[Mod] Smooth Camera Overhaul [smoothcam] [0.1.0]

TestificateMods
GitHub: t-affeldt
In-game: Testificate

[Mod] Smooth Camera Overhaul [smoothcam] [0.1.0]

by TestificateMods » Post

This mod overhauls the 3rd person camera by dynamically adjusting the eye offset based on movement direction. It doesn't have any effect on the 1st person view.

No longer will your character be glued to the center of the screen! Inspired by modern action games, I was looking for a way to make the camera lazily follow rather than always center you. The method is slightly hacky but the result looks so much more modern.

This is currently just a proof-of-concept. I expect some very mild conflicts with animation mods (though testing so far looks promising) and whatever else would change your eye offset. "3D Armors" and "Character Animations" work just fine, so most setups shouldn't have any issues. If you do encounter any conflicts, please let me know as they will require manual patching.

Here's a very short video that doesn't really do it justice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZZBfEco-vw
Best to just throw it onto a singleplayer world and test it for yourself. Works with any subgame.

Requirements: none
License (Code): MIT
No media assets used

Download Source Code

Unacceptium_core
GitHub: Unacceptium
IRC: same as ingame names
In-game: unacceptium or unbihexium or ununennium or unbiquadium

Re: [Mod] Smooth Camera Overhaul [smoothcam] [0.1.0]

by Unacceptium_core » Post

i got an error message when trying to load it in 5.5.0 android.
🇭🇺-i play on android! Metrotest map

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

Re: [Mod] Smooth Camera Overhaul [smoothcam] [0.1.0]

by Blockhead » Post

Unacceptium_core wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 08:39
i got an error message when trying to load it in 5.5.0 android.
The mod uses an API helper function vector.combine that wasn't added until 5.6. Since the function is just written into Lua, I have created a mod that adds it to the game, called bhpolyfill.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂