IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

[Mod] Get Item [1.1.0] [getitem]

by Wuzzy » Post

Get Item
Inventory screen
Inventory screen
getitem.png (129.47 KiB) Viewed 1071 times

This mod allows you to get all items of the game, even those that are hidden from creative inventories. You must have the "give" privilege to use this.

This is useful for game and mod development when the game doesn't have a creative inventory or similar. Note that "all items" includes items and nodes that might break the game, so use with care.

There are three methods to open the "Get Item" inventory:
  • Bag of Everything [getitem:bag]: An item. Use the 'punch' key to open the dialog
  • Chest of Everything [getitem:chest]: A block. Place it anywhere, then press the 'place' key while pointing on it
  • "/getitem" chat command: Type it into the chat
Info and download
Last edited by Wuzzy on Mon Nov 28, 2022 21:12, edited 2 times in total.

Mr. Rar
GitHub: MrRar
In-game: MrRar

Re: [Mod] Get Item [1.0.0] [getitem]

by Mr. Rar » Post

Now I can get tnt:boom and mesh hand nodes with no problem. Excellent!
"Only in Christ do we find real love, and the fullness of life. And so I invite you today to look to Christ." - St. John Paul II

cx384
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

Re: [Mod] Get Item [1.0.0] [getitem]

by cx384 » Post

This mod would be more useful if you add a search bar to your formspec.
Can your read this?

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2

Re: [Mod] Get Item [1.0.1] [getitem]

by Wuzzy » Post

Fun fact: I wrote this mod during the 2022 Minetest Game Jam to develop Glitch. It is loosely based on the Chest of Everything that I created a while ago for Development Test, but it's much more stable. The inventory size automatically adapts to the player inventory size and shows a maximum of 40 player inventory slots, so I hope this tool will work out of the box for any game, even those with unusual inventory sizes. Also, I figured the Bag of Everything is way more useful as you don't need to awkwardly place a node. You don't believe how much time this little tool has saved me. :-)
Previously, I always just copied the chest_of_everything mod from DevTest but this wasn't too great. You should never ever use the chest_of_everything mod outside of DevTest again (but I doubt many people did), this mod has zero security precautions (not even a priv check) and is optimized specifically for DevTest.

I agree a search bar would be nice, I had it already planned. But I still need to recover from the hard work on Glitch. :D
Probably I also should integrate the code back into Development Test. Probably I'll do it when the search bar is complete (this is an old requested feature).

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2

Version 1.1.0 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 1.1.0 is released!

The search feature has been added.