

Read the API documentation to learn more!

Compatibilities

The API is compatible with:
  • farming mod; auto-registration of hoes and scythes!
Planned compatibilities:
  • 3d_armor mod; auto-registration of armors and shields.
  • technic mod; auto-reg of furnace, grinder, dusts, and alloys. Possibly automation of new nuclear fuel sources.
  • techage mod; smelters and other machines, possible automation of new liquids and chemicals.
  • terumet mod; terumet machines recipes.
  • Anything you suggest and catches my eye! If there is a mod that adds machines, types of tools or types of equipment, such as bracelets, rings, etcetera, and you want me to add them to this API, just tell me! If many people ask for it I'll probably add it at some point.

How to download and install

1. Download the source code from GitHub or ContentDB
  2. Extract the .zip file into the game's \mods folder. Make sure the modpack's folder is called ns_minerals_core and has no -master or anything else at the end, and that inside the modpack's folder you can see the mod.conf file
  3. Play the game

If you want to uninstall this modpack, simply delete the modpack's folder.
Last edited by Noriel_Sylvire on Sat Jun 10, 2023 15:25, edited 4 times in total.
My Games πŸ‘ΎπŸ‰ | My Mods πŸ”§πŸ§ͺπŸŽ„πŸŽƒ | My GitHub πŸ’»πŸ“š

Noriel_Sylvire

Re: [Mod] Minerals Core [1.0] [ns_minerals_core]

by Noriel_Sylvire » Post

I just realized some psycho might be able to make a script that added minerals of tier 4 to 31000 then from -31000 to 0 and then publish a mod that added literally 62000 tiers of minerals all with random colors to the game.

I also just realized that psycho might be me some day.

c56
GitHub: tigercoding56
In-game: bm5 or bemo5 also sell_her_on55

by c56 » Post

Noriel_Sylvire wrote: ↑
Mon Oct 24, 2022 01:11
I just realized some psycho might be able to make a script that added minerals of tier 4 to 31000 then from -31000 to 0 and then publish a mod that added literally 62000 tiers of minerals all with random colors to the game.

dont you worry the max amount of registerable nodes / items is 32000 i think
this is a signature not a place to post messages also if i could change my username i would change it to sell_her_on55

alerikaisattera
GitHub: alerikaisattera

by alerikaisattera » Post

c56 wrote: ↑
Wed Oct 26, 2022 00:07

There is no limit for items. Node limit is 32768

Noriel_Sylvire

by Noriel_Sylvire » Post

Which means max number of tiers is around 16 thousand (each mineral has one ore node and one ingot node)

Noriel_Sylvire

by Noriel_Sylvire » Post

alerikaisattera wrote: ↑
Wed Oct 26, 2022 04:16

Perfect, thank you very much!

c56
GitHub: tigercoding56
In-game: bm5 or bemo5 also sell_her_on55

by c56 » Post

Wed Oct 26, 2022 04:24
alerikaisattera wrote: ↑
Wed Oct 26, 2022 04:16

Perfect, thank you very much!
wait what my guess was somewhat accurate ? how
this is a signature not a place to post messages also if i could change my username i would change it to sell_her_on55

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

Wed Oct 26, 2022 22:31
wait what my guess was somewhat accurate ? how
It's almost as if knowing your powers of two: 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, ... is handy for making guesses about the limits of our binary-based computers :P
/Λ³Λ³_Λ³Λ³]_[Λ³Λ³_Λ³Λ³]_[Λ³Λ³_Λ³Λ³\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB βœοΈβ™‚

Noriel_Sylvire

Re: [Modpack] Minerals Core [1.2] [ns_minerals_core]

by Noriel_Sylvire » Post

Update 1.2 finally released!

This release is the first one in which nsmc is a modpack, not just a mod.

I separated the mod into different modules, made each one into its own repository, and added the repositories as submodules.
I also initialized this repo and all submodules for git-flow in order to improve quality control of new releases, and in order to make it easier and tidier for new contributors to hop into the project and work on their own features without trampling each other's work!

I also updated and improved the code, and changed the documentation to reflect the new update!

The code was actually updated and separated into a modpack for over a month and a half, and the documentation has been updated for over a month, but a combination of work and studies made it so that I literally had little time for anything other than working, studying, eating and sleeping.

Yesterday was the final exam, and I could only get one and a half hours of sleep. The exam was eight hours long. But I finished it, and I would say it went well. Now I had a little bit of time to sleep and do other things so I used my time to actually set git-flow up, and release the changes!! I am sorry for making you guys wait.

Now we can finally start working on new features, providing support for more mods, etcetera. And since we have submodules and git-flow initialized, any new contributors are perfectly welcome!!! It's only me for now.

As soon as I have the time I will attempt to add new features. For now, I'm gonna rest a bit and focus on work.

LRV
Helper
GitHub: Mooncarguy
In-game: Mooncarman Mooncarguy

by LRV » Post

Some parts of this mod seem to be LGPLv2.1+, some LGPLv2.1-only. Were it possible for this mod to be released with a uniform license for the entire code (preferably LGPLv2.1+)?
This is a cool signature. :)

Mantar

by Mantar » Post

If some parts are "2.1 or later" and some are just "2.1" then you can relicense the former to later versions of the GPL. Doing anything with the latter would mean contacting the author(s) and asking their permission.
Lead dev of Exile, git repo: https://codeberg.org/Mantar/Exile

LRV
Helper
GitHub: Mooncarguy
In-game: Mooncarman Mooncarguy

by LRV » Post

Mantar wrote: ↑
Sun May 07, 2023 20:22
If some parts are "2.1 or later" and some are just "2.1" then you can relicense the former to later versions of the GPL. Doing anything with the latter would mean contacting the author(s) and asking their permission.
I am aware of this. This is why I made my post. I want use the entire modpack under LGPLv3 terms.
This is a cool signature. :)

Mantar

by Mantar » Post

Oh I get you, nevermind! :)
Lead dev of Exile, git repo: https://codeberg.org/Mantar/Exile

Noriel_Sylvire

Re: [Modpack] Minerals Core [1.2.1] [ns_minerals_core]

by Noriel_Sylvire » Post

Hey everyone!
I just updated the modpack, solving two bugs that probably made it not work for you:
  • The load order was incorrect, some mods loaded before the modpack
  • For some reason I don't exactly know yet, callbacks weren't correctly registered and executed.
I also made it possible to add metadata to registered callbacks for better debugging.

And lastly, but definitely not least, I made a mod that adds 15k+ minerals :D
And I could have easily made it add 466k minerals but the node limit in minetest is at 32k and each mineral adds 2 nodes, so that's 15k minerals.
Enjoy!

Blockhead

by Blockhead » Post

Sat Jun 10, 2023 15:31
And lastly, but definitely not least, I made a mod that adds 15k+ minerals :D
Enjoy!
P.S. As of writing you haven't submitted that ContentDB entry for review yet, make sure you do that. Even if you went through and added descriptions and screenshots you may have not realised you need to send it for review, in case this is your first time posting on ContentDB.
/Λ³Λ³_Λ³Λ³]_[Λ³Λ³_Λ³Λ³]_[Λ³Λ³_Λ³Λ³\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB βœοΈβ™‚

Noriel_Sylvire

by Noriel_Sylvire » Post

Blockhead wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 12, 2023 03:16
Sat Jun 10, 2023 15:31
P.S. As of writing you haven't submitted that ContentDB entry for review yet, make sure you do that. Even if you went through and added descriptions and screenshots you may have not realised you need to send it for review, in case this is your first time posting on ContentDB.
Hi! I could swear I recall replying to you a long time ago, I guess I didn't click on "submit" or something.
That mod got deleted because upon reviewing we came to the conclusion that it's not a correct use of contentDB's storage space because it's just a joke mod (that will honestly never get downloaded xD)
If you really want to see a set of 15k minerals with random names such as "sausage ingot" I can upload it to my google drive and post a link to it.
I could even try to set a random color for it but that would take some time.

Blockhead

by Blockhead » Post

Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:00
If you really want to see a set of 15k minerals with random names such as "sausage ingot" I can upload it to my google drive and post a link to it.
I could even try to set a random color for it but that would take some time.
I could have sworn there was already a game like that on ContentDB, not sure if it was yours or something else. All I can find right now is 100 minerals to success, but I that's not it I think. There was a game where you go through a huge number of tiers all the way to -31k. Anyway what I'm saying is it sounds like it's already been done, and as you said, is probably a bit silly and a waste of time. Spend your time on something better :)

Noriel_Sylvire

by Noriel_Sylvire » Post

LRV wrote: ↑
Sun May 07, 2023 14:04
Some parts of this mod seem to be LGPLv2.1+, some LGPLv2.1-only. Were it possible for this mod to be released with a uniform license for the entire code (preferably LGPLv2.1+)?
Hey I think I can do that. but what implications does it have? I'm still super new to licenses and I think I read that if you used a piece of software that was LGPL you must make your code still LGPL. Does that include any version of LGPL or can I go LGPLv3?

Noriel_Sylvire

by Noriel_Sylvire » Post

Blockhead wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:38
Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:00
I could have sworn there was already a game like that on ContentDB, not sure if it was yours or something else. All I can find right now is 100 minerals to success, but I that's not it I think. There was a game where you go through a huge number of tiers all the way to -31k. Anyway what I'm saying is it sounds like it's already been done, and as you said, is probably a bit silly and a waste of time. Spend your time on something better :)
Definitely not my game. But I'm actually developing this modpack for myself. Cause I haven't got any feature requests, or bug reports so far.
I'm using it for my own game too, but it hasn't been published. And the 15k minerals mod was just made as a demonstration of what this modpack can do. I made that in two hours and around three lines of code (thanks to my modpack). In fact the hardest part was actually getting a list of 15k english nouns that wouldn't crash my PC or contain forbidden characters like &.