The Dalek Mod? Possible?

BorisGrishenko

The Dalek Mod? Possible?

by BorisGrishenko » Fri Jul 19, 2013 07:43

I watch Doctor Who and if there is anything I learned from that show is Daleks!
Watch this video coming from Minecraft.
http://youtu.be/EYdY9CBvQmc

Tell me if this is possible to make in Minetest.
Hi, I'm this guy at his home somewhere in a very hot place.
Currently working on houses based in real and virtual worlds.
Judge Minister Claude Frollo should be a Disney Prince.

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Fri Jul 19, 2013 09:11

BorisGrishenko wrote:I watch Doctor Who and if there is anything I learned from that show is Daleks!
Watch this video coming from Minecraft.
http://youtu.be/EYdY9CBvQmc

Tell me if this is possible to make in Minetest.

AFAIK, yes, in fact, I started to make an all-around doctor who mod (which I abandoned, since I left minetest and the community), but stopping that short rant, there are 3d mob mods available (check sapier's mod), so I don't see why this shouldn't be possible.

AI speed is a possible issue though, but really, just use a basic atan2 AI, and it should be fine (really, who cares about fancy A* AI's? Who can tell the difference anyways?). And add a bullseye algorithm to it (you know, if the player is in range, start moving towards it, if it's in a closer range, start attacking).

Hope this can help!

... and yes, it's 3:11AM in the morning, and I'm super bored... that's why I'm posting here. Not a sufficient enough reason, but heck, you're not one the plagiarists here, so why not? =P
My mods: The Nether | Doctor Who (WIP)

I have quit minetest ... again. I am heavily unimpressed by both the game and the community.

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Fri Jul 19, 2013 09:16

Maybe the mob framework might be easiest to work from seeing as it is designed as a frame so you can add more mobs. I can't remember what daleks look like exactly but I may have a go at making one in blender.
Some Mods: Castles Prefab Camouflage
My Games: Nostalgia Realtest Revamped
Servers: See above games.

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Fri Jul 19, 2013 09:23

Dan Duncombe wrote:Maybe the mob framework might be easiest to work from seeing as it is designed as a frame so you can add more mobs...

Yup, just wanted to give some extra info, just in case he wanted to do it on his own ^_^
My mods: The Nether | Doctor Who (WIP)

I have quit minetest ... again. I am heavily unimpressed by both the game and the community.

sloantothebone

Re: The Dalek Mod? Possible?

by sloantothebone » Thu Jun 04, 2015 19:48

I see making a Dalek as rather easy: take a Dungeon masterfrom simple mobs, modify it with Blender, add sound effects, make the projectile faster, increase the health, etc

Return to WIP Mods