Mod Request: Mushrooms..

RAPHAEL

Mod Request: Mushrooms..

by RAPHAEL » Post

I'm officially requesting someone with more knowledge in lua and modding to make a mod that grows mushrooms.

Some suggestions:
* Brown and White button like mushrooms (maybe could use some code from flowers)
* Cave lichen (seen rugs in DARKET mod that code could maybe be used)
* Glowing Mushrooms (maybe like a hybrid of lantern and button mushrooms?)

Mushrooms need to have a maximum amount of light that they can grow in. Like they wouldn't grow on the surface except under trees or in shaded areas. The brown and white buttons should be edible but the glowing one not be.

I will be looking into trying to do this myself but I can promise you that it will be from a lua and modding noob lol.
"Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind, is it true, is it necessary, does it improve upon the silence?"
My mods: http://goo.gl/n4kpn
(Currently Various, Industrial, Fakeblocks, Jail, MoarCraft, Christmas, Replicator, minetest dev installer for linux, bash mod installer, windows mod installer)

Hackeridze

by Hackeridze » Post

If nobody made it in couple of days, I will make it.
My game: RTMG
GENTOO USER

elemashine

by elemashine » Post

Hackeridze wrote:If nobody made it in couple of days, I will make it.
Why? Is it really needed thing? Just create more mobs for dungeons and gameplay will be more interesting, rastaplants and mushrooms only for drugdillers

Hackeridze

by Hackeridze » Post

elemashine wrote:
Why? Is it really needed thing? Just create more mobs for dungeons and gameplay will be more interesting, rastaplants and mushrooms only for drugdillers
Creating mobs is out of my abilities =\ and I love farms ;P
GENTOO USER

dannydark

by dannydark » Post

elemashine wrote:
You can't create mobs with the current Modding API iirc, that should be available in a future update.
Last edited by dannydark on Mon Dec 19, 2011 14:42, edited 1 time in total.

RAPHAEL

by RAPHAEL » Post

elemashine wrote:Why? Is it really needed thing? Just create more mobs for dungeons and gameplay will be more interesting, rastaplants and mushrooms only for drugdillers
lol I would hope you are joking with your statements. If you notice the request was for edible button type mushrooms and a non edible glowing mushroom (would be interesting to see and maybe used as a dim light).
Last edited by RAPHAEL on Mon Dec 19, 2011 17:11, edited 1 time in total.
"Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind, is it true, is it necessary, does it improve upon the silence?"
(Currently Various, Industrial, Fakeblocks, Jail, MoarCraft, Christmas, Replicator, minetest dev installer for linux, bash mod installer, windows mod installer)

Hackeridze

by Hackeridze » Post

I started working. for now it is 3 types: red,brown and white mushrooms.
GENTOO USER

RAPHAEL

by RAPHAEL » Post

Hackeridze wrote:I started working. for now it is 3 types: red,brown and white mushrooms.
Sweet.. can't wait :)

Hackeridze

by Hackeridze » Post

http://c55.me/minetest/forum/viewtopic.php?id=574 here you can download mushrooms mod, i need help wit it.
I implemented minecraft-like mushrooms growing in one hour, but i realized that IN REAL LIFE MUSHROOMS NOT GROW LIKE IN MENECRAFT!!!1!1

So I need help with realization of real mushrooms growing. Of course, if minecraft like growing satisfy you, I can leave it(minecraft like growing) and move on to recipes.
Last edited by Hackeridze on Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:21, edited 1 time in total.
GENTOO USER

ironzorg

by ironzorg » Post

RAPHAEL wrote:I'm officially requesting someone with more knowledge in lua and modding to make a mod that grows mushrooms.

Some suggestions:
* Brown and White button like mushrooms (maybe could use some code from flowers)
* Cave lichen (seen rugs in DARKET mod that code could maybe be used)
* Glowing Mushrooms (maybe like a hybrid of lantern and button mushrooms?)

Mushrooms need to have a maximum amount of light that they can grow in. Like they wouldn't grow on the surface except under trees or in shaded areas. The brown and white buttons should be edible but the glowing one not be.

I will be looking into trying to do this myself but I can promise you that it will be from a lua and modding noob lol.
You can definitely use the code I made for the flowers mod.

Hackeridze

by Hackeridze » Post

Okay, mushrooms done and I will upload it in couple of days then finish some docs for RTMMP. Wait for RTMMP 0.4 version :P

No any recipes made! I wait for your suggestion in this. Offer the recipes. For now I think only about mushroom \ pumpkin pie and mushrooms soup(but I should make potatoes for that)

Notice: White and red mushrooms will be inedible mushrooms(you will ill after eating).
Last edited by Hackeridze on Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:09, edited 1 time in total.
GENTOO USER

Hackeridze

by Hackeridze » Post

Hackeridze wrote:Okay, mushrooms done and I will upload it in couple of days then finish some docs for RTMMP. Wait for RTMMP 0.4 version :P

No any recipes made! I wait for your suggestion in this. Offer the recipes. For now I think only about mushroom \ pumpkin pie and mushrooms soup(but I should make potatoes for that)

Notice: White and red mushrooms will be inedible mushrooms(you will ill after eating).
No suggestions?
GENTOO USER

xyz

by xyz » Post

Hackeridze wrote:
Hackeridze wrote:Okay, mushrooms done and I will upload it in couple of days then finish some docs for RTMMP. Wait for RTMMP 0.4 version :P

No suggestions?
What about Mushroom Tree?

Hackeridze

by Hackeridze » Post

И что юзать вместо костной пыли? или грибы сами должны становится большими, от времени?
GENTOO USER