[Solved]How do I make nodes that are not cubes?

scifiboi

[Solved]How do I make nodes that are not cubes?

by scifiboi » Post

I've seen it done in the non-cubic blocks mod, I just haven't the slightest clue how it is achieved. I want to make a table that has 4 legs on it. How can I do this?
Last edited by scifiboi on Tue May 07, 2013 02:06, edited 1 time in total.
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
My mod: Thaumtest

epsonok0

by epsonok0 » Post

Its in the PNG immage used. They use black and the programming for minetest interprets black in an immage file to mean empty space. So it becomes see through. Thats how the glass works.

A great way to acheive your table legs is to go and get the PSY mod. Edit the bmp immage or PNG or whatever it is to have a long striaght brown line that is fairly thick down through the work space. Then put black on each side. Save the immage file in the same format it is in, but rename it leg.
Then rename the folder to leg. And then open the lua file with notepad and edit anywhere you see PSY into the word leg.
I dont have much concern with how you feel about my opinion. Thats why its my opinion and not yours.

InfinityProject

by InfinityProject » Post

Actually, none of that is true. The empty space is achieved through transparency.

You use a node box for an irregular shaped node.

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

For an example of how to make something like a table, look at the Tonyka's "3dforniture" mod. It has such a thing already. Also take a look at my Home Decor mod, there are a few simple nodebox-based objects therein also.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

This link about nodeboxes might help you too.

http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=2333

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

or you can use my nodebox editor: http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=2840
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

scifiboi

by scifiboi » Post

Wow, thanks all of you. I looked at both decor mods. They looked great. Rubenwardy, your application looks amazing! I hope it works out like I think it will. I will try it when I return home.

scifiboi

by scifiboi » Post

rubenwardy, your program kept saying that msvcp110.dll and msvcr110.dll was missing. I installed both of them into the directory that I extracted the program into, and it said that it could not find the entry point "__crtCreateSymbolicLinkW" in MSVCR110.dll

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

Last edited by Jordach on Mon May 06, 2013 20:21, edited 1 time in total.

scifiboi

by scifiboi » Post

It doesn't matter. I've gotten the nodebox things down. Thanks for the help guys! Plus, I was on a Windows machine only because I was at school. I'm on my linux box right now and unable to install it on here either. :P lol

epsonok0

by epsonok0 » Post

InfinityProject wrote:Actually, none of that is true. The empty space is achieved through transparency.

You use a node box for an irregular shaped node.
Acutaly I have acheived this when I couldnot get clean glass mod to work. I found the glass, texture file. And edited the streeks with black. The result in game was glass with no pattern in the center. It was see through. I am not trying to agravate people. But was trying to participate. And my answer was in technicality true.
I dont have much concern with how you feel about my opinion. Thats why its my opinion and not yours.

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

scifiboi wrote:It doesn't matter. I've gotten the nodebox things down. Thanks for the help guys! Plus, I was on a Windows machine only because I was at school. I'm on my linux box right now and unable to install it on here either. :P lol
With rubenwardy's editor, download the zipball from github, and cd in to the dir; then type

Code: Select all

cmake . && make