Zombies4Test Modpack ( WIP)

duckgo
In-game: duckgo

Zombies4Test Modpack ( WIP)

by duckgo » Post

Zombies4Test, simple modpack inspired by "Zombies extreme" and "True Survival" mods, which adds some zombies and some other things in your world.

You will find some types of zombie:

- Walking zombie
- Crawler Zombie
- Survivor Zombie
- Lumberjack Zombie
- Doctor Zombie
- Miner Zombie
- Runner Zombie (Has higher speed than other zombies)
- Spitter Zombie (A little more life, and spits acid)
- Tank (Lots of health and lots of damage)

This modpack was created to vary my games, and now I'm sharing it with you... I really hope you like it, and in the future I may be adding new zombies, items, and other things !!

Download : https://content.minetest.net/packages/d ... bies4test/
Git : https://codeberg.org/duckgo/zombies4test
Video : https://youtu.be/nz-UoXYoI4s
Mod Review ( by: Minetest Videos) : https://youtu.be/zPHOHmewAXs

Last edited by duckgo on Mon Mar 27, 2023 16:22, edited 5 times in total.
๐ŸŽฎ Nice Texture ๐ŸŽฎ Mods ๐ŸŽฎ youtube channel ๐ŸŽฎ

Tarruvi
IRC: Tarruvi
In-game: Tarruvi

Re: Zombies4Test ( WIP)

by Tarruvi » Post

This is the kind of mod I was looking for without knowing it. The zombies add a layer of difficulty to making bases, and if you have the settlements mod installed, give a sort of foreboding atmosphere to the empty houses. Also, starting off with a club and a few items is nice. Like waking up with amnesia, with no idea where they came from.

Many of the added items are neat, like the med kits and bandages that heal health directly. And the barricades are useful when making bunkers.

One issue I came across is that the Fat Zombie's projectile seems to go through walls? Other than that, the rest of the mod works fine.

duckgo

by duckgo » Post

Tarruvi wrote: โ†‘
Sat Feb 18, 2023 16:26
This is the kind of mod I was looking for without knowing it. The zombies add a layer of difficulty to making bases, and if you have the settlements mod installed, give a sort of foreboding atmosphere to the empty houses. Also, starting off with a club and a few items is nice. Like waking up with amnesia, with no idea where they came from.

Many of the added items are neat, like the med kits and bandages that heal health directly. And the barricades are useful when making bunkers.

One issue I came across is that the Fat Zombie's projectile seems to go through walls? Other than that, the rest of the mod works fine.
I should have updated the description, but as contentdb never approved this modpack, I never came back here, the Fat zombie was removed, it was replaced by "spitter zombie ", I'll take a look at why it goes through the wall :)

duckgo

by duckgo » Post

fixed, the acid doesn't go through the wall ;)
https://codeberg.org/duckgo/zombies4tes ... /tag/0.1.2

Tarruvi
IRC: Tarruvi
In-game: Tarruvi

by Tarruvi » Post

With it fixed, houses are much safer to hide in. Thanks!

duckgo

by duckgo » Post

Tarruvi wrote: โ†‘
Sat Feb 18, 2023 18:39
With it fixed, houses are much safer to hide in. Thanks!
I agree with you ๐Ÿ˜‚

duckgo

by duckgo » Post

Now available on contentdb, I hope you like it ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ‘
downlod : https://content.minetest.net/packages/d ... bies4test/

freshreplicant
In-game: freshreplicant

by freshreplicant » Post

This idea has some promise I think, played it for a little while. It's let down a bit by the lack of polish and bugginess of ranged weapons though. I'd actually say this game would be better with 4-5 really polished guns rather than 20 something poorly polished ones.

The zombies also need some work - the ones that make noise make way too much noise and are super loud, especially once more than one gather somewhere. It'd be better if the sounds were more spaced out and quieter. It would also be interesting if a more complex spawning system were implemented, right now they just kind of spawn randomly like most Minetest/Minecraft mobs. If there was fewer persistent, wandering zombies that you could mark and sneak around or take out one by one, that would be better. So again, quality over quantity.

I'd also argue for having most of the zombies to be slower and the fast/special ones to be less well represented. Allows the player a tiny bit more of a fighting chance.

I like the idea of the structures to loot/barricade, but it would be interesting if the loot would vary more and if there were different types of structures, some better for looting, some better as defensive structures, some just to add to immersion.

One thing I discovered is that you can usually avoid most zombies by walking on the tree tops (though I have had some zombies that randomly came after me up there). I've never used it, but maybe you could implement something like the chance to fall through the leaves when climbing, like in Better Trees (ideally the zombies would be prevented from climbing somehow).

The basics are there though and I was surprised how well Minetest could lend itself to this genre.

Oh, also I get unknown items from the boxes in the houses - I think it might be some sort of soup can? I didn't check the code yet, so maybe there's just a typo there.

duckgo

by duckgo » Post

freshreplicant wrote: โ†‘
Tue Feb 21, 2023 22:02
This idea has some promise I think, played it for a little while. It's let down a bit by the lack of polish and bugginess of ranged weapons though. I'd actually say this game would be better with 4-5 really polished guns rather than 20 something poorly polished ones.

The zombies also need some work - the ones that make noise make way too much noise and are super loud, especially once more than one gather somewhere. It'd be better if the sounds were more spaced out and quieter. It would also be interesting if a more complex spawning system were implemented, right now they just kind of spawn randomly like most Minetest/Minecraft mobs. If there was fewer persistent, wandering zombies that you could mark and sneak around or take out one by one, that would be better. So again, quality over quantity.

I'd also argue for having most of the zombies to be slower and the fast/special ones to be less well represented. Allows the player a tiny bit more of a fighting chance.

I like the idea of the structures to loot/barricade, but it would be interesting if the loot would vary more and if there were different types of structures, some better for looting, some better as defensive structures, some just to add to immersion.

One thing I discovered is that you can usually avoid most zombies by walking on the tree tops (though I have had some zombies that randomly came after me up there). I've never used it, but maybe you could implement something like the chance to fall through the leaves when climbing, like in Better Trees (ideally the zombies would be prevented from climbing somehow).

The basics are there though and I was surprised how well Minetest could lend itself to this genre.

Oh, also I get unknown items from the boxes in the houses - I think it might be some sort of soup can? I didn't check the code yet, so maybe there's just a typo there.
ok, I already expected not to please everyone, I made zombies4test for myself and shared it like all the other modpacks I made, because I don't think it's cool to keep something in the drawer just for me, someone can like it, have fun, even modify it if they want.

- about the weapons, I didn't make the weapons, the modpack depends on them only because of the loots, I would like to know how to really program to create simple weapons from the modpack itself, unfortunately I don't know !!!
- about the speed of the zombies is a good tip, I'll write it down here to add it in the next version :)
- the structures I intend to add some more, I would like to find a good loot mod to help with this, and not just random drops when digging items... but the dropped items are basic, stronger weapons must be crafted :(
- actually I avoid climbing trees hehe .. but you're right, that's sabotaging , I should take that into account , I'll be putting it on the list for the next version
- I thought I had resolved the unknown items, I really don't know what item this is, I need to test a little more to find out what it is, it must be some tin really..

so, zombies4test was meant to be more hardcore, minetest players are used to slow and weak monsters, if you play minetest without mods, or some game that you can't run, I'm sorry, it will really die...
if the weapons have a lot of bugs, I can change the dependency to other weapons from some other mod, and if you know of any good loot mods, please let me know.. I'll do my best to put the tips in the next version, thanks a lot ; )

freshreplicant
In-game: freshreplicant

by freshreplicant » Post

duckgo wrote: โ†‘
Wed Feb 22, 2023 08:01
ok, I already expected not to please everyone, I made zombies4test for myself and shared it like all the other modpacks I made, because I don't think it's cool to keep something in the drawer just for me, someone can like it, have fun, even modify it if they want.
Please don't get me wrong, I wasn't attempting to criticise your work, I actually enjoyed messing around with it. If I don't enjoy something at all I generally don't leave any feedback.

I tried your mod with the bweapons modpack and it seems the weapons from that modpack are also effective against the zombies. It has more dependencies than ranged weapons though, and it also adds in some magical weapons by default. It also doesn't have the feature that ranged weapons does where you can a set amount of bullets into your gun and have to manually reload.

I'll check out future versions for sure.

By the way, I figured out that the unknown item is "foods:canned_tomato". It came up in the error message when I tried to throw it away.

duckgo

by duckgo » Post

freshreplicant wrote: โ†‘
Wed Feb 22, 2023 21:29
duckgo wrote: โ†‘
Wed Feb 22, 2023 08:01
Please don't get me wrong, I wasn't attempting to criticise your work, I actually enjoyed messing around with it. If I don't enjoy something at all I generally don't leave any feedback.

I tried your mod with the bweapons modpack and it seems the weapons from that modpack are also effective against the zombies. It has more dependencies than ranged weapons though, and it also adds in some magical weapons by default. It also doesn't have the feature that ranged weapons does where you can a set amount of bullets into your gun and have to manually reload.

I'll check out future versions for sure.

By the way, I figured out that the unknown item is "foods:canned_tomato". It came up in the error message when I tried to throw it away.
It's ok, many things you told me are already added, like not being able to walk on top of the leaves, that was the item, but it only appeared when you killed the walkingzombie...
about the weapons, I think a good replacement would be the "Nate's CTF Guns" mod, if I'm not mistaken they are the same weapons used on the "capture the flag" server, what do you think if I change to it? , remembering that this will cause a lot of unknown items for those who already got loots XD

duckgo

Re: Zombies4Test Modpack ( WIP)

by duckgo » Post

One more version with little things, and some tips given to me.. the weapons still remain the same until I receive more bug reports...

- I review withdrawals from boxes
- Decreased speed of normal zombies
- Some zombies only make sounds when they die, "Walkingzombie,doctorzimbie,crawlerzombie and spintterzombie",
so they can spawn silently.. I still don't know how to vary the sounds!!!
- Leaves no longer walkable

New structures and items coming soon, at the moment I have other things to update, and other projects, but if there are any problems, I'll be taking a look..

If you guys have interesting little builds that would be nice to add in the modpack, feel free to send me , 3 new blocks are added and that can be obtained in the creative ;)

duckgo

by duckgo » Post

Version 0.2 with more news:

- Added 3 more new structures
- "Survivor, Walking, Doctor and Runner" zombies are now able to climb ladders, so be careful..
- Tank Zombie can now throw you when it attacks, so avoid this zombie if you is too weak.
- The modpack now relies on "Simple Loots" to add loots to chests..

Hope you like it and have fun!!!

Download : https://content.minetest.net/packages/d ... bies4test/

MegaMegaMega

by MegaMegaMega » Post

Those spitter zombies are the main reason why I use guns. I use the Ranged Weapons mod and the sniper rifles are great for taking them out quickly.

The normal zombies drop so much bread that I don't need to take any food with me when I go exploring xD

duckgo

by duckgo » Post

MegaMegaMega wrote: โ†‘
Sat Mar 11, 2023 06:16
Those spitter zombies are the main reason why I use guns. I use the Ranged Weapons mod and the sniper rifles are great for taking them out quickly.

The normal zombies drop so much bread that I don't need to take any food with me when I go exploring xD
the reason they drop a lot of bread is that if you are using a mod like stamina, you need a lot of food to run, but I can reduce the amount of bread in the future XD

MegaMegaMega

by MegaMegaMega » Post

The tank doesn't have any death animation. It just suddenly disappears when dead. Bug or animation not implemented yet?

duckgo

by duckgo » Post

MegaMegaMega wrote: โ†‘
Fri Mar 24, 2023 01:24
The tank doesn't have any death animation. It just suddenly disappears when dead. Bug or animation not implemented yet?
there should be an animation, I need to see what is happening, there is also a problem at the end of death animations that I still haven't seen why that happens, but I'm trying to adapt to the operating system that I'm using at the moment to improve it again. Another thing is that I can't install blender to fix animations, the version I install has problems, so it might take a while :)

duckgo

by duckgo » Post

Hey guys, a new version of Zombies4Test is out, with some new stuff, see some of them here

ADDED
= You can interact with some items now..
- Vending machine, when clicked it shows a message
- Computer, when clicked now shows a blue screen image
- Radio, when clicked emits a sound

= NEW DECOR ITEMS :
- Dirty bed
- Flower pot

= You now also receive "jacket, tennis,pants jeans and Hat" ,as initial stuff .
= Zombies now climb stairs that are in any direction
= Zombies can now remove doors, glass and glass doors, but cannot remove steel doors or obsidian doors (Zombies only remove doors if you are less than 5 blocks away)
= "Tank" and "Spitter" zombies., do not remove doors or climb ladders.
= Spitter Zombie, now spits a poison that causes damage per second, this poison can be accumulated, and even after respawning the damage continues to be dealt.

CHANGES :
= Crates now only drop bullets and weapons
= Tank zombie kill achievement removed because of a bug

CORRECTIONS
= Green hospital block dropped unknown block
= Zombie tank animation redone

Remembering that this is still a work in progress, so there is still a lot to be improved, however, I hope you have a lot of fun ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

duckgo

by duckgo » Post

Zombies4test 0.6

- Fixed doctor zombie with 100 health..
- Added spawn animation on Tank Zombie

duckgo

by duckgo » Post

Zombies4test 0.7 ( 100 things to do on zombies4test )

"This version fixes some things, brings new items, armor and simple weapons.."

Changes :

- Zombies now climb stairs slower
- Zombies no longer take fall damage
- Poisoning has been redone, now no longer takes damage after respawning
- You can now sit in the "Armchair"
- "Cardboard box", no longer drops guns and bullets, only canned ones
- "Range Weapons" mod is now optional, choose the weapons mod you want

Added :

= New Armor
- Gas Mask
- Trash Can Lid
- Bulletproof Vest
- Police Boots
- Knee Pad
- Military
- Juggernaut

= Tools
- Katana (Range slightly higher than knife and swords)
- Chainsaw

= Guns :
"They are very simple, they refer to real weapons, but they work different, remembering
that they are still being adjusted and soon new weapons.. See details here !! "

- Cody python ( Needs : 6 Bullets )
- Glock 17 ( Needs : 6 Bullets )
- FN Scarl-L ( Needs : Cartridge)
- Sawed off Shotgun ( Needs : 2 Bullets )
- M1887 ( Needs : 6 Bullets )
- Remington 870 ( Needs : 4 Bullets )

" if there is any problem or you don't like the guns and want to use some more interesting weapon mod, you have the option to disable them in the settings ;) "

Hope you like it :)