[GAME] Moontest! (Back from the Dead!) [GAME]

User avatar
Zsoltisawesome
Member
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 18:07
Location: Utah, USA
GitHub: YellowberryHN
IRC: YellowberryHN
In-game: YellowberryHN

by Zsoltisawesome » Thu Mar 28, 2013 22:55

captainfap wrote:ok so what i mean is go to minetest-0.4.5/worlds/worldname/env_meta.txt... there you find the some numbers change it to look like this...

Image

than the world be at that time the next time you log in


AW CMON!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant go to imgur its blocked on this computer
Last edited by Zsoltisawesome on Thu Mar 28, 2013 22:55, edited 1 time in total.
Check Out Moontest! http://hnss.gq/moontest
Buddies: Likwid H-Craft, 0gb.us, Death, Starfellow, asie, and many more!
 

User avatar
Likwid H-Craft
Member
 
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 14:20
Location: Lost in Crypt

by Likwid H-Craft » Fri Mar 29, 2013 03:11

I not making my own I am helping you, but later maybe make my own, so I can have minetest default and a, new area...

Oh and how deep should the ore be?
My Domain's/others:
http://likwidtest.hj.cx/ (Not Done)
 

prestidigitator
Member
 
Posts: 640
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 23:54

by prestidigitator » Fri Mar 29, 2013 04:53

You know what would be really neat? (The moon rock/sand textures and the issue of tiling someone mentioned made me think of this.) Procedural textures, like in Blender. Might not be too difficult to add them to the "[cmd..." style texture formats, either, so the client/server communication wouldn't have to change a bit. I think the only real thing that would have to be added is code to the client to render the textures. As long as it was a requirement that the texture noise functions have a period that is a multiple of 1 (that is, a whole number of blocks on a side), the client could cache texture blocks to help performance. Eventually the procedural textures could even be implemented in GLSL for little to no performance hit.

The great benefit here would be that not every block of the same type (dirt, grass, etc.) would have to look exactly the same. The eye would detect much fewer periodically repeating patterns. It's also very easy to make noise-based textures automatically tile seamlessly.
Last edited by prestidigitator on Fri Mar 29, 2013 04:54, edited 1 time in total.
 

User avatar
Likwid H-Craft
Member
 
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 14:20
Location: Lost in Crypt

by Likwid H-Craft » Fri Mar 29, 2013 13:22

Ok, to what you know if didn't see my list but I made sounds so if you like, Zsoltisawesome I can send them to you, soon as I get them the right pich.
My Domain's/others:
http://likwidtest.hj.cx/ (Not Done)
 

User avatar
jojoa1997
Member
 
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 05:11
Location: Earth

by jojoa1997 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 13:36

What did I do that i am added to the contribufters
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right
 

User avatar
LionLAD
Member
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 21:50
Location: behind you

by LionLAD » Fri Mar 29, 2013 13:43

jojoa1997 wrote:Maybe have an earth texture and a sun texture in The sky. You could have both things moving at different speeds so sometimes earth an moon is up and other times just the sun is up.



this jojoa
In game names:LAD,captainLAD,LionLAD
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
 

User avatar
Likwid H-Craft
Member
 
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 14:20
Location: Lost in Crypt

by Likwid H-Craft » Fri Mar 29, 2013 13:44

I wish we can do this it will, make it possble go other places...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IolGDRokUW8&feature=player_embedded
Last edited by Likwid H-Craft on Fri Mar 29, 2013 13:44, edited 1 time in total.
My Domain's/others:
http://likwidtest.hj.cx/ (Not Done)
 

User avatar
LionLAD
Member
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 21:50
Location: behind you

by LionLAD » Fri Mar 29, 2013 13:46

Zsoltisawesome wrote:
captainfap wrote:ok so what i mean is go to minetest-0.4.5/worlds/worldname/env_meta.txt... there you find the some numbers change it to look like this...

Image

than the world be at that time the next time you log in


AW CMON!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant go to imgur its blocked on this computer


... oh that sucks but i'll tell you the directory to it minetest-0.4.5/worlds/worldname/env_meta.txt and it the env_mesta.txt there will something like this game_time = 320 time_of_day = 0EnvArgsEnd change both to 05000 as you wanted
In game names:LAD,captainLAD,LionLAD
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
 

User avatar
Zsoltisawesome
Member
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 18:07
Location: Utah, USA
GitHub: YellowberryHN
IRC: YellowberryHN
In-game: YellowberryHN

by Zsoltisawesome » Fri Mar 29, 2013 15:19

Likwid H-Craft wrote:Ok, to what you know if didn't see my list but I made sounds so if you like, Zsoltisawesome I can send them to you, soon as I get them the right pich.


Nice! I Just Sent A Pull Request into minecraft/common for obsidian stairs
Check Out Moontest! http://hnss.gq/moontest
Buddies: Likwid H-Craft, 0gb.us, Death, Starfellow, asie, and many more!
 

User avatar
Zsoltisawesome
Member
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 18:07
Location: Utah, USA
GitHub: YellowberryHN
IRC: YellowberryHN
In-game: YellowberryHN

by Zsoltisawesome » Fri Mar 29, 2013 15:19

captainfap wrote:
Zsoltisawesome wrote:
captainfap wrote:ok so what i mean is go to minetest-0.4.5/worlds/worldname/env_meta.txt... there you find the some numbers change it to look like this...

Image

than the world be at that time the next time you log in


AW CMON!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant go to imgur its blocked on this computer


... oh that sucks but i'll tell you the directory to it minetest-0.4.5/worlds/worldname/env_meta.txt and it the env_mesta.txt there will something like this game_time = 320 time_of_day = 0EnvArgsEnd change both to 05000 as you wanted


You Explained it well enough :D
Check Out Moontest! http://hnss.gq/moontest
Buddies: Likwid H-Craft, 0gb.us, Death, Starfellow, asie, and many more!
 

User avatar
Zsoltisawesome
Member
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 18:07
Location: Utah, USA
GitHub: YellowberryHN
IRC: YellowberryHN
In-game: YellowberryHN

by Zsoltisawesome » Fri Mar 29, 2013 15:20

Likwid H-Craft wrote:I wish we can do this it will, make it possble go other places...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IolGDRokUW8&feature=player_embedded


well... we could have a portal and make 2 maps... but that would be extremely hard
Check Out Moontest! http://hnss.gq/moontest
Buddies: Likwid H-Craft, 0gb.us, Death, Starfellow, asie, and many more!
 

User avatar
Zsoltisawesome
Member
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 18:07
Location: Utah, USA
GitHub: YellowberryHN
IRC: YellowberryHN
In-game: YellowberryHN

by Zsoltisawesome » Fri Mar 29, 2013 15:21

captainfap wrote:
jojoa1997 wrote:Maybe have an earth texture and a sun texture in The sky. You could have both things moving at different speeds so sometimes earth an moon is up and other times just the sun is up.



this jojoa


Yup!
Check Out Moontest! http://hnss.gq/moontest
Buddies: Likwid H-Craft, 0gb.us, Death, Starfellow, asie, and many more!
 

User avatar
Likwid H-Craft
Member
 
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 14:20
Location: Lost in Crypt

by Likwid H-Craft » Fri Mar 29, 2013 15:22

I know I am thinking see if, the nether mod will help out since It has, a new map area :)

oh heres the pic you couldn't see I did omploader :)
Image
Last edited by Likwid H-Craft on Fri Mar 29, 2013 15:23, edited 1 time in total.
My Domain's/others:
http://likwidtest.hj.cx/ (Not Done)
 

User avatar
Zsoltisawesome
Member
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 18:07
Location: Utah, USA
GitHub: YellowberryHN
IRC: YellowberryHN
In-game: YellowberryHN

by Zsoltisawesome » Fri Mar 29, 2013 15:59

Likwid H-Craft wrote:I know I am thinking see if, the nether mod will help out since It has, a new map area :)

oh heres the pic you couldn't see I did omploader :)
Image


Thx!
Check Out Moontest! http://hnss.gq/moontest
Buddies: Likwid H-Craft, 0gb.us, Death, Starfellow, asie, and many more!
 

User avatar
Likwid H-Craft
Member
 
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 14:20
Location: Lost in Crypt

by Likwid H-Craft » Fri Mar 29, 2013 16:02

Np...
Hey what is the, Jungle grass and, grass going be on the moon? Moon Plants?
My Domain's/others:
http://likwidtest.hj.cx/ (Not Done)
 

User avatar
Tedypig
Member
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:33
Location: Largo, FL, USA
IRC: Piggybear87
In-game: Piggybear

by Tedypig » Fri Mar 29, 2013 17:17

Likwid H-Craft wrote:Np...
Hey what is the, Jungle grass and, grass going be on the moon? Moon Plants?


I would remove them completly. There are no plants on the moon.
01010100 01100101 01100100 01111001 01110000 01101001 01100111
 

User avatar
Zsoltisawesome
Member
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 18:07
Location: Utah, USA
GitHub: YellowberryHN
IRC: YellowberryHN
In-game: YellowberryHN

by Zsoltisawesome » Fri Mar 29, 2013 17:22

Tedypig wrote:
Likwid H-Craft wrote:Np...
Hey what is the, Jungle grass and, grass going be on the moon? Moon Plants?


I would remove them completly. There are no plants on the moon.


ya... that sounds easy... but the mapgen might not like it

Edit: Testing... SHOOT, I Removed papyrus cacti and junglegrass and it started flooding errors saying:
Code: Select all
11:26:59: ERROR[EmergeThread]: Map::setNode(): Not allowing to place CONTENT_IGNORE while trying to replace "air" at (430,6,137) (block (26,0,8))


I Hate to say it, but "I Told Ya So!"
Last edited by Zsoltisawesome on Fri Mar 29, 2013 17:29, edited 1 time in total.
Check Out Moontest! http://hnss.gq/moontest
Buddies: Likwid H-Craft, 0gb.us, Death, Starfellow, asie, and many more!
 

User avatar
Traxie21
Member
 
Posts: 753
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:48
Location: McKinney, Texas U.S.A.

by Traxie21 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 17:31

Do you have a download for this? I could help if so.
 

User avatar
Likwid H-Craft
Member
 
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 14:20
Location: Lost in Crypt

by Likwid H-Craft » Fri Mar 29, 2013 17:34

Zsoltisawesome wrote:
Tedypig wrote:
Likwid H-Craft wrote:Np...
Hey what is the, Jungle grass and, grass going be on the moon? Moon Plants?


I would remove them completly. There are no plants on the moon.


ya... that sounds easy... but the mapgen might not like it

Edit: Testing... SHOOT, I Removed papyrus cacti and junglegrass and it started flooding errors saying:
Code: Select all
11:26:59: ERROR[EmergeThread]: Map::setNode(): Not allowing to place CONTENT_IGNORE while trying to replace "air" at (430,6,137) (block (26,0,8))


I Hate to say it, but "I Told Ya So!"


Set the plants textures to blank and, walkthough.

Edit:But should there be liquids?
Last edited by Likwid H-Craft on Fri Mar 29, 2013 17:35, edited 1 time in total.
My Domain's/others:
http://likwidtest.hj.cx/ (Not Done)
 

User avatar
Zsoltisawesome
Member
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 18:07
Location: Utah, USA
GitHub: YellowberryHN
IRC: YellowberryHN
In-game: YellowberryHN

by Zsoltisawesome » Fri Mar 29, 2013 17:34

Anyone have an astronaut MC skin? please put on github
Check Out Moontest! http://hnss.gq/moontest
Buddies: Likwid H-Craft, 0gb.us, Death, Starfellow, asie, and many more!
 

User avatar
Zsoltisawesome
Member
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 18:07
Location: Utah, USA
GitHub: YellowberryHN
IRC: YellowberryHN
In-game: YellowberryHN

by Zsoltisawesome » Fri Mar 29, 2013 17:36

Likwid H-Craft wrote:
Zsoltisawesome wrote:
Tedypig wrote:
I would remove them completly. There are no plants on the moon.


ya... that sounds easy... but the mapgen might not like it

Edit: Testing... SHOOT, I Removed papyrus cacti and junglegrass and it started flooding errors saying:
Code: Select all
11:26:59: ERROR[EmergeThread]: Map::setNode(): Not allowing to place CONTENT_IGNORE while trying to replace "air" at (430,6,137) (block (26,0,8))


I Hate to say it, but "I Told Ya So!"


Set the plants textures to blank and, walkthough


i have paint, it don't support transpaency...
Check Out Moontest! http://hnss.gq/moontest
Buddies: Likwid H-Craft, 0gb.us, Death, Starfellow, asie, and many more!
 

User avatar
Likwid H-Craft
Member
 
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 14:20
Location: Lost in Crypt

by Likwid H-Craft » Fri Mar 29, 2013 17:37

Zsoltisawesome wrote:Anyone have an astronaut MC skin? please put on github


Yes.

And I will take care of transpaencys for you.

Edit:Matter Fact I made a astronaut helment.
Last edited by Likwid H-Craft on Fri Mar 29, 2013 17:38, edited 1 time in total.
My Domain's/others:
http://likwidtest.hj.cx/ (Not Done)
 

User avatar
Zsoltisawesome
Member
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 18:07
Location: Utah, USA
GitHub: YellowberryHN
IRC: YellowberryHN
In-game: YellowberryHN

by Zsoltisawesome » Fri Mar 29, 2013 17:43

Updated First Post, WE NEED C++ CODERS!!!!!!!!!!
Check Out Moontest! http://hnss.gq/moontest
Buddies: Likwid H-Craft, 0gb.us, Death, Starfellow, asie, and many more!
 

User avatar
Zsoltisawesome
Member
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 18:07
Location: Utah, USA
GitHub: YellowberryHN
IRC: YellowberryHN
In-game: YellowberryHN

by Zsoltisawesome » Fri Mar 29, 2013 17:43

Likwid H-Craft wrote:
Zsoltisawesome wrote:Anyone have an astronaut MC skin? please put on github


Yes.

And I will take care of transpaencys for you.

Edit:Matter Fact I made a astronaut helment.


just make a fully transparent .png and put it up on github
Check Out Moontest! http://hnss.gq/moontest
Buddies: Likwid H-Craft, 0gb.us, Death, Starfellow, asie, and many more!
 

User avatar
Likwid H-Craft
Member
 
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 14:20
Location: Lost in Crypt

by Likwid H-Craft » Fri Mar 29, 2013 17:49

Hmm, you forgot me as a .lua since I making the ore and, other stuff...

Anyways do you like use the helment?
My Domain's/others:
http://likwidtest.hj.cx/ (Not Done)
 

PreviousNext

Return to WIP Mods



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests