[Mod] SovietTest [soviet]

MCL
GitHub: MCLx86
IRC: migdyn
In-game: singleplayer

[Mod] SovietTest [soviet]

by MCL » Post

What is SovietTest?
April 25 update: please stop whining about unrelated politics; I don't want this thread to get locked. If you want to debate me, you can do so on IRC.

Sept 18 update: msg above is sadly still relevant ;/

SovietTest is a mod for MineTest that adds Soviet-themed nodes
that can be used in recreations of Soviet/post-Soviet landscapes or cities.

# Part of the XtreemXpansion

License: Expat license
Img license: CC BY 4.0 Int'l
See LICENSE.TXT for more info.

Download: https://archive.org/download/SovietTest ... -0.9.0.zip
depends: stairs
optional depends: sounds mod, required only when using a game not based on MTG

Inspiration:

MineTest/XtreemTest
Last edited by MCL on Mon Sep 18, 2023 01:09, edited 2 times in total.
2014-02-14 - 2024-02-14 TEN YEARS OF MCL

Tim790
GitHub: Tim79000
In-game: Tim7

Re: [Mod] SovietTest [soviet]

by Tim790 » Post

Nice, I personally just like, LOVE communism, so inspiring.
Yeet.

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

This was originally developed for Insane Protestor in the 2022 Game Jam, correct?
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

Tim790

by Tim790 » Post

Yeah, why
Yeet.

JALdMIC
In-game: None

by JALdMIC » Post

I don't speak English
You are not worry of what can happen posting this whit the situation in the world,even i see in the notices about campaigns again games only for have soviet content(atomic heart),i even remember what happen with xtreemesex.

W3RQ01
GitHub: W3RQ01
In-game: Dario23 or W3RQ01

by W3RQ01 » Post

you couldn't have chosen a worse time to post this man.
OneUnitedPower

MCL

by MCL » Post

Blockhead wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 01:51
This was originally developed for Insane Protestor in the 2022 Game Jam, correct?
Yes

MCL

by MCL » Post

JALdMIC wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:57
I don't speak English
You are not worry of what can happen posting this whit the situation in the world,even i see in the notices about campaigns again games only for have soviet content(atomic heart),i even remember what happen with xtreemesex.
No, I am not "worry of what can happen". I'm not even sure what "situation" you're referring to, the Coronavirus epidemic, perhaps?

The libel campaign against Atomic Heart was primarily due to them literally admitting to sharing their users' data with the FSB, meaning the game is likely spyware, which most popular games these days are, but this one stood out to people because they admitted to it outright in their privacy policy.

W3RQ01 wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 19:00
you couldn't have chosen a worse time to post this man.
What's wrong with palindromic dates?

JALdMIC

by JALdMIC » Post

I don't speak English
I was talking about the boycott again Atomic Heart for remove the game even from Steam,but i revise the notices and the boycott just fail(3D Game says boycott of atomic heart has been a failure that proves a large number of players who have enjoyed it),so maybe there's no real problem with this(i traduce from a page in spanish).

Komodo
GitHub: MeseCraft
In-game: Komodo

by Komodo » Post

Please add support for starving, gulags, genocides, and dictators. I would like the SovietTest/Communism simulator to be historically accurate. Thanks.
🌎 Website | 🌲 MeseCraft Game | 📰 News | 🖌️ ContentDB

Tim790

by Tim790 » Post

Komodo wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 18:42
Please add support for starving, gulags, genocides, and dictators. I would like the SovietTest/Communism simulator to be historically accurate. Thanks.
Good idea, also, make it so every time you mine, you have to share 98% of the stones with government. It's fair and square.
Yeet.

MCL

by MCL » Post

Komodo wrote:
Starving: there already exist mod that add hunger

Gulags: Can easily be built from existing nodes

Genocides: As appealing as the concept of genocide might sound, it is outside the scope of the mod and would probably send the mods on a psychotic episode, similarly to XtreemSex and Offensive Flags/offend_flags.

Dictators: Outside the scope of this mod

MCL

by MCL » Post

Tim790 wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 18:58
Good idea, also, make it so every time you mine, you have to share 98% of the stones with government. It's fair and square.
In MineTest's case. the server owners are the government so they should be the ones enforcing such rules.

Josselin2
GitHub: axcore
In-game: Josselin

by Josselin2 » Post

Ideally, this mod should be able to detect wrongthink in its own creator and, when found, to rewrite its own code. This will save higher authorities the bother of having to perform that function themselves.

56independent_actual
IRC: independent56
In-game: 56independent

by 56independent_actual » Post

MCL wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 16:28
What's wrong with palindromic dates?
The thing is, that's not the problem. More than a year ago, Putin launched their invasion of Ukraine, which luckily failed miserably at its goal. The war in Ukraine was bubbling for about a decade at the time but only then did it come to public eyes.

This has now led to most of the world having a negative view of quite a few Russian things, such as their oil, their power over the world, or their nukes. This has also led to a realisation of the bad things that happened during the Soviet union, such as their manufactured famine-genocide designed to destroy Ukraine, their gulags for emprisioning those against the USSR, and many more things.

Whilst the Soviet union may draw a sense of wonder to those who have not lived inside it, making content based off it for an international audience during this time is not appropiate and will not be accepted by some people.

And what's worse is that you are using a date format used only in America when dealing with an international audience. Mae fel siarad iaith leiafrifol mewn lleoliad cyhoeddus!
Warnig: Al my laguage ekscept English is bad, includig Hungarian (magyàränoлиски), Spanish (esпagnyoл), and Russian (рÿсскïанöл).

JALdMIC

by JALdMIC » Post

I don't speak English

For MCL i only want to say who personally i don' have anything against communism,the first post who i write was for warning you of the type of attention what those you are doing will attract,i am impressed a little who after all the comments yow continue with this and i thing is something brave of your part,i don' know if this can be useful for you but i see in Post your Screenshots who shadomorde is creating a mod for generate cities(it appears to me who with someone else)and need more buildings so maybe what you here doing or already do can be useful for then,about the commentary's i will give you a example of another game who receives a bad press for a politic matter,the Medal of Honor from 2010,even with all, i tough who is one of the best games of the saga(is my second favorite) for the good done who is and is history and the moralty lesson who i tought who try to tell(or maybe was only my imagination)

Para MCL solo quiero decir que personalmente no tengo realmente nada contra el comunismo,el primer post que publique fue realmente para advertirte del tipo de atencion que lo que estabas haciendo iva a atraer,
por cierto me impreciona un poco que despues de todos los comentarios sigas con esto y creo que es algo valiente de tu parte,no se si esto te pueda ser util pero he visto en lo de poner imagenes que shadomorde
esta creando un mod para generar ciudades(creo que junto ha alguien mas) y necesitan mas edificios asi que los que estes haciendo o hallas hecho podrian serle utiles,sobre los comentarios te dare un ejemplo de
otro juego que recivio una mala prensa por un asunto politico,el Medalla de Honor del 2010,ha pesar de todo creo que es uno de los mejores juegos de la saga(es mi segundo favorito) por lo bien hecha que esta su historia
y la moraleja que creo que intenta dar(o tal vez solo sea mi imaginacion).

56independent_actual
IRC: independent56
In-game: 56independent

by 56independent_actual » Post

JALdMIC wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:38
I don't speak English

Para MCL solo quiero decir que personalmente no tengo realmente nada contra el comunismo,el primer post que publique fue realmente para advertirte del tipo de atencion que lo que estabas haciendo iva a atraer,
por cierto me impreciona un poco que despues de todos los comentarios sigas con esto y creo que es algo valiente de tu parte,no se si esto te pueda ser util pero he visto en lo de poner imagenes que shadomorde
esta creando un mod para generar ciudades(creo que junto ha alguien mas) y necesitan mas edificios asi que los que estes haciendo o hallas hecho podrian serle utiles,sobre los comentarios te dare un ejemplo de
otro juego que recivio una mala prensa por un asunto politico,el Medalla de Honor del 2010,ha pesar de todo creo que es uno de los mejores juegos de la saga(es mi segundo favorito) por lo bien hecha que esta su historia
y la moraleja que creo que intenta dar(o tal vez solo sea mi imaginacion).
No hablo Español.

Mi mensaje no es para su mensaje; es para el mensaje de W3RQ01, quien dece no es un beuno idea para publicar la modificaccion esta año (probable porque la guerra Ukrainia).

My message was not directed at you, but instead at W3RQ01 who said that it was not a good idea to publish the mod right now, likely due to the war in Ukraine.
Warnig: Al my laguage ekscept English is bad, includig Hungarian (magyàränoлиски), Spanish (esпagnyoл), and Russian (рÿсскïанöл).

L-Dog
GitHub: N-nec
In-game: L-Dog

by L-Dog » Post

i like the look of this ... though the buildings look depressing its accurate.

L-Dog

by L-Dog » Post

Komodo wrote:
i think your being a little harsh here... communism is not the problem, its the leaders as seen in the western world and the 3rd world... the system is good, you cant fault it for protecting its people.

New World Order is coming bro, dont say i didnt warn you about it, its coming in this decade.

albeit ill be on FBI list now, they can **** **** *** **** and *** *** ** ****** my grandad

Josselin2
GitHub: axcore
In-game: Josselin

by Josselin2 » Post

L-Dog wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 15:38
communism is not the problem
110,000,000 dead and counting

L-Dog

by L-Dog » Post

Josselin2 wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 05:56
L-Dog wrote:
incorrect figures

rudzik8
GitHub: rudzik8
In-game: db75c and rudzik8

by rudzik8 » Post

L-Dog wrote:
i think your being a little harsh here... communism is not the problem, its the leaders as seen in the western world and the 3rd world... the system is good, you cant fault it for protecting its people.
Когда-нибудь ты поймёшь, что был не прав.
MineClone2 dev and modder and the creator of Voxelgarden (revived) || Codeberg

L-Dog

by L-Dog » Post

rudzik8 wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 04:13
L-Dog wrote:
Когда-нибудь ты поймёшь, что был не прав.
I dont want to debate it here, both hands have blood on them

MCL

by MCL » Post

L-Dog wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 15:32
Thank you for the kind words! I know the nodes look somewhat ugly, but those were my intentions.
L-Dog wrote:

Communism is the problem. It is an inherently statist ideology that is openly against freedom of speech and freedom of association.
L-Dog wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:43
Josselin2 wrote:
L-Dog wrote:
incorrect figures
Yes, that number is indeed highly inflated.

L-Dog

by L-Dog » Post

MCL wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 01:34
L-Dog wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 15:32
Thank you for the kind words! I know the nodes look somewhat ugly, but those were my intentions.
L-Dog wrote:

Communism is the problem. It is an inherently statist ideology that is openly against freedom of speech and freedom of association.
L-Dog wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:43
Josselin2 wrote:

incorrect figures
Yes, that number is indeed highly inflated.
i dont want to disagree ... im open to a discussion... imagine a communist state under fair rule?.. it would be ideal.. i know the dark side, i know that the system wants what it wants.

but for Capitalism for what have we gained? other than less money.

i dont want to argue, disagree, or anything... i see bad in all sides

Your Mod looks amazing, it captures the vibe.. and for that its good work , to recreate soviet vibe takes skill