[Mod] Terminal [0.4] [terminal]

Silent-Hunter

by Silent-Hunter » Fri Nov 08, 2013 07:27

I have an idea for security. Make it so that only people with permission can even interact with the terminal. Others should be able to turn it on and off, but nothing else. These people would have to use a keyboard connected to the terminal through a luacontroller, which one refuse to pass certain strings to the terminal. For example, if someone types a string that starts with "rm", the luacontroller would drop the whole thing and not pass it to the terminal.

This would only work if the terminal has the ability to reject users from typing at it directly though.

Bas080

GitHub: bas080
IRC: bas080
In-game: bas080

by Bas080 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 02:41

Silent-Hunter, The privs afaik works atm, Terminal priv is required to interact. As for the interactive terminal ui, There is a addition to the digilines that adds a digiterm (see link). You can use the channels to show the output of the terminal on the digiterm. It sounds complex but ones you get the hang of digilines (channels) i'm sure you'll get it to work.

https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=6805 <<< very nice addition to the digilines mod

jogag

GitHub: jogag
IRC: jogag
In-game: jogag

Re:

by jogag » Sun Sep 06, 2015 08:20

Bas080 wrote:Silent-Hunter, The privs afaik works atm, Terminal priv is required to interact. As for the interactive terminal ui, There is a addition to the digilines that adds a digiterm (see link). You can use the channels to show the output of the terminal on the digiterm. It sounds complex but ones you get the hang of digilines (channels) i'm sure you'll get it to work.

https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=6805 <<< very nice addition to the digilines mod

another very nice addition to digilines mod :D
It's my Digiline Stuff pack. It also includes your keyboard (this), but improved (you can set the channel and change the input prompt!), and I'm working on Internet of Things mod.

Ferk

GitHub: Ferk

Re: [Mod] Terminal [0.4] [terminal]

by Ferk » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:07

There could be a subdirectory with shell scripts for the mod. Then if you own the server you just put whatever scripts you want the terminal to be able to run in that folder and they would be available from the in-game interface as normal commands.

You could add a "terminal-scripts" folder inside the world folder and another inside the mod (so you could have per-world scripts or global, with the per-world taking precedence).

After this, add a parameter for the world that disables running arbitrary commands (so you will only be able to run the scripts).

This way people can customize what's available in the terminal without having to edit the source of the mod and fork it for every operative system or every set of commands, and still get protection from others doing things like rm -rf.
{ ☠ Dungeontest ☠ , ᗧ••myarcade•• }

Previous

Return to WIP Mods