Page 3 of 4

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 05:06
by jojoa1997

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 05:08
by jojoa1997
jordan4ibanez wrote:
jojoa1997 wrote:
jordan4ibanez wrote:Honestly, i have no idea what you just said


I downloaded this mod, edited it to spawn npcs.
Change all the vombie(minetest zombie) names to npc names.
Here is the vombie link. http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=629

That's probably not going to work at all, ever lol.


By the way I got it to spawn now I just need to tidy it up and fix the spawn blocks themselves really.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 16:09
by babe223
Image
the horse could be?
I took this image of the mod minecraft see here the link of the mod
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1078787-144-simply-horses-mod-alpha-053a-smp-or-bust-part-a-new-old-steering-is-back/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 16:14
by jojoa1997
Ride horse= fast
Ride horse with saddle= mega fast

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 17:49
by jojoa1997
jordan4ibanez wrote:
Chinchow wrote:Do you mind if I attempt a very simple village mod that uses parts of this code?

Go ahead


This might help. http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=557

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 17:51
by 4aiman
Minetest 0.4.3:
Code: Select all
21:49:21: ERROR[main]: ServerError: LuaError: error running function 'on_step': ..../games/minetest_36c17b0/mods/addn_mods/npc/init.lua:173: attempt to call method 'set_animation' (a nil value)


Do I need 0.4.4?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 18:21
by PilzAdam
4aiman wrote:Minetest 0.4.3:
Code: Select all
21:49:21: ERROR[main]: ServerError: LuaError: error running function 'on_step': ..../games/minetest_36c17b0/mods/addn_mods/npc/init.lua:173: attempt to call method 'set_animation' (a nil value)


Do I need 0.4.4?

Sure.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 07:45
by markveidemanis
can you make the villagers atand still, and when clicked on with a sitting device, they will follow you. maybe you can an admin npc and give tools: stay, follow, sit. i know its not a dog, but it's kinda fun, as i said on irc

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 06:00
by 4aiman
I don't know, whether it's a bug, or my game just glitching, but whenever I hit an NPC with a steel sword (didn't check other weapons/items) that very NPC becomes unlimited-hostile.
By @unlimited@ I mean that, even if I'm flying in the air, the NPC somehow is able to hit me and decrease my HP.
Here's a little picture (800x600, 81.22 KB):
Image
I'm VERY far from the NPC, but it still hurts!

PS: Is it normal when I hit 1 NPC and all NPCs that surround him became hostile?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 21:31
by jojoa1997
is there a way to turn hostile off

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 07:03
by 4aiman
jojoa1997,
They're neutral at the day time while you didn't hurt them. If you're OK with that, you could try to remove some lines from init.lua which makes them hostile at the night time.


A little offtopic... or not?
Anyway, I've noticed (yeah, I've read changelog ;)) that players are 3d now and they share the same model with NPCs, right?
So, PilzAdam, is there a way to add selected item mesh to the "hands" of npc/player? (Maybe by using added in 0.4.4 ability to "link" the entities?) That way anyone would know whether another player/mob is preparing an attack with his/her sword or just holding some block.
I'm saying "mobs", because a hostile 24/7 NPC is a mob to me :)

Moreover, is it possible to make mobs "draw their weapons" when they get hurt by someone?

And even more: could you possibly add some kind of config file, so mod would read it and add various NPC?
That file could be smth like this:
Code: Select all
+---------------+------------------------+--------------------------------+-----------------------------+
|               |     Name, HP, Speed,   |                                |                             |
|     ID        | Weapon, Mesh, Textures |             Type               |      profession             |
+---------------+------------------------+--------------------------------+-----------------------------+
| IDK for       | Obvious for a mob/npc  | 0 - neutral mob                | if type=0 or type=1 then:   |
| what purpose, | properties, maybe some |     (never becomes hostile,    | 0 - animal (domestic/wild)  |
| it's just a   | privileges, like       |      but runs away if hurt)    | 1..n - npc/villager         |
| habbit ;)     | flying (but the last   | 1 - passive mob #1             |                             |
|               | one is too early to    |     (becomes hostile, if hurt) | IDK, what "professions" are |
|               | think about).          | 2 - passive mob #2             | needed, but it'll be good   |
|               |                        |     (hostile at night,         | to have a Smith and a       |
|               |                        |      otherwise passive;        | merchant. Maybe a doctor    |
|               |                        |      becomes hostile, if hurt) | would be nice.              |
|               |                        | 3 - regular mob (hostile 24/7) |                             |
+---------------+------------------------+--------------------------------+-----------------------------+

Using such a file could help others to add their own mobs/npc.

PS: All above is just questions, though. Don't get me wrong, please!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:17
by jojoa1997
4aiman wrote:jojoa1997,
They're neutral at the day time while you didn't hurt them. If you're OK with that, you could try to remove some lines from init.lua which makes them hostile at the night time.


A little offtopic... or not?
Anyway, I've noticed (yeah, I've read changelog ;)) that players are 3d now and they share the same model with NPCs, right?
So, PilzAdam, is there a way to add selected item mesh to the "hands" of npc/player? (Maybe by using added in 0.4.4 ability to "link" the entities?) That way anyone would know whether another player/mob is preparing an attack with his/her sword or just holding some block.
I'm saying "mobs", because a hostile 24/7 NPC is a mob to me :)


Moreover, is it possible to make mobs "draw their weapons" when they get hurt by someone?

And even more: could you possibly add some kind of config file, so mod would read it and add various NPC?
That file could be smth like this:
Code: Select all
+---------------+------------------------+--------------------------------+-----------------------------+
|               |     Name, HP, Speed,   |                                |                             |
|     ID        | Weapon, Mesh, Textures |             Type               |      profession             |
+---------------+------------------------+--------------------------------+-----------------------------+
| IDK for       | Obvious for a mob/npc  | 0 - neutral mob                | if type=0 or type=1 then:   |
| what purpose, | properties, maybe some |     (never becomes hostile,    | 0 - animal (domestic/wild)  |
| it's just a   | privileges, like       |      but runs away if hurt)    | 1..n - npc/villager         |
| habbit ;)     | flying (but the last   | 1 - passive mob #1             |                             |
|               | one is too early to    |     (becomes hostile, if hurt) | IDK, what "professions" are |
|               | think about).          | 2 - passive mob #2             | needed, but it'll be good   |
|               |                        |     (hostile at night,         | to have a Smith and a       |
|               |                        |      otherwise passive;        | merchant. Maybe a doctor    |
|               |                        |      becomes hostile, if hurt) | would be nice.              |
|               |                        | 3 - regular mob (hostile 24/7) |                             |
+---------------+------------------------+--------------------------------+-----------------------------+

Using such a file could help others to add their own mobs/npc.

PS: All above is just questions, though. Don't get me wrong, please!


I mean could you make a command Vanessa wont have it on here server unless it is always peaceful even if you hit the npc. Also could the command need the server priv. I also would want to have them sometimes hostile in single player but other rimes peaceful.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 16:32
by jojoa1997
Is the above post possible

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 18:15
by jojoa1997
Any news?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 03:32
by jordan4ibanez
I changed the license to WTFPL so anyone can make a mod of it, but please, no one make a shitty mod of it, i haven't tested this, but it sounds pretty good :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 04:44
by RobotSnakeMaster
I got this and my lag reduced!!

I had:
More Ores
Stairs+
Moreblocks
Nuke
Mesecons 0.5

P.S: Why can`t I find a single NPC?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 05:30
by jojoa1997
jordan4ibanez wrote:I changed the license to WTFPL so anyone can make a mod of it, but please, no one make a shitty mod of it, i haven't tested this, but it sounds pretty good :)


Thank you. I was wondering if we could collaborate to make a better mod. You could have normal NPCs while i have peaceful ones. :-)
Also i am a beginner modder so i only know how to do basic stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 05:33
by RobotSnakeMaster
After I added a Herobrine texture and put it in the .lua file, i cant run minetest or it says"ModError: Failed to load and run the init.lua file.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 05:35
by jojoa1997
That is my problem. jordan4ipbanez where is the npc health set in the script?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 05:48
by RobotSnakeMaster
I have made a Slenderman Texture and put it in this one, replacing the zombie.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 05:07
by jordan4ibanez
Here is a version of santa which will turn smoothly, I have not yet made it turn with calculations based on which direction to turn left or right is smoother, but here is a simple sample of it, it's quite nice.
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/cs0vhq8kkzpcvre/santa.zip?dl=1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 02:14
by aximx51v
Wow. really cool intellegence on these NPCs!
any idea's as to why I'm not getting injured? they chase me, i let them walk inside of me, but i could stand there all day and they never do damage. i run 4.4-d1, does it need to be a different version?
also, the game likes to crash whenever an NPC jumps while occupying the same space as me.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 02:30
by jojoa1997
aximx51v wrote:Wow. really cool intellegence on these NPCs!
any idea's as to why I'm not getting injured? they chase me, i let them walk inside of me, but i could stand there all day and they never do damage. i run 4.4-d1, does it need to be a different version?
also, the game likes to crash whenever an NPC jumps while occupying the same space as me.

Is your damage off.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 04:09
by Mito551
PilzAdam wrote:Maybe you should think about using the Simple Mobs API.

+1

jojoa1997 wrote:
aximx51v wrote:Wow. really cool intellegence on these NPCs!
any idea's as to why I'm not getting injured? they chase me, i let them walk inside of me, but i could stand there all day and they never do damage. i run 4.4-d1, does it need to be a different version?
also, the game likes to crash whenever an NPC jumps while occupying the same space as me.

Is your damage off.

do you have armors mod installed?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 16:51
by aximx51v
Mito551 wrote:
PilzAdam wrote:Maybe you should think about using the Simple Mobs API.

+1

jojoa1997 wrote:
aximx51v wrote:Wow. really cool intellegence on these NPCs!
any idea's as to why I'm not getting injured? they chase me, i let them walk inside of me, but i could stand there all day and they never do damage. i run 4.4-d1, does it need to be a different version?
also, the game likes to crash whenever an NPC jumps while occupying the same space as me.

Is your damage off.

do you have armors mod installed?


The "enable damage" box is checked. I do have the armor (older version) mod installed, and i had wondered if that could be the issue, but when i removed my armor (in the game) it didn't seem to affect anything. MOB framework works well with the armor mod, i guess i just assumed that the NPC did too.

I just removed the armor mod, and yes, that was it. i now get damage. is there a way to fix the compatibility, or does the newer armor mod work?