[Mod] Elemental Masters for simplemobs [v0.4] by noobly

Post Reply
User avatar
noobly
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 15:47

[Mod] Elemental Masters for simplemobs [v0.4] by noobly

by noobly » Post

Old Post Updated link: viewtopic.php?id=8918
Last edited by noobly on Fri Mar 28, 2014 18:15, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rubenwardy
Moderator
Posts: 6295
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 18:11
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

by rubenwardy » Post

Dont do that
  • Make a seperate mod
  • make it depend on simplemobs
  • upload the mod to a file storage site, ie: ubuntuone, google drive
  • format the title [Mod] Elemental Masters for simplemobs [v0.1]
Last edited by rubenwardy on Fri Apr 19, 2013 15:59, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam
Location: Germany

by PilzAdam » Post

You should pack this into mod ("mobs_addon" for example) and add "mobs" into depends.txt. Then you woul also be able to add textures to it.
Last edited by PilzAdam on Fri Apr 19, 2013 16:00, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
noobly
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 15:47

by noobly » Post

rubenwardy wrote:Dont do that
  • Make a seperate mod
  • make it depend on simplemobs
  • upload the mod to a file storage site, ie: ubuntuone, google drive
  • format the title [Mod] Elemental Masters for simplemobs [v0.1]
im sorry im a noob as my name suggests i just wanted people to tell me what they think and if no one liked it i would quit on it thanks though

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam
Location: Germany

by PilzAdam » Post

The water and magma masters are a good idea! (Althoug magma should be renamed to lava)

But a very important thing are the textures. So if you create nice texture (maybe even 3D models) for the water and lava mobs (and drop the skeleton) then it could be a success.

4aiman
Member
Posts: 1208
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 05:47

by 4aiman » Post

And here we are picky about monster names...

User avatar
noobly
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 15:47

by noobly » Post

PilzAdam wrote:The water and magma masters are a good idea! (Althoug magma should be renamed to lava)

But a very important thing are the textures. So if you create nice texture (maybe even 3D models) for the water and lava mobs (and drop the skeleton) then it could be a success.
thanks how would i get the textures up though

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam
Location: Germany

by PilzAdam » Post

noobly wrote:
PilzAdam wrote:The water and magma masters are a good idea! (Althoug magma should be renamed to lava)

But a very important thing are the textures. So if you create nice texture (maybe even 3D models) for the water and lava mobs (and drop the skeleton) then it could be a success.
thanks how would i get the textures up though
To upload a mod you basically zip it and then upload the zip archive with a site like http://ompldr.org/.

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam
Location: Germany

by PilzAdam » Post

noobly wrote:http://ompldr.org/vaTVlMA/mobs_addon.rar
ok try this i hope it works!
You dont have to put api.lua and all the texture files of simple mobs in there.
Just add "mobs" to depends.txt.

User avatar
noobly
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 15:47

by noobly » Post

thamks for helping me I hope you enjoy making mods :) as i did failing XD i fixed it up

User avatar
noobly
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 15:47

by noobly » Post

4aiman wrote:And here we are picky about monster names...

thats the funniest thing ive heard today (well saw) lol XD

User avatar
noobly
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 15:47

by noobly » Post

PilzAdam wrote:
noobly wrote:http://ompldr.org/vaTVlMA/mobs_addon.rar
ok try this i hope it works!
You dont have to put api.lua and all the texture files of simple mobs in there.
Just add "mobs" to depends.txt.

ive added water masters dropped the skeleton and renamed the magma to lava also ive added a glass master that is mainly for blocking you in tonnes of glass wich you have to smash to get to him XD

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam
Location: Germany

by PilzAdam » Post

noobly wrote:
PilzAdam wrote:
noobly wrote:http://ompldr.org/vaTVlMA/mobs_addon.rar
ok try this i hope it works!
You dont have to put api.lua and all the texture files of simple mobs in there.
Just add "mobs" to depends.txt.

ive added water masters dropped the skeleton and renamed the magma to lava also ive added a glass master that is mainly for blocking you in tonnes of glass wich you have to smash to get to him XD
Now that looks a lot better!
Some minor things still to fix:
  • In the README: Its "Minetest", not "Minetest-c55"
  • Textures should prefix their modname, so "elementalmasters_" in your case
  • At the end of init.lua: You should print "elementalmasters loaded" instead of "mobs loaded"
  • In the installation guide: People shouldnt install mods in the games, but in the mods/[gamename]/ folder
  • A license is missing in the topic
This are just some minor things, though.

User avatar
noobly
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 15:47

by noobly » Post

PilzAdam wrote:
noobly wrote:
PilzAdam wrote: You dont have to put api.lua and all the texture files of simple mobs in there.
Just add "mobs" to depends.txt.

ive added water masters dropped the skeleton and renamed the magma to lava also ive added a glass master that is mainly for blocking you in tonnes of glass wich you have to smash to get to him XD
Now that looks a lot better!
Some minor things still to fix:
  • In the README: Its "Minetest", not "Minetest-c55"
  • Textures should prefix their modname, so "elementalmasters_" in your case
  • At the end of init.lua: You should print "elementalmasters loaded" instead of "mobs loaded"
  • In the installation guide: People shouldnt install mods in the games, but in the mods/[gamename]/ folder
  • A license is missing in the topic
This are just some minor things, though.
Done. thanks for letting me know

User avatar
sdzen
Member
Posts: 1170
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 22:33
Location: Paradise (your not allowed)

by sdzen » Post

4aiman wrote:And here we are picky about monster names...
When I used pilzadams simplemobs, I kept calling his monsters golems

Zen S.D.

The next generation of tranquility!
malheureusement mon français n'est pas bon :<
Owner of the Zelo's
In game name: MuadTralk, spdtainted, sdzen, sd zen, sdzeno

User avatar
sawik
Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 18:11
GitHub: Sawiq
In-game: Sawik
Location: Poland

by sawik » Post

Hey Guys, this mod is still maintained? I would like to try it, but download link is expired...

4aiman
Member
Posts: 1208
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 05:47

by 4aiman » Post

Necroposting detected...
Actually neither this nor simple mobs have been updated by their authors since the date you could've seen in a previous post (header).

So, I doubt smth has changed or became incompatible.
Maybe Adam still has a copy - he had helped the guy with uploading.

User avatar
Topywo
Member
Posts: 1721
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 20:27

by Topywo » Post

It looks like I've the oldest version. I don't have the 3 updates (latest 12/9/2013). I missed those completely. Editing the first post after updating a mod, doesn't create a 'new' post. That's why most modders make a new post in their topic, pointing to made changes in the first post.

User avatar
BrunoMine
Member
Posts: 1074
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 17:29
GitHub: BrunoMine
Location: SP-Brasil
Contact:

by BrunoMine » Post

rubenwardy wrote:
  • upload the mod to a file storage site, ie: ubuntuone, google drive
or Dropbox
My small square universe under construction ... Minemacro
Comunidade Minetest Brasil
www.minetestbrasil.com

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests